2022-2023 South Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you email them and that’s what they said about the Holds? it’s nice to know that they acknowledge that is hold folks still exist LOL
Sorry I missed this, but yes.

Any idea for when HOLD people will hear a final word? (A, WL, or R)
@HappyNewYear2.0 I believe this below is the extent of the available information to answer your question
Can confirm they said they wouldn't touch hold files again until after all interviews are done.

Edit: They had said 3/1 was last interview, but was subject to change.
I submitted a letter of intent last week as the last thing I think I can do to help myself. Confirmed (on 2/16) last interviews are still scheduled for 3/1 at this time and "The hold list is still being looked at. A waitlist will be created sometime in early April."
April 2023
  • Applicants who have not been accepted will be placed on the wait list or rejected.
I feel like there will possible be a handful of acceptances in the next couple of weeks and then early April: WL & Rejects. According to MSAR below it looks like there's a decent chance of getting in off the waitlist so if you (we) end up there, it could still work out.
1678473231296.png

So, back to waiting :( Good luck to everyone still hoping.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
According to the Admissions Office, all on HOLD will have an update by the end of the month - waitlist or rejected. Accepted was not mentioned...sounds like the class is full at this point, but admit is still possible (if you are waitlisted) based on whether or not currently accepted students actually say 'yes' to South.

Trying to get a better understanding of their process. So is the class not full yet? Also, if we’re waitlisted, we have a high chance of being accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Trying to get a better understanding of their process. So is the class not full yet? Also, if we’re waitlisted, we have a high chance of being accepted?
The person with whom I spoke did not specifically state the class was full, but it was implied. She further explained that those on hold will either be told they are R or WL and that WL could be A based on how many spots open because other A's choose other schools. It is all very frustrating...

Do we know if waitlist decisions all come out on a certain day or are they giving out WL decisions gradually?

Do we know if waitlist decisions all come out on a certain day or are they giving out WL decisions gradually?
If you look at last years' feed, everyone found out R or WL on Mar 30th or 31st - probably be the same for us- AND I did not see any A's in last year's feed during that period. A handful of WLs received As in April and May.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd guess the As will follow the dates for narrowing acceptances on 4/17 & 5/1. I was originally told WL would be made early April, but looks like they might be a bit earlier than that.

neurotic pre-meds unite! I hope we all become classmates this Aug :')

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, everyone, I could not stand the "tick-tock" waiting anymore...I've sent an email asking for a status update. I'll post the response.

Reactions: 5 users
Okay "On Hold" Cohort.....the committee met today and we should hear something in the next few days. Fingers crossed for each of us...

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if there’s been any waitlist movement? Just wondering what the timeline should be or how long to keep hopes up LOL

Anyone know if there’s been any waitlist movement? Just wondering what the timeline should be or how long to keep hopes up LOL
Probably no word until / 2nd week of May. April 30th is the date when accepted pre meds have to choose "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll." "Commit to enroll" means student made a decision and will give up other accepted spots - this is what we waitlisted group are hoping for at South. Some folks found out late May, early June.

Probably no word until / 2nd week of May. April 30th is the date when accepted pre meds have to choose "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll." "Commit to enroll" means student made a decision and will give up other accepted spots - this is what we waitlisted group are hoping for at South. Some folks found out late May, early June.
Thank you so much for this info! I head about the commit to enroll thing but didn’t really know what that meant for waitlisted people. Hopefully we will get in together!!

I got a call from a Mobile phone number today, and I jumped out of my chair to answer it... as soon as I answered, the person hung up... I think it was a spam caller :') my propranolol isn't working anymore HAHAHA why

Do any of y’all know if letters of intent are accepted at South or if they help at all lol

Do any of y’all know if letters of intent are accepted at South or if they help at all lol
I sent a letter of intent yesterday and received an acceptance off the waitlist this afternoon (5/2)! Maybe it was a coincidence but I'd definitely say it's worth a shot. Best of luck to you!

I sent a letter of intent yesterday and received an acceptance off the waitlist this afternoon (5/2)! Maybe it was a coincidence but I'd definitely say it's worth a shot. Best of luck to you!
Wow - congratulations. When did you interview / go on hold? I also sent a letter of update - hoping for a positive outcome.

Congratulations!!!! Hoping we see you there!!

Wow - congratulations. When did you interview / go on hold? I also sent a letter of update - hoping for a positive outcome.
Thank you, I’m really hoping for a positive outcome for all of you! Interviewed 2/15, put on hold 3/3, waitlisted 4/4

Congratulations again to you - the rest of us need to continue to stay positive despite angst over lease renewals, employment prospects, reapp process...
:oops:

Accepted today - I am pulling for the rest of you with all my extra energy and I hope to see you at South!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh my goodness CONGRATS!!! Hoping to see you there!!
Hi, Lauren - Hope to see you there as well! FYI - this is my 2nd application period, so hang in there if you don't get the news you are hoping for - I know how stressful this process is and how important continued encouragement is for the wait.

Reactions: 1 users