2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't give up hope, guys! Went to a meeting yesterday regarding my school's WL and she said they're anticipating making more calls and that it's still early! And it's a pretty small school too. I can imagine for larger schools, there will still be plenty of movement. Albeit the school's CTE is pretty late, it's still possible as more ppl drop each day.
God I hope this is true for my schools too. I wish they could just communicate with us..

Also its so quiet today. Must manifest... 🥺

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
It's our time to shine! A this week fo sho!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know around what date waitlist movement stops? Yes I know it can go until august but when do the more substantial movements stop? The school I’m WL at is known for letting a lot of people off the WL. Thanks for any insight

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Praying something good comes my way for once

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know around what date waitlist movement stops? Yes I know it can go until august but when do the more substantial movements stop? The school I’m WL at is known for letting a lot of people off the WL. Thanks for any insight
Take this with a giant grain of salt, but when I talked with admissions at a particular school, they mentioned that they typically do not fully clear the waitlist until the beginning of July, but this may vary by school.

Reactions: 1 user
Take this with a giant grain of salt, but when I talked with admissions at a particular school, they mentioned that they typically do not fully clear the waitlist until the beginning of July, but this may vary by school.
How does it go so long? Is it because many schools have late CTE dates?

Today is the day to get that A brothers and sisters 🙏🏽

Reactions: 6 users
I really hope I get some news today 🥲 manifest wednesday

Reactions: 3 users
I really hope I get some news today 🥲 manifest wednesday
SAME!! When you go on your school page that you’re really wanting for an A from and see other posting they got an A this week from them 🥲

• Sad
What does it mean to "fully clear the waitlist"? To my understanding, schools don't take everybody off the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
What does it mean to "fully clear the waitlist"? To my understanding, schools don't take everybody off the WL.
"Fully clear" the WL likely means locking down the class and releasing people remaining on the WL at that time. It typically happens around when classes begin, although some schools might do it a bit earlier, when they have commitments from everyone.

When all classes are filled. We are at the peak of movement right now.

Things will start to slow down in the next week or so, but will continue into June and even July. This might or might not apply to your particular school, depending on how many seats it has to fill and what its yield is. All you can do at this point is be patient and assume you don't have it until you receive the call. Good luck!!

When all classes are filled. We are at the peak of movement right now.

Things will start to slow down in the next week or so, but will continue into June and even July. This might or might not apply to your particular school, depending on how many seats it has to fill and what its yield is. All you can do at this point is be patient and assume you don't have it until you receive the call. Good luck!!
Why is the peak movement right now?

So I'm on a ranked waitlist (I'm towards the middle of the list I think, my initial number was in 20s). The school says in recent years they've taken any where from 0 up to #50. Typically going further on the OOS list than IS list. Apparently someone on the IS list has already been accepted around my rank but not too sure about the OOS one. There was a lot of movement in the fb group in the first week of May but it's been dead for a whole week now.

I'm curious how it's possible for the school to go that deep into the WL if things are slowed down. Will there be movement after the CTE deadline in June?

So I'm on a ranked waitlist (I'm towards the middle of the list I think, my initial number was in 20s). The school says in recent years they've taken any where from 0 up to #50. Typically going further on the OOS list than IS list. Apparently someone on the IS list has already been accepted around my rank but not too sure about the OOS one. There was a lot of movement in the fb group in the first week of May but it's been dead for a whole week now.

I'm curious how it's possible for the school to go that deep into the WL if things are slowed down. Will there be movement after the CTE deadline in June?
My guess (and not a very educated one :) hahah) is there will be some form of WL movement at any school after the CTE deadline. Generally, it actually costs med schools greater than the price of tuition to train a medical student. No med school can risk over-filling the number of spots in its class and this is why the WL movement process can be so slow and painful. Also, anyone accepted off a WL that was at least holding one A most likely doesn't have a financial aid package to compare offers.

In short, WL movement will likely still continue, but it should be at a much less rate compared to earlier in the month. Good Luck, I hope you get into a school you like! I'm sending positive vibes to everyone on this thread!

• Care
Why is the peak movement right now?
Because it begins in earnest right after 5/1, and then proceeds in waves until all seats are filled. The biggest movement is the first few weeks after 5/1. In other words, right now.

