2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What does it mean if I haven't been rejected yet AND haven't been waitlisted yet? Radio silence since my secondary submission in September.

Members don't see this ad.

What does it mean if I haven't been rejected yet AND haven't been waitlisted yet? Radio silence since my secondary submission in September.
Looking at last year's thread, they gave out a bunch of pre-II Rs on April 6th. I'm also unsure if they are interviewing later into April.

For those of us who got placed on the waitlist, is there anything we need to do to confirm? I’m reading the email over and over and they don’t ask me to reply or anything

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 2/27 and felt it went alright but I haven't heard back yet.
Strange, looks like people who interviewed in mid March have already heard back. I was hoping to hear something this week but still nothing.

Strange, looks like people who interviewed in mid March have already heard back. I was hoping to hear something this week but still nothing.
Right? It's strange that ppl who interviewed later already got their WL/Rs. I felt confident coming out of my interview so I'm a bit confused. The ~2wk post-ii response trend on this thread has me a bit worried but I guess they did tell us it'd take them 6-8 weeks

Some of my classmates literally got accepted a week or so before classes began. Keep the faith!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R today! Email said that interviews for NY campuses are done but invited to apply to MT campus (for the third time lmao)

Have they started pulling people off the waitlist? The class of 2027 Facebook group number went up to 53 in one day!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they accept letters of intent or had success with it?I interviewed 3/13, so it’s been a month of radio silence since then. I’ve seen a lot of people get decisions who interviewed the same day and even later (WL or R) but strangely no A’s lately. Idk if they’re waiting to do them in a big burst or if their class is full already but I’d really like to go here, so I was about to send a letter of intent

Anyone know if they accept letters of intent or had success with it?I interviewed 3/13, so it’s been a month of radio silence since then. I’ve seen a lot of people get decisions who interviewed the same day and even later (WL or R) but strangely no A’s lately. Idk if they’re waiting to do them in a big burst or if their class is full already but I’d really like to go here, so I was about to send a letter of intent
My WL email specifically said to not send letters of intent until May. From my experience, a no response at this point means you are likely on the WL, and the email also said movement typically doesn’t start until Mid-May. This wait is killing me too but keep the faith!

Do you know anyone who has gotten an post-interview R after a March interview date?

My WL email specifically said to not send letters of intent until May. From my experience, a no response at this point means you are likely on the WL, and the email also said movement typically doesn’t start until Mid-May. This wait is killing me too but keep the faith!
It’s weird though cuz a lot of people from my interview day got emails saying they were WL, but I haven’t gotten anything… why wouldn’t they just send me my WL email too if that was the case. I’m waiting to hear something from TCOM because i need to know where to look for apartments and stuff lool

I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 3/8, felt good coming out of it, but haven't heard anything since. Strange to see people get decisions who interviewed same day or later without getting anything myself. I'm hoping it's a positive sign that we haven't heard we're WL yet, but who knows. Definitely my first choice, was also wondering the same about the LOI. Let me know if you hear anything!

Lol just got my decision. Post II R. Kind of sucks considering how I was treated in the interview, but maybe it was for the best. Best of luck for everyone else!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Wait I interviewed on 3/13 and I haven't heard anything, unsure if this is a good or a bad thing lol. Did you guys get an email with a decision or did you see it in portal?
I interviewed then too and I got a waitlist on 3/29. Good luck!

Lol just got my decision. Post II R. Kind of sucks considering how I was treated in the interview, but maybe it was for the best. Best of luck for everyone else!
Did they treat you badly what happened

Got mine as well - WL. Sorry to hear that, good luck elsewhere!

Good luck to everyone else on the WL as well, hopefully it moves quick once they start evaluating.

Reactions: 1 users
Did they treat you badly what happened
Just had interview.. very strange. My interviewers started the interview about 10 mins late, so my interview was 20 min instead of 30. Also one of the interviewers was different than I was told in the email... Not sure if I should reach out to admissions about this. I'll probably just let it be, but I didnt get to discuss everything I wanted due to short time
Posted this message after my interview, that's basically what happened lol. Showed up late to the interview by 10 mins, didn't provide an explanation or apologize, different interviewers than I was told, cut interview short. They seemed very fixated on my grades, I'm assuming that's most of the reason why I didn't get in. Didn't feel like reaching out to ask

I'm accepted to the Montana campus but posting here for help from current students - could anyone share the MS1 schedule for the first week of classes? I'm hoping to fly home that weekend (Aug 5th) for an event but am not sure if I'd be able to leave Thursday night or sometime on Friday.
So this is from 2 years ago (2021). Our schedule for that 1st week of August (1st week of class after the week of orientation) was:
  1. Monday: Anatomy and an OMM primer (only Monday that has a class as usually this is reserved for exams)
  2. Tuesday: Anatomy, Anatomy Lab, Histology Lab
  3. Wednesday: Physical diagnosis, Biochemistry, Histology, Professionalism, and Physiology
  4. Thursday: Anatomy, Anatomy Lab, OMM, OMM Lab
  5. Friday: Nothing
So besides Monday having class, this is your normal schedule except for when holidays force the schedule to move around things. This is for Harlem so things might be slightly different for Montana.

