2023-2024 Rochester

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who interviewed, how long was each interview section? I know it says 30-60 online, but I was wondering where most interview times fell. Any tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
 
For those who interviewed, how long was each interview section? I know it says 30-60 online, but I was wondering where most interview times fell. Any tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
My first one was 60, the second one was more like 45
 
For those who interviewed, how long was each interview section? I know it says 30-60 online, but I was wondering where most interview times fell. Any tips would be appreciated as well. Thanks!
My first one was exactly 40 minutes, and the second one went for a bit over an hour.
 
For those who interviewed, looking for advice. I submitted my writing 5 days before the interview but completely overlooked the fact they said 5 business days, which would mean I submitted 3 days prior (the interview is on 2/1/24). I saw that your application can be withdrawn without further notification for this. But I just looked and I see my interviewers are still scheduled. Do you think it's worth an email to admissions about my mistake or am I being neurotic? Did anyone else not submit the writing 5 business days before and get in?
 
For those who interviewed, looking for advice. I submitted my writing 5 days before the interview but completely overlooked the fact they said 5 business days, which would mean I submitted 3 days prior (the interview is on 2/1/24). I saw that your application can be withdrawn without further notification for this. But I just looked and I see my interviewers are still scheduled. Do you think it's worth an email to admissions about my mistake or am I being neurotic? Did anyone else not submit the writing 5 business days before and get in?
Send no email and draw no attention to it. I doubt it will affect you.
 
The interview is 1:1 traditional with faculty right? What was the vibe like?

Thanks in advance.
1:1 traditional and for me, this was the interview I enjoyed most by far. Both my interviewers were extremely personable and I don't think they had specific questions prepared, it was more a conversation. They truly wanted to get to know me and it was very much back and forth as opposed to one-sided where you have to carry the conversation!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1:1 traditional and for me, this was the interview I enjoyed most by far. Both my interviewers were extremely personable and I don't think they had specific questions prepared, it was more a conversation. They truly wanted to get to know me and it was very much back and forth as opposed to one-sided where you have to carry the conversation!
Thanks, appreciate the input!
 
Does anyone know if Rochester is receptive to/ accepts letters of intent? Have this interview soon and it is definitely my top choice. Was thinking of sending the letter shortly after my interview (barring nothing goes incredibly wrong)
 
OOS A about an hour ago, interviewed 12/20! 🙂 LM 75, ORM, non-trad career changer
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does rochester accept courses in urban studies and education to fulfill the humanities requirement? their website doesn't mention anything about those fields? is there an opportunity to explain on the secondary?
 
Does rochester accept courses in urban studies and education to fulfill the humanities requirement? their website doesn't mention anything about those fields? is there an opportunity to explain on the secondary?
Typically schools ask that you get a letter from registrar at your school stating that the specific courses you took fulfil the humanities requirement. I had to do that for English because my school didn't have eng prefixes on any classes.
 
Typically schools ask that you get a letter from registrar at your school stating that the specific courses you took fulfil the humanities requirement. I had to do that for English because my school didn't have eng prefixes on any classes.
Thanks!! do they ask of this in the secondary? do they tell you they need it or do u have to do it ahead of time?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad