2021-2022 South Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it frowned upon to send a waitlist update letter, or should we just wait it all out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it frowned upon to send a waitlist update letter, or should we just wait it all out?

The admissions people are very nice so I doubt it would negatively effect your application. But I think the waitlist is ranked, so I'm not sure how much good it could do.

Does anyone know when waitlisted students start to hear back?

Reactions: 1 user
That's pretty nerve-racking omg

Here is the current list based on above comments. Feel free to update if you have/receive an acceptance, withdrew your acceptance, or are on the waitlist! Thank you and good luck everyone!

Accepted to USA COM:
JalenHurtz
thedude6512
neuroticnontrad
globalatworst
rchane25

Waitlist:
Giomani22
ma26
RabbitZOD

Withdrew Acceptance:

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my A after lots of debate - excited for whoever gets some good news soon! :1geek:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe today is when all of the students narrow down to one school so that is when waitlist movements from schools should all start moving, if i am correct.

Did anyone decline their acceptance? It seems that the Facebook group size has stayed pretty constant. Or anyone been accepted off the waitlist?

There's a facebook group for med school entering class of 2022?

Welp, if its not moving all that much looks like i dont get in anywhere this year :(

I am on the waitlist. Anyone else on the waitlist hear anything yet? I was hoping we’d hear this week.

I am on the waitlist. Anyone else on the waitlist hear anything yet? I was hoping we’d hear this week.
Haven't heard anything either, are the number of waitlist acceptances constant over the years, isnt this cycle a more competitive cycle?

Haven't heard anything either, are the number of waitlist acceptances constant over the years, isnt this cycle a more competitive cycle?
I have no idea. The waitlist is usually about 40 people, and they tend to take about 30 of those. 2 years ago, my friends who were on the waitlist with USA found out they got in on May 1st. But I don’t know anyone on the waitlist this year who has heard anything yet. I’m guessing they’re just being slow?

Do you know how many acceptances and matriculants they had for last tear and the year before?

An acquaintance of mine from class was also on the waitlist. Apparently she got an email with acceptance last week on 5/3/22. She’s the only person I know on the waitlist that has heard anything.

An acquaintance of mine from class was also on the waitlist. Apparently she got an email with acceptance last week on 5/3/22. She’s the only person I know on the waitlist that has heard anything.
I haven’t heard of anyone else coming off the waitlist either; however, the only people I know on the waitlist are fellow SDN commenters.

Has anyone talking to admissions recently? I wonder if there will be any more waitlist movement.

Has anyone talking to admissions recently? I wonder if there will be any more waitlist movement.
I got accepted off the waitlist 2 days ago and I also know of someone that recently got off it as well.

I got accepted off the waitlist 2 days ago and I also know of someone that recently got off it as well.
Thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it. The waiting really is getting to me.

The Facebook group has 94 members now…. Should I be worried? 😰
My friend is in the groupme and said that there is only ~50 people in there, which is including a few upperclassmen. There's still hope I'm sure

My friend is in the groupme and said that there is only ~50 people in there, which is including a few upperclassmen. There's still hope I'm sure
Fingers crossed, but im sure also that groupme is less popular of a social app :(

Does anyone who got in currently know the class size?

Are any of y’all preparing for a reapp currently?