2021-2022 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
hi everyone! first time applicant here. submitted & verified AACOMAS app on 8/3, paid my secondary (8/5) and received the application complete email today (8/6). Just wanted to see if anyone could offer any insight to how long the review process takes? super nervous about getting a pre-II R and so a wee bit antsy. thanks!! :) best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!!
Last year they did not really reject people till mid-march/ when class was filled so no point in worrying about it this early on :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to dress formally for the information session tomorrow about "how to virtual interview"
They just emailed saying we don't need to dress a specific way! ☺️

For people who attended the info session, did they say when they will send out II?

For people who attended the info session, did they say when they will send out II?
They said that they typically start interviewing mid September and send out invites about 3 weeks before the actual interview. So they're probably really close to sending out II's

Reactions: 3 users
For the question asking about how many osteopathic vs allopathic schools I have applied to, can I put how many primaries I have sent out for each?
(or should I go by how many secondaries?)(I'm confused as I am still waiting on receiving a couple of secondaries + I have decided to not fill out secondaries for some)

For the question asking about how many osteopathic vs allopathic schools I have applied to, can I put how many primaries I have sent out for each?
(or should I go by how many secondaries?)(I'm confused as I am still waiting on receiving a couple of secondaries + I have decided to not fill out secondaries for some)
I read the question as primaries, but I'm assuming whatever number you use, you should be able to explain why you applied to the number you did of both.

I read the question as primaries, but I'm assuming whatever number you use, you should be able to explain why you applied to the number you did of both.
They don’t need to why you applied to X MDs and Y DOs.

For the question "How do you see yourself professionally in 10 years", is it asking to be general like what are your ambitions as a physician or more specific like what specialty, rural/urban, and state you want to live in?

For the question "How do you see yourself professionally in 10 years", is it asking to be general like what are your ambitions as a physician or more specific like what specialty, rural/urban, and state you want to live in?
I think it's like how do you see yourself professionally in 10 years, lol. Don't overthink it.

Members don't see this ad :)
II received! International/OOS, complete 7/16

Reactions: 4 users
any august complete dates heard back?

Probably silent pre II waitlisted for those who haven’t heard back:)

Yes thank you! I'm assuming its probably a one-on-one virtual interview
It's 3 admissions people to you and it supposedly lasts a long time because they send you to a break out room with students to chat with them.

Last edited:
For people who got interview invites that are OOS, are you still New England area? Complete 7/16 with New England ties but not from there and no II yet

For people who got interview invites that are OOS, are you still New England area? Complete 7/16 with New England ties but not from there and no II yet
I got an II and I’m in CA with no New England ties. On their virtual interview webinar they said interviews could go out as late as March. Hang in there!

I paid my secondary fee on 8/4 and received a payment received notification right after. Yesterday I received another email stating that my fee had not yet been paid and as soon as I emailed admissions with screenshots regarding receipt of my payment they sent me another email stating that my application was now complete -____-

II today, complete 7/7, New Englander.
Everyone here is still early, we don't know how they processing the apps - you got this!

Reactions: 6 users
Not me thinking I got an II and it was just the email about the virtual conversations with students :rolleyes:

Reactions: 14 users
Has anyone received an II that completed on or near July 17?

I am still waiting...:cryi: Is there anyone waiting that completed near my completion date?