Reactions: 1 users
So this is from 2 years ago (2021). Our schedule for that 1st week of August (1st week of class after the week of orientation) was:
  1. Monday: Anatomy and an OMM primer (only Monday that has a class as usually this is reserved for exams)
  3. Wednesday: Physical diagnosis, Biochemistry, Histology, Professionalism, and Physiology
So besides Monday having class, this is your normal schedule except for when holidays force the schedule to move around things. This is for Harlem so things might be slightly different for Montana.
Thank you so much!! Hopefully they don't change things around too much haha

Thanks! What are the exam days typically like on Mondays?

Thanks! What are the exam days typically like on Mondays?
1st year is usually morning exams (2 hours long). I think most of them are either 10-12 or 9-11. Anatomy is the only class that has longer exams because there is a practical attached.

Question for current students — are exams in-house or NBME??

Touro's fafsas are due May 1st correct? I haven't done my FAFSA yet because I'm still in contention for a few other schools and don't expect to hear back before then, and I believe you can only do your FAFSA for one school. Is anyone in a similar predicament or have any advice for me about how to approach doing my FAFSA? Thanks

Touro's fafsas are due May 1st correct? I haven't done my FAFSA yet because I'm still in contention for a few other schools and don't expect to hear back before then, and I believe you can only do your FAFSA for one school. Is anyone in a similar predicament or have any advice for me about how to approach doing my FAFSA? Thanks
I think you can add multiple schools on FAFSA

It's already the end of April and I haven't heard anything at all from the school since my secondary submission in September... Have I been silently waitlisted, silently rejected, forgotten about, or none of the above? My GPA and MCAT are good so I thought I had a good shot.

Ok literally just got the R after I posted this. Nvm!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
If I already own a laptop and am on my parent's health insurance, could I opt out of taking out that specific loan amount ($1,152 for the laptop + $6,568 for the insurance), or do they only offer the complete cost of attendance or nothing? I know that we're able to opt out of enrolling in the student insurance, but I'm worried about the money still being taken out since it's included in the COA.
The COA determines the max amount of federal loans you can take out (without presenting an exception), but you can choose to take out any amount up to that, and it's generally advised that you take out the least necessary so you don't accumulate unnecessary interest on the rest

Does anyone know if the accepted FB group is updated in realtime or is there a delay btwn the formal acceptances and admittance into the group?

Does anyone know if the accepted FB group is updated in realtime or is there a delay btwn the formal acceptances and admittance into the group?
Well, I wasn't aware of the group until a few months after I was accepted, when Touro emailed me with the link. So there could be others that just haven't joined yet... Otherwise, it took about four days for the approval of my request to join the group. So the group number will probably fluctuate throughout the month as we get closer to the first day of class

Has anybody heard any good news? I'm dying to know if any movement has began because looking at last year's thread, they began to send out acceptances today.

As soon as I finalize my paperwork for my other school that I recently got off of the waitlist at, I'll be withdrawing my A from TouroCOM.
I absolutely love NYC and was super stoked to go here, so pretty tough decision to make.

You guys are great, and hope the spot goes to one of yall!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Sent an LOI/update letter recently and received an email from admissions this morning saying that they aren't accepting any additional letters at this point? I'm confused because the waitlist email specifically stated that LOIs & update letters should not be sent until the beginning of May, which basically indicates that they would be accepted/reviewed by the school...anyone else send a letter recently?
That’s so strange, touro is being super flip floppy

Sent an LOI/update letter recently and received an email from admissions saying that they aren't accepting any additional letters at this point? I'm confused because the waitlist email specifically stated that LOIs & update letters should not be sent until the beginning of May, which basically indicates that they would be accepted/reviewed by the school...anyone else send a letter recently?
Yes... I sent one as well and was told "I only need one sentence sent after May 15"

Yes... I sent one as well and was told "I only need one sentence sent after May 15"
Lmao so do we bite the bullet and send a LOI bc I wouldn’t have known this. It’s not like they told everyone individually what they want, or just send a sentence lol

Sent an LOI/update letter recently and received an email from admissions saying that they aren't accepting any additional letters at this point? I'm confused because the waitlist email specifically stated that LOIs & update letters should not be sent until the beginning of May, which basically indicates that they would be accepted/reviewed by the school...anyone else send a letter recently?
I was told this as well. I've had my LOI written since last year so I wish I would've known to send it to them as soon as I got waitlisted.