2021-2022 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So! I didn't get an R or update letter on this past Monday as I saw a handful of people did (got my last update on December 2nd I believe)....is it safe to assume my app is being looked over rn then? The anticipation is killing me lol
I got my last update November 23! Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same! Not sure if I should keep up hope for an interview (been complete 7/22)
Same boat as all of you. No R, no update. I sent a continued interest letter over break which maybe kept me in the running.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same boat as all of you. No R, no update. I sent a continued interest letter over break which maybe kept me in the running.
I think they've sent two updates per person so far. If you submitted earlier, you should have gotten the second update earlier as well. My guess is those who just received the update letter probably submitted later and were getting the second update letter we already received. This same thing happened a few months earlier.

I got my last update November 23! Lol
I think they've sent two updates per person so far. If you submitted earlier, you should have gotten the second update earlier as well. My guess is those who just received the update letter probably submitted later and were getting the second update letter we already received. This same thing happened a few months earlier.
Didn’t some people get three updates? I was complete in July got one in December one in October

N=1 but I was complete early August and have received 3 of those “your application is still under consideration” emails.

To be honest, I wouldn’t think much into it if I were you. I’m sure that if your application status has changed, they would let you know ASAP. It poses no advantage to them to hold you in limbo lol

Reactions: 2 users
They said they would send out decisions for the 12/15 interview by today. Maybe I'm being neurotic because there are still a few more hours in the day left, but has anyone received anything? Lmk

They said they would send out decisions for the 12/15 interview by today. Maybe I'm being neurotic because there are still a few more hours in the day left, but has anyone received anything? Lmk
Same here. Nothing yet and spamming my email inbox for updates haha

Same here. Nothing yet and spamming my email inbox for updates haha
I've been refreshing my inbox and spam folder repeatedly today. Nothing yet for me either. haha, why do they do this to us?

AHHH Just got the A!! So happy! 5:21 EST

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just wanted to check, but is accepting the offer in the admissions portal binding? I don't think so but want to make sure.

Also, is there an accepted student FB group? TY!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted Friday. Hoping for some movement, but will be happy with the other schools I'm accepted at either way. Congrats to all accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
II just now. Complete early July. OOS ORM but very strong ties to Chicago. Was not expecting this! Anybody who has already interviewed willing to share some insight with me? Would be much appreciated! Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II today.

Complete early August.
how many update emails did you get?
II JUST NOW I AM FREAKING OUTTTT!!!!
II JUST NOW I AM FREAKING OUTTTT!!!!
how many update emails did you get?
II just now. Complete early July. OOS ORM but very strong ties to Chicago. Was not expecting this! Anybody who has already interviewed willing to share some insight with me? Would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Congratulations! Do you recall by any chance what dates they offered you?

Complete here 10/11 (late MCAT) and got an update e-mail in Nov and Jan. Absolutely love this school, hoping we hear something this week on more interviews...

If we haven't heard anything since completing our application over the summer, would it be okay to reach out and see if there are any updates?

If we haven't heard anything since completing our application over the summer, would it be okay to reach out and see if there are any updates?
I would say hold off on asking them for updates because quite frankly since this school has been sending out pre-II R waves’s throughout the cycle, if their ADCOM had an update for you then they’d def tell you by now. Instead, I would send them an update/Letter of interest to show that you are still thinking about them and maintain a consistent interest in their school

I would say hold off on asking them for updates because quite frankly since this school has been sending out pre-II R waves’s throughout the cycle, if their ADCOM had an update for you then they’d def tell you by now. Instead, I would send them an update/Letter of interest to show that you are still thinking about them and maintain a consistent interest in their school
This is really helpful, thank you.

I did this! I sent a Letter of Interest back in November or so and received an II recently! Not sure if any correlation tho..
Continued interest in an institution is a metric they consider! Why send an interview invite and/or acceptance to someone that would rather go elsewhere? It never hurts to show that you are very interested in an institution if it is genuine so I am sure that helped your case! Congratulations & best of luck with your interview!!!

should i keep up hope for an interview? I have been complete 7/22, ORM, MCAT 508, sgpa 3.6, cgpa 3.7, have decent community service hours; have ok amount of clinical hours beforehand but also currently doing a clinical americorps service year...gotten 2 update letters saying im being reviewed....this is my dream school and I have sent a letter of update and letter of interest but no response CURRENTLY GOING INSANE

