2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If that isn’t the truth… Go Braves!

They are sub 500 team 😩 I feel for you too 🙏

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I really hope you get it. You are already suffering so much as a Nationals fan...😉
I'll take all the hits I'll get.. if that means my WL schools pull through 😌😌😌😌

No shame in the game 😂

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Go Angels! Trout and Ohtani for the win. :’)

lmao in 1919 the cheaters won, in 2019 the cheaters were defeated tho

Reactions: 2 users
With the way the Sox are playing this year, I'm really hoping my WLs pull through. Morale is low!

Note: Grateful for an A already, but still hoping for one of my WL schools. GL everyone!

Is anyone else feeling like straight trash? I don't know how much longer I can cope. I've been staying off SDN and Reddit for the most part, but I'm constantly thinking about not getting in.

• Care
Reactions: 26 users
Is anyone else feeling like straight trash? I don't know how much longer I can cope. I've been staying off SDN and Reddit for the most part, but I'm constantly thinking about not getting in.
I feel this. Trying to keep myself distracted but it’s so hard :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I feel you. Have been drinking half a bottle of wine every day since 5/2.
Dude even the wine isn't working for me. I think the hardest thing for me is that there is literally nothing I can do. My fate is up to chance.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dude even the wine isn't working for me. I think the hardest thing for me is that there is literally nothing I can do. My fate is up to chance.
I totally feel you 100%. we are on the same boat. I will pray for you too mate.

• Care
This. The feeling of powerlessness really hurts. My entire life is on hold right now it sucks :(

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Anyone know what weeks are considered peak for WL movement?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys :) lemme tell you a quick story- I was EXACTLY where you were one year ago. I had 4 WL's, no A's and to boot I was laid off from my job. DO NOT OBSESS OVER SDN. It isnt going to make you feel better. You have to reclaim a sense of purpose- whatever it may be. Prep a reapp hard. Try to learn something new. KEEP ACTIVE. I feel into the worst pit i had ever been in, and not that it was preventable but I did so much to make my situation worse. deep breaths. worst case you reapply. it'll all be ok.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hi guys :) lemme tell you a quick story- I was EXACTLY where you were one year ago. I had 4 WL's, no A's and to boot I was laid off from my job. DO NOT OBSESS OVER SDN. It isnt going to make you feel better. You have to reclaim a sense of purpose- whatever it may be. Prep a reapp hard. Try to learn something new. KEEP ACTIVE. I feel into the worst pit i had ever been in, and not that it was preventable but I did so much to make my situation worse. deep breaths. worst case you reapply. it'll all be ok.
But did you get off?

• Haha
Did you end up getting in?

Manifestation Monday Y'all. This is gonna be a great week for us all and we WILL see movement and be accepted soon :) !!! I am hoping for the best for us ALL.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Joining the manifestation train!!! Sending good energy and good vibes for WL movements this week!!!

It seems that some schools didn't understand the question. For example, it defies credulity that Wayne State took 300 folks off the waitlist.
Since most of the schools that gave plausible answers gave round numbers, those schools may have given a reasonable estimates.
That said, these are not data generated by an objective third party (like AMCAS), so they can be unreliable (except for all the ones that said "variable!").

It seems that some schools didn't understand the question. For example, it defies credulity that Wayne State took 300 folks off the waitlist.
Since most of the schools that gave plausible answers gave round numbers, those schools may have given a reasonable estimates.
That said, these are not data generated by an objective third party (like AMCAS), so they can be unreliable (except for all the ones that said "variable!").
What are your thoughts on Baylor's 500-550 and 15 being accepted? Does that seem reasonable considering Baylor is such a good school so nobody is going to deny their initial offer, thereby leaning out waitlist movement significantly?

What are your thoughts on Baylor's 500-550 and 15 being accepted? Does that seem reasonable considering Baylor is such a good school so nobody is going to deny their initial offer, thereby leaning out waitlist movement significantly?
They interviewed 852 for a class of 185.
It's certainly possible that 500+ of them could have been waitlisted and 15 accepted off that list

Isn't that kind of wait-list purgatory abuse? 😩😩

Yall aren't going to believe this, but I just got accepted off one of my WL. YOUR TIME IS COMING, STAY STRONG.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users
Manifesting again 🤞🤞🤞 Sent out some more letters recently

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
thoughts and prayers folks happy manifest Monday

#manifestmonday 🙏 must keep manifesting and keep positive vibes 🙏

Manifesting my A this week!!!! Just about the last card I have to play, hang in there all!!!

• Care
Yall aren't going to believe this, but I just got accepted off one of my WL. YOUR TIME IS COMING, STAY STRONG.
Manifesting this outcome... WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO ME AHHHHHH :(

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
ngl I feel like crap when im not part of WL movement... not sure when to give up hope + just be happy with where im in..

Reactions: 7 users
it says VCU puts 100 on wL and pulls of 75, when in reality they put over 250 people on it the last few years lol

• Haha
  • Wow
My WL school just offered more interviews. As if they don’t have a whole WL to pull from this is my 13th reason

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users
ngl I feel like crap when im not part of WL movement... not sure when to give up hope + just be happy with where im in..
It’s like the curse of having options. I hate seeing my top choices taking people off the waitlist. I guess it’s time to come to terms with where I am accepted and be grateful for my options.

• Care
It’s like the curse of having options. I hate seeing my top choices taking people off the waitlist. I guess it’s time to come to terms with where I am accepted and be grateful for my options.
I wonder if this means more WL movement or less?

I wonder if this means more WL movement or less?
I will say, I searched through the thread in Minnesota for last year cycle, and so far I see more waitlist movement this year

• Wow
Why have the WL gods forsaken me 😢!!! What have I done to deserve this?!?!?

Reactions: 7 users
After 9 months of waiting, I got the A off the WL at my dream program earlier today! Don’t lose hope!!!

• Love
Reactions: 46 users
To those who have gotten off waitlists:
Congratulations! Shameless plug: please consider volunteering to be a personal statement reader for this coming cycle's applicants. Every personal statement matters, even if you can only volunteer for one day (it'll also help keep the personal statement reader thread on top of the front page)! Thank you for considering.

To those who are still waiting:
Chin up, your time will come. Figure out where things may have gone wrong and address them prior to reapplying. It may take you more than one attempt to get in, but you will be a doctor all the same in the end. Please remember that acceptances/rejections are not reflections of your worth and potential. There are unfortunately too many qualified applicants for the number of seats available. With any reapplication, you will have at least one additional year of experiences and wisdom. Best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
After almost losing all hope yesterday, I finally got off a WL last night! SO excited! Hoping things work out for you all!

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Monday was slow, I really think some of you quality people will get some calls today :claps:

• Love
#thirstytuesday SEND ME AN ACCEPTANCE ADCOMS! i am desperate for my top choice >.<

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
After 9 months of waiting, I got the A off the WL at my dream program earlier today! Don’t lose hope!!!
Congrats my dude, seen you throughout the cycle. Glad you got into your dream school!

• Love