2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Facebook group increased by 12! Does anybody in the group (incoming M1s or students) have an idea of how many people in the group are a part of SGA or standing by to post about housing? Also, what is the deadline for the Masters students to accept their acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone who’s gotten off the WL so far, did you get an email from TouroCOM asking if you were still interested on remaining on the WL?

Not in the group, but the 4 admin to the group are students, so at least 4. SGA usually post a Google sheet for those that are looking for roommates or selling furniture. Masters have not received all their grades yet so have not received their acceptance yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. So I’m going to be starting my rotations at Coney Island Hospital starting July. There are 12 people total at that site which is what most of the hospital have. The two largest site are Harlem and Staten Island hospital which have 24 people. There is an option to switch rotation sites with MT and I’m guessing Montana (when it’s fully operational) provided both parties agree to the switch. There were a couple of people that I know who did swap this year. I know that MT does have a site that takes like 60 ppl but Harlem doesn’t have a site that takes that many.
I see it's at least an hour commute even from the lower tip of Manhattan. So you're likely moving to make this happen right? Was it your first choice?
How long will you stay put there before you have to move again? :eek:

Also @RaymondL094 or any other current students.
Do you guys have access to the 2023 match placements?
For 2022, I counted 11 graduates who went into non FM/IM/EM/OB/Psych residencies out of a graduating class of ~120. That's less than 10% of graduates going into alll other specialties.

Can you comment on why this is? Is it just that the students just (by coinkidink) happen to be strongly interested in IM/EM/FM, or perhaps a lack of resources to support students doing research necessary for other fields, or something about the branding of the school being seen as geared toward FM?
It seems like the school does well enough on boards at least so what's the catch??

I'm personally interested in things like rads/anesthesia/path, so I'm a liittle concerned.

I am moving to decrease the commute time but only for a year. Not sure what I’m going to do for my 4th year, but most likely going back home which is back to Manhattan (I’m a lifelong NYer). Coney was my first choice. As for the match, I can’t really comment as I have no idea. I know a few fourth years that wanted IM and EM and got the program that they wanted. For me personally, I’m hoping for anesthesia 🤞. My class in particular seem more spread out in what they want (a lot of surgery, EM, IM, etc).

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all! I'm currently on the WL, I interviewed in February, interview went well (I think lol). I sent an update letter in March, told to send one in May, so I sent one May 5th (I never received an "are you still interested" email). I'm really hoping to get in and go here. Anyone else in the same boat? Or does anyone know when the next round of WL movement might be? Seems like the last wave was May 15th. Thank you all and good luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hello all! I'm currently on the WL, I interviewed in February, interview went well (I think lol). I sent an update letter in March, told to send one in May, so I sent one May 5th (I never received an "are you still interested" email). I'm really hoping to get in and go here. Anyone else in the same boat? Or does anyone know when the next round of WL movement might be? Seems like the last wave was May 15th. Thank you all and good luck to everyone!!
I'm also in the same boat! Did not receive the are you still interested email, but I did confirm with admissions a week or two before it was sent out that I was still interested.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sorry to seem like a bother since this thread is so quiet compared to many others haha, does anybody know when Masters begin receiving their acceptances? Is it the beginning of June?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Does anyone know how long it takes to get accepted into the Facebook group? It’s been a while for me and I’d like to get information about roommates and such.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get accepted into the Facebook group? It’s been a while for me and I’d like to get information about roommates and such.
If it's been a while, then maybe you would have better luck messaging one of the admins?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would assume they fill out their DO class first no?
No, they accept about 1/3rd of the Masters class being that one of the incentives for being a part of it is that if you work hard throughout the semester & perform well on the comprehensive exam, then you are offered an acceptance to the DO program. A few months ago, a current student mentioned that this Masters class is small than previous years but to expect ~20 from the program to matriculate.

I'm sorry to seem like a bother since this thread is so quiet compared to many others haha, does anybody know when Masters begin receiving their acceptances? Is it the beginning of June?
Schools been dragging their feet, but Masters grades are all in and now just waiting for email of notice. Also for the FB group, I know that SGA usually waits on administration to give them a updated list. Maybe message them.

Schools been dragging their feet, but Masters grades are all in and now just waiting for email of notice. Also for the FB group, I know that SGA usually waits on administration to give them a updated list. Maybe message them.
Cool, thank you for the updates! I really appreciate how you keep checking back in the thread & answer all the questions. If I get admitted, I'm definitely going to do the same for future waitlist threads because I wouldn't have known without your knowledge.

Hi everyone! I am currently slated to attend the Great Falls campus but was curious if any current students could confirm whether or not classes have a dress code? I would assume the MT campus would follow suit with Harlem policies so inquiring here for any input 🙃

Hi everyone! I am currently slated to attend the Great Falls campus but was curious if any current students could confirm whether or not classes have a dress code? I would assume the MT campus would follow suit with Harlem policies so inquiring here for any input 🙃
This is for Harlem (but I think it applies across the board). There no dress code for most classes. Anatomy lab requires scrubs (any color). OMM lab requires shorts and tshirt / sports bra (tho some attendings lets it slide later on as it gets colder). Physical diagnosis sometimes require OMM attire when doing skills labs and such. OSCE (iirc 3 per semester) require professional attire with white coat.

Reactions: 1 users
This is for Harlem (but I think it applies across the board). There no dress code for most classes. Anatomy lab requires scrubs (any color). OMM lab requires shorts and tshirt / sports bra (tho some attendings lets it slide later on as it gets colder). Physical diagnosis sometimes require OMM attire when doing skills labs and such. OSCE (iirc 3 per semester) require professional attire with white coat.
Thank you so much!

Accepted off the waitlist this morning around 9:30AM!! Seems like there is going to be a lot of movement this week, good luck to everyone still on the waitlist, do not lose hope, there's still time!

Reactions: 6 users
I got off the waitlist as well! Good luck to everyone else still waiting seems like a lot of movement is going on looking at this thread.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist at 430 PM! First A of the cycle I can’t believe it! I’ve been planning for another MCAT and application for next cycle… to those still on WL it’s important to plan B but don’t lose hope! Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted off the waitlist at 430 PM! First A of the cycle I can’t believe it! I’ve been planning for another MCAT and application for next cycle… to those still on WL it’s important to plan B but don’t lose hope! Wishing everyone the best of luck.
Congratulations!!!!

I am so so so so so happy for you all.

I do feel like I’m dying though.

🤣

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Masters have received their acceptance and have a week to reply

Congratulations to everyone who got off the WL!! When did you all interview? Any March interviewers who got accepted?

Received my A last night, can't believe it!! Interviewed Feb 8, waitlisted March 16. Gl to everyone waiting to hear back

Received my A a few minutes ago and still staring at my screen in disbelief. Good luck to anyone still waiting!

Has anyone received an email to confirm their interest in staying on the waitlist? And has anyone who has received this email gotten in?

Has anyone received an email to confirm their interest in staying on the waitlist? And has anyone who has received this email gotten in?
I did not receive this email, but was accepted off the waitlist last week! I did confirm though with a one sentence confirmation that I was very interested in staying on the waitlist and attending.

does anyone know if the class is full yet? I got an email a few weeks ago asking if I was still interested

Hi, may have gotten off the WL today but moved to attend a different school. Any current student I can DM? Wanted to ask a few comparison-between-schools type questions. Thank you.