2023-2024 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 A, interviewed 9/13. Congrats to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my portal to find an II (OOS), but I have no record of getting any email. Has anyone else had this happen? No idea when I might’ve gotten it!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who interviewed speak to the vibe of the interview/difficulty of the questions
It was not an overly stressful experience and I enjoyed it. I would just make sure to know your app and be prepared to discuss different ethical scenarios for the group discussion.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II! LM 75, non-trad/career changer. Complete 7/20

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Should I reach out to admissions and let them know thats the reason I didnt respond to the ii earlier? Its been 6 days since its says it was sent??
I would reach out to them just to explain, you’ll need to submit some essays 5 business days before your interview so if your interview is sooner you’ll need to email them anyways.

OOS Pre-II R, complete 8/8. Well, one less thread to watch. All the best to those who still remain!

• Care
Does anyone know if Rochester accepts pre-interview updates? I couldn't find it on their website but wondering if anyone else has sent any.

Does anyone know if Rochester accepts pre-interview updates? I couldn't find it on their website but wondering if anyone else has sent any.
I sent one pretty early into the cycle and ended up getting an II.

Complete on 8/2, and it has been silence ever since

OOS A! Interviewed on 10/4

also, for anyone else interviewing - I felt like my performance during the group interview was atrocious, but I still got the A! Keep faith!!! Good luck to everyone!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS A! Interviewed on 10/4

also, for anyone else interviewing - I felt like my performance during the group interview was atrocious, but I still got the A! Keep faith!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
That group interview was interesting to say the least. It probably depends a lot on what group you get that day, but in mine there were about 10 people all lining up to try and say something. People were talking over each other (unintentionally). I and a couple others raised our hands in the Zoom meeting thinking people would take turns that way but everyone just kept going and ignored the people with their hands up lol. Eventually everyone got their thoughts out and we sorta figured out a group vibe but it was dicey for those first couple minutes.

Still came away with an overall very solid impression of Rochester though.

Congrats on the A!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Does Rochester accept update letters?
Yes! I uploaded one to the portal pre-II. I double checked the email they sent me when my application was complete to make sure they accept updates :)

Did anyone else get the lecture recordings from Rochester? Thought it was a post-II decision and my heart DROPPED.

Reactions: 2 users