2022-2023 Alabama

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the vital signs email with information about tours and a second look weekend.. but still haven’t heard if I’m accepted or rejected. Interviewed in October. Anyone else?
 
Should we go ahead and complete the campus preference option even if we have not yet been accepted or rejected but are post-interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
woke up this morning to a nice Rejection email 🥲 In-State, Complete 7/13, LM 65.1…not really sure what they didn’t like on my app but hopefully their feedback opportunity later in November will be helpful. Good luck to the rest of y’all!!
I'm an alum and grandparent did Med School here and I've been rejected twice. First-year with an interview and this year no interview. The feedback from a secretary (not anyone on the admissions board) was absolutely worthless - "emphasize the patient-doctor relationship more." 508 on MCAT, a publication in a research journal, 2+ years of wet and dry research, 1000+ hours of shadowing, tons of volunteer work with Hispanic community and a 3.78 gpa. Hope your feedback is better than mine.
 
I got the vital signs email with information about tours and a second look weekend.. but still haven’t heard if I’m accepted or rejected. Interviewed in October. Anyone else?
interviewed in september, haven't heard back yet, and also got the vital signs email. it was such a tease fkjshdfskj. i filled out the campus preference form on the portal just in case, let's see what happens thur/fri with the adcom meeting!
 
Twitter just now
 

Attachments

  • A214B629-5B97-4FD8-91F4-1CD6510EABE8.jpeg
    A214B629-5B97-4FD8-91F4-1CD6510EABE8.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 255
How did they not fully get through the only interview day they had in December!?!? Maybe a lot of people on hold will hear!!
My guess is that they probably re-review the people that they have yet to make a decision on. For example, I interviewed in October! I guess they still haven’t decided on me lol.
 
My guess is that they probably re-review the people that they have yet to make a decision on. For example, I interviewed in October! I guess they still haven’t decided on me lol.

I hope that is the case! That is what I meant by people on hold! Fingers crossed!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the call yesterday and was told I would get the email today but I haven’t gotten it yet. Has anyone gotten their acceptance email today?
 
Idk, but in my experience they taking more time with several things, maybe they are short staffed. If you don’t hear anything by noon on Monday I would email them