2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TODAY IS THE DAY. Hit me with some manifest magic!!! Let's gooooooooooooooo guys and gals!

Reactions: 6 users
This might have already been answered, but can schools that someone is waitlisted at see if that someone has other acceptances? I am waitlisted at 2 schools with no acceptances. Do both schools know that I am not accepted anywhere? Can they see that I am even waitlisted elsewhere?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This might have already been answered, but can schools that someone is waitlisted at see if that someone has other acceptances? I am waitlisted at 2 schools with no acceptances. Do both schools know that I am not accepted anywhere? Can they see that I am even waitlisted elsewhere?
They can see if you have PTE’d to another school, but won’t be able to know which school. They’ll know you’re not accepted anywhere but won’t see if you’re waitlisted elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
This is my second year of WL Purgatory, currently sitting on 2 WL's.

Hold on tight gang, it's not over till it's over.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Currently sitting on 3 WLs, and movement at my top choice just started today. Feeling pretty bummed that I’m still waiting… definitely resonate with other people, like I’m a bottom tier pick out of the waitlist pool. If they didn’t want me why do they have to keep leading me on :((((

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I got off the waitlist at one of my top choices!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 29 users
just wanted to let everyone know that one of my wl schools sent an email to remind people to withdraw their acceptances since it is after may 2nd which makes me think there will be additional movement!

• Love
just wanted to let everyone know that one of my wl schools sent an email to remind people to withdraw their acceptances since it is after may 2nd which makes me think there will be additional movement!
What school?

It def makes sense... you can technically be on multiple schools if the schools do no have a PTE deadline. Not the most ethical thing, but definitely possible.

You are only really "required" to choose on PTE if they have a deadline tbh

Members don't see this ad :)
I think most DO movement will take place after May 15th as well, that's when schools can see if you're holding multiple acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the R at one of my waitlists :(

Down to 3 now, really hoping "Interviews three, a doctor you'll be" comes true lol

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
After 9 months of waiting, I got the A off the WL at my dream program earlier today! Don’t lose hope!!!
Congratz! I recognize you on here because I'm on the same boat as you before. Good to see that you got off the top choice WL!

Manifesting an A from one of the 3 waitlists that I’m on.. if I keep saying it, it will happen. Right?

Reactions: 7 users
Oh no!! Which school?
Einstein. I wasn't expecting it to play out anyway because I was on their regular WL not their HPWL, but it still sucks since it was my first choice and I sent a LOI there lol. Now I'm wondering if I should send a LOI to one of the three schools that are left, but I already sent them continued interest letters 1-2 weeks ago, so I don't think it's a good move.

Thank you to everyone posting and helping me not feel so alone in this 💙

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
4A1C055D-3ADC-4707-8571-742496AD412B.jpeg

Need 8 more spots to move on the list. Nothing all weekend or today or yesterday. Just silently screaming all day at work😭😭

EDIT: moved up to 7! Maybe memes are the key

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Is it too early to ask med schools I’m waitlisted at for feedback on my application? I’m just getting discouraged and feeling like i need to focus on reapplication. Also, would sending a second letter of interest to my top choice do anything to help right now?

Is it too early to ask med schools I’m waitlisted at for feedback on my application? I’m just getting discouraged and feeling like i need to focus on reapplication. Also, would sending a second letter of interest to my top choice do anything to help right now?
I do not think it is too early to start asking for feedback. I think they will respect it and I think it shows you are committed to growing as an applicant. That being said, I would also stress to them in the email/phone call that it is only prospective advice because of how much you value their school and hope to come off of their waitlist.

I know it's only Tuesday but the 4 schools I'm waitlisted to are still incredibly silent... only like 2-5 people have reported getting off the WL for a couple of the schools when in previous years there was way more movement by now :( not sure if anyone else is experiencing this with their schools this year?? Starting to lose hope but trying to keep the faith! Im gonna go ahead and manifest again for an A from at least one of my schools this week or next week 😩

• Care
Reactions: 19 users
Im hopping on here again to manifest an A to my dream school! I’m trying so hard not to be too anxious and not to lose hope. I’m manifesting that I will get off the WL while I’m on vacation the next few weeks! Fingers crossed for way more WL movement than in the past few weeks!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I got my first post-WL decision....It was a rejection. :(

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users
"I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to be completely hopeless." - George Costanza, Seinfeld

"I'm declaring this, the summer of George!" - George Costanza, Seinfeld

Hope may be killing us, but I'm still declaring this our week for A's.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
A MANIFEST a day… an ACCEPTANCE shall be on its way!! Amen. 🙏🏼

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Manifest Wednesdays. Someone from my WL school got an A yesterday and was also OOS... I am choosing to see this as a positive sign: there is movement and I may be next

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: 9 users
The thread for my top school has been silent but I'm scared the WL movement has already started/filled up

I've been procrastinating starting my reapp because of them but it's getting to the point where i know I'm delaying my submission time and need to get a move on

Three Waitlists, and the school I thought I had the best chance at I got rejected. The other two schools as of now do not seem to be interested. While I am hella sad, the rejection has pushed me to take a reapplication a lot more seriously, so I need to shift gears soon.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Three Waitlists, and the school I thought I had the best chance at I got rejected. The other two schools as of now do not seem to be interested. While I am hella sad, the rejection has pushed me to take a reapplication a lot more seriously, so I need to shift gears soon.
Which school is sending rejections from the waitlist?

Manifesting extra hard today. Please please let me get a call today 😭🙏🏼🙏🏼

So much WL movement at one of my schools, yet still without a call. Starting to think I might be dead last on their WL, but still manifesting a call if not today, then maybe tomorrow, maybe during the summer!?!

Just got the A at my top choice. Keep the faith guys. I can’t believe it!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 30 users
Are we supposed to be notified by call or email if we get off a WL? I’m just checking my email 100x a day and the schools application portal

Is it too late in the day to still be hoping for a call!? Manifesting hard over here 😂

Idk how yall are already seeing WL movement. In years past, both of the schools I'm WL'd at don't see movement till Mid-Late May/June...I'm jealous!

Can someone explain to me why waitlist movement occurs so late into May and June? Like after everyone plans to enroll shouldn’t medical schools pretty much know how many spots they can fill from waitlists?

Can someone explain to me why waitlist movement occurs so late into May and June? Like after everyone plans to enroll shouldn’t medical schools pretty much know how many spots they can fill from waitlists?
As you know, it has begun, in earnest.

Why it continues into late May and June is because some schools are slow, and because a lot of people are moving from one school to another, which creates a new vacancy, which then has to be filled. People typically receive at least a week to make a decision, and this can be extended if they are negotiating aid.

Once a decision is made, assuming the person had to drop an A, new offers go out and the cycle repeats. Each wave can take from a few days to well over a week to play out. THIS is why WL movement continues into June.

I think May 2nd PTE has mostly been accounted for with two schools removed from consideration. Now we have students waiting on WL for 1st choice. Those that have been offered WL positions have a week for consideration. This all slows down traffic quite a bit.

I think May 2nd PTE has mostly been accounted for with two schools removed from consideration. Now we have students waiting on WL for 1st choice. Those that have been offered WL positions have a week for consideration. This all slows down traffic quite a bit.
Ah so now schools are essentially waiting to see how many students plan to enroll at their school out of those who they’ve offered from the waitlist?