You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Rochester
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
stinkygoose00
Full Member
OOS pre-ii R this morning, also complete 7/15 :/
soccercity15
Full Member
+1 IS pre-ii R, complete 8/1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CompleteTheComeback
Full Member
A!!! Interviewed early November. This is my first one- so excited!!!
pinkpumpkin18
New Member
OOS A interviewed mid Nov!!
People with As- did you send thank you notes post-interview? My first interviewer straight up told me not to send one which I appreciated but not sure about the others. I always vacillate between thinking it's a nice gesture and not wanting to clutter up busy people's inboxes with a perfunctory email. I know some schools track that sort of thing but not sure if UR does or not.
pinkpumpkin18
New Member
People with As- did you send thank you notes post-interview? My first interviewer straight up told me not to send one which I appreciated but not sure about the others. I always vacillate between thinking it's a nice gesture and not wanting to clutter up busy people's inboxes with a perfunctory email. I know some schools track that sort of thing but not sure if UR does or not.
I forgot to send one and it was a few days late by that point so I just didn’t
holeinone1547
New Member
early august!Completion date?
For those who have already interviewed, it says online that they want the pre-interview essays 10 business days before the interview. I know this means two weeks, but they never said if they want it 10 business days at the latest, or want it submitted just that day. I am just a bit confused. Anyone have any clarity on this?
It’s 5 days, at the latest. Earlier is okFor those who have already interviewed, it says online that they want the pre-interview essays 10 business days before the interview. I know this means two weeks, but they never said if they want it 10 business days at the latest, or want it submitted just that day. I am just a bit confused. Anyone have any clarity on this?
Omg I read it so wrong. Thank you so much!It’s 5 days, at the latest. Earlier is ok
coolhuevos
Full Member
I keep dodging R waves somehow. Complete 8/1
purplepanda23
Full Member
Same, complete 8/12I keep dodging R waves somehow. Complete 8/1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes they do!Do they accept pre-II update letters?
Where did you get that info? I only see post II/waitlisted update letters discussed on their websiteYes they do!
CompleteTheComeback
Full Member
N=1 but a couple cycles ago I sent an update letter about now and got an II in Feb. Who knows if it helped but it didn’t hurtWhere did you get that info? I only see post II/waitlisted update letters discussed on their website
I'm pretty sure it said it in one of the early emails, someone here confirmed it for me as well. I sent one and got an II a week later so 🤷♂️Where did you get that info? I only see post II/waitlisted update letters discussed on their website
N=1 but a couple cycles ago I sent an update letter about now and got an II in Feb. Who knows if it helped but it didn’t hurt
Great thank you!!! Did you just upload to the portal?I'm pretty sure it said it in one of the early emails, someone here confirmed it for me as well. I sent one and got an II a week later so 🤷♂️
Yes!Great thank you!!! Did you just upload to the portal?
Dr.MambaMentality
Full Member
II OOS, complete mid August
mj_lobster
Full Member
OOS Waitlist
Interviewed late November
Interviewed late November
+1 OOS WL, interviewed mid-late November
purplepanda23
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R
D
deleted1161377
OOS, Caught the R
Last edited by a moderator:
norinori88
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R, complete in August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Caveat mTOR
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R, Complete 8/31.
Was the status also updated on the portal?OOS Pre-II R, Complete 8/31.
Dr.MambaMentality
Full Member
How did yall approach the interview additional questions (meaningful experiences + gap year)? Stuck between coming up with new stories or just describing the role + impact
coolhuevos
Full Member
Absolute silence since 08/01... Did my application get lost in the sauce?
+1Absolute silence since 08/01... Did my application get lost in the sauce?
SavageLovesToRead
Full Member
IS II this morning!! complete 7/24
Congrats!! Has your portal status been updated as well?IS II this morning!! complete 7/24
SavageLovesToRead
Full Member
Thank you very much! Yes it hasCongrats!! Has your portal status been updated as well?
Thanks! Is your interview scheduled for January or February?Thank you very much! Yes it has
SavageLovesToRead
Full Member
No problem, it'll be in January. I saw a few options over the next 2 weeksThanks! Is your interview scheduled for January or February?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you receive an email? Was it updated in the portal?Pre-II R
Yes I got an e-mail and the e-mail also appears in the portalDid you receive an email? Was it updated in the portal?
Thanks! My portal hasn't been updated since mid August.Yes I got an e-mail and the e-mail also appears in the portal
This is the first e-mail I've received from them since I was marked as complete on 7/9, just double-checked my communication status section. Seems like the reviewer just got to my app and made a decision lolThanks! My portal hasn't been updated since mid August.