2021-2022 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2x applicant with improved MCAT, no word from AZCOM or CCOM... or any school, lol.

Reactions: 2 users
So confused why I haven't heard anything from both AZCOM and CCOM... submitted on first day, no waitlist for interview, rejection, or interview yet.. no communication whatsoever

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So confused why I haven't heard anything from both AZCOM and CCOM... submitted on first day, no waitlist for interview, rejection, or interview yet.. no communication whatsoever
Eyyyyyyyy ditto

Reactions: 1 user
Same! Idk what this means lol

I am late to the party and submitted primary to AZCOM on 08/20. Anyone submit around the same time? Just wondering for secondary timeline :)

Just got my interview waitlist email. Does anyone know anything about how many people actually get off this interview waitlist and get interviews? I know its not really a R but kinda feels like one lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview waitlist email. Does anyone know anything about how many people actually get off this interview waitlist and get interviews? I know its not really a R but kinda feels like one lol.
From previous threads and a Reddit post (see earlier in this thread) it seems that a lot of people were on hold before getting an interview.

I have fairly solid stats for DO, have 2 DO IIs thus far and havent heard anything back from AZCOM. No waitlist or anything. Complete 7/6

dont worry guys, its not even September yet

when did you guys submit secondary and when did you get email?
Secondary submitted 6/29 and was interview waitlisted in 7/15. No word since then. Based on the email, it sounds like it’s like a hold for comparison so if I ever get off it would be several months.

No word from this school

well they're sending out R's and waitlists, so maybe it's good news?
They are sending out both Rs and waitlists? Maybe our app hasn't been reviewed yet lol

• Wow
Is interview waitlist here pretty much a rejection?

+3, was waitlisted for an interview on 8/31. I really hope I can get off this waitlist :) Does anyone know if this is a soft-R or if there is still hope?
n=1 a friend of a friend is a current student at AZCOM and he was also interview waitlisted when he applied. He was able to get off the waitlist, get an interview, and then accepted so there is hope for us.

• Care
interview hold. 512+ MCAT / 3.2 cGPA. i am obsessed with the part of the email that says "this should be viewed as a positive result." why does it not feel that way? lol

Reactions: 4 users
Complete 6/28, they must have forgot about me. Silence. haha

Also interview waitlist yesterday... Yeah I feel kind of weird about it as well.

Complete on like the first day secondary released .... radio silence over here lol

• Care
Complete late July. Finally received interview waitlist.

got a II 8/30 late at night, complete july 5 , OOS

Got on the interview waitlist tho I'm in no hurry to get an interview especially with the tuition cost.

wtf only thing i can guess being "waitlist material" is the sgpa but still wtf. Anyone get a waitlist with higher stats (507+ AND 3.5+)? Wondering if they actually read your app or just go off stats
Interview waitlist- OOS, 3.75, 509

also got II waitlist 9/3, complete 8/16 ... damn

Hi all! I know how stressful the application process is, I'm a nontraditional student who had to apply three times and do a masters to get into med school, but I'm currently at AZCOM in my first year. If anyone is curious what school is like week to week, a couple of us started a podcast to document our journey through med school. We meet every Friday and talk about the things we did that week (tests classes etc), our challenges and our successes. You can find it on Spotify "The Learn'ed Doc Podcast". I'm sharing because I had always wished there was something like that when I was applying to really understand what it's like once you're on the other side of acceptance.

If anyone has questions about anything I'd be happy to answer them. Otherwise my stats are below.

BS in Biology
BA in anthropology and analytical chemistry

Undergrad GPA 3.2
MCAT (x3) 497/497/507

MA in biomedical sciences
Masters GPA 3.5

Keep grinding and do a masters program if you need it.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users