2022-2023 Alabama

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I have heard and past experience if you haven’t recieved an A yet you will either be waitlisted or rejected. I know they have a very small WL because most people once accepted do not give up their seat. I was told the WL might move 10 people max, but I dont know exactly how many are on it.
MSAR says "# of waitlist offers over the last 3 years: 2019 = 10; 2020 = 31; 2021 = 18", typical number of waitlist positions per cycle ~100, Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 20
 
MSAR says "# of waitlist offers over the last 3 years: 2019 = 10; 2020 = 31; 2021 = 18", typical number of waitlist positions per cycle ~100, Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 20

I should have clarified, WL offers that accept the seat. They can offer to someone on the WL, but that doesn’t mean they accept the seat. I have been told this by someone who was a student, so numbers could be slightly off. I believe its only fair for everyone to have the same information.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you mind sharing if you are IS/OOS and when you interviewed?
IS and interviewed Feb 9th. I actually do think my LOI and updates helped but who knows for sure.

Since I see people asking about stats above:
510 MCAT and 2.9 uGPA (strong upward trend) with a 4.0 sGPA in my grad degree in hard sciences. I like to think my research experience and community service made up for my early uGPA.