Reactions: 6 users
should i keep up hope for an interview? I have been complete 7/22, ORM, MCAT 508, sgpa 3.6, cgpa 3.7, have decent community service hours; have ok amount of clinical hours beforehand but also currently doing a clinical americorps service year...gotten 2 update letters saying im being reviewed....this is my dream school and I have sent a letter of update and letter of interest but no response CURRENTLY GOING INSANE
+1 :////

+1 except I havent sent an update because im just working the same job but I realllllly want to go here I have 10 year experience as a CNA/ RN plz rushh. I also started volunteering at the animal shelter ICU which idk if they'd care about but Im debating sending something cause I really wanna go here

Continued interest in an institution is a metric they consider! Why send an interview invite and/or acceptance to someone that would rather go elsewhere? It never hurts to show that you are very interested in an institution if it is genuine so I am sure that helped your case! Congratulations & best of luck with your interview!!!
thank you this was really helpful! I uploaded an interest letter to the portal a few weeks ago. would you suggest also emailing the adcom with the letter as well or would that be a bit much. It's hard to tell sometimes where the line is between being too much and showing interest. Any help is appreciated!

thank you this was really helpful! I uploaded an interest letter to the portal a few weeks ago. would you suggest also emailing the adcom with the letter as well or would that be a bit much. It's hard to tell sometimes where the line is between being too much and showing interest. Any help is appreciated!
Not a problem whatsoever! I would say that emailing the admissions committee a copy of the letter that you already uploaded to the portal might come off as a little excessive so I would avoid doing that if at all possible. You can always call or email the admissions Office and ask them how many remaining slots they have for interviews during the remainder of this application cycle which will give you important information while showing interest without being redundant.

For those of you whose top (or a priority) school is Rush... what are your reasons why? Why Rush over all the other Chicago schools?

For those of you whose top (or a priority) school is Rush... what are your reasons why? Why Rush over all the other Chicago schools?
Personally, I am attracted to Rush's service-based mission, impactful research presence, welcoming & accepting culture, newer facilities, flipped-classroom instructional approach, location, and reputation among the community as well as other Chicago-based academic medical institutions. Basically, the well-roundedness of Rush is what sold me!

Also, @ RMC adcoms that may be viewing this: pls interview me :,-)

Reactions: 6 users
ahhh congrats! mind sharing stats and completed date?
Complete on 9/5/21.

My GPA is trash, so I would rather not share that lol I will say that I have a super solid upward trend that I like to describe as a step rather than a trend. I went from a sub 3.0 my first 2 years of college and finished with a ~3.8 my last 2 years of college (took me 6 years to graduate), but my overall GPA is still pretty low. I also went to grad school with a 3.9 GPA.

MCAT was above a 510.

Some things that I think helped my app stand out are my story, my work as an HIV health educator, and multiple publications. Please let me know if you have any more questions and I would be happy to answer them. Sorry for being so vague. If you want more specific details, feel free to DM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Complete on 9/5/21.

My GPA is trash, so I would rather not share that lol I will say that I have a super solid upward trend that I like to describe as a step rather than a trend. I went from a sub 3.0 my first 2 years of college and finished with a ~3.8 my last 2 years of college (took me 6 years to graduate), but my overall GPA is still pretty low. I also went to grad school with a 3.9 GPA.

MCAT was above a 510.

Some things that I think helped my app stand out are my story, my work as an HIV health educator, and multiple publications. Please let me know if you have any more questions and I would be happy to answer them. Sorry for being so vague. If you want more specific details, feel free to DM me.
I love your story & growth! Congrats on coming so far and good luck with your interview! Rooting for you!!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to everyone tomorrow who interviewed 1/12!! Rooting for us!

Is all hope for an II lost at this point?

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Got waitlisted. Does rush reject people post-II or do they only accept and waitlist? Just trying to gauge my chances of getting in

Got waitlisted. Does rush reject people post-II or do they only accept and waitlist? Just trying to gauge my chances of getting in
If you got on the priority waitlist you will prob get in. The normal waitlist was not used last year or the year before even though they said it would. They overaccepted the last 2 years. It could be different this year since prior to COVID they routinely used their waitlist, but just send letters of intent saying that if they accept you you will come.

If you got on the priority waitlist you will prob get in. The normal waitlist was not used last year or the year before even though they said it would. They overaccepted the last 2 years. It could be different this year since prior to COVID they routinely used their waitlist, but just send letters of intent saying that if they accept you you will come.
My letter didn't mention "priority waitlist"- would they have explicitly stated that in the email? Meaning, should I assume I'm not on priority waitlist?

Already sent a LOI hahah, now it's just a waiting game :/