It won't just stop, but it will start to slow down as seats are filled and subsequent waves involve fewer and fewer calls.

How does it go so long? Is it because many schools have late CTE dates?
I was told most schools either accept, assign a ranked alternate list number, or reject by this point in time. Again, that was just one admissions office I spoke with, so take that with a grain of salt.

Fully clear is when all people who were on the list get a decision. This can either be acceptance, ranked alternate assignment, or rejection. This was only one school I spoke with, so it may vary.

Today is my BDAY, and it would be the best gift to get off the WL from an IS school. 🤞🏽

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
Fully clear is when all people who were on the list get a decision. This can either be acceptance, ranked alternate assignment, or rejection. This was only one school I spoke with, so it may vary.
Very few schools have a ranked waitlist.

End of work day today.. Felt disappointed today 😔

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
So… my email is drier than a desert. Why is the manifesting not working😩😩😩

• Sad
  • Care
Same... I was just wondering if my email is still working
My email only works for LinkedIn and Blueprint MCAT and schools that rejected me asking if I want to go to their master’s program

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Anyone starting to rent out apartments and finding roommates for the school where you’ve paid a deposit while waiting on your waitlist?
Of course people are, but it really is a very individual decision. People can and do get called off WLs at the last minute and move across the country on literally a moment's notice, so anything is possible. That said, as you might imagine, it's a HUGE PITA, and, if you wait until the last minute to see if you will have WL movement at your preferred destination, you will have very limited choices in roommates, locations, etc.

Risk/reward. How many WLs are you waiting for? Do you have any visibility into what movement looks like at the school, or your relative chances of receiving a call? Is money a factor? How much more do you want the other school(s)?

The answers to these question are very different for all of us. Some people have already withdrawn from all WLs and committed, even though they weren't required to. Others will wait until the very last minute. Still others will make arrangements and be willing to lose money and burn roommates if things change. And still others have nothing and are desperately hoping to receive a call to avoid a reapplication.

TL;DR -- Yes, people are starting to make living arrangements while waiting to hear from WL schools. That doesn't mean you have to.

Last edited:
WL movement my ass, I just got my 2nd R off a supposed priority WL. My application sucks.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
These priority waitlists are looking like soft R's at this point. Regular waitlist hard R.

My email is drier than these tinder girls :( ploxxx I need an A from my 2 WL!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
praying/manifesting for an acceptance today! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Praying something comes along my wayyyyy

Anyone starting to rent out apartments and finding roommates for the school where you’ve paid a deposit while waiting on your waitlist?
I've started looking and found that a lot of the nicer places are already full... might be signing a lease early next week. At this point my chances are so small it'd be like winning a lottery (all classes full from what I saw on SDN) so I'd rather get the jump on apartment hunting.

I've started looking and found that a lot of the nicer places are already full... might be signing a lease early next week. At this point my chances are so small it'd be like winning a lottery (all classes full from what I saw on SDN) so I'd rather get the jump on apartment hunting.
Not on waitlists anymore but I second this. I would start looking yesterday. Even in a somewhat small Midwestern city, I either had to expand my price range or look at less desirable places. I think it would’ve been easier had I looked earlier

I'm wondering from those who got accepted, do you have any indication if your class is near full from your GroupMe or Facebook or whatever?
1) every class is full right now- waitlists work by one person withdrawing 1 person being added. AAMc requires that enough acceptances to fill a class are given by like mid March. 2) GroupMe / Facebook groups show no indication of fullness of class. They are full of upperclassmen, admins, etc there to share information, moderate etc. I’m currently in like 3 class GroupMes/ Facebook groups as an m2

Reactions: 5 users
1) every class is full right now- waitlists work by one person withdrawing 1 person being added. AAMc requires that enough acceptances to fill a class are given by like mid March. 2) GroupMe / Facebook groups show no indication of fullness of class. They are full of upperclassmen, admins, etc there to share information, moderate etc. I’m currently in like 3 class GroupMes/ Facebook groups as an m2
Well actually I viewed one of my WL schools class of 2026 FB page and you have to have sent in a deposit to be accepted into the FB page and one of the admins is an admissions counselor so I believe that page’s number of members is true representation to their class size right now

The problem is that many don’t use Facebook anymore. A decade ago, yes, I would say that FB is an accurate representation. Now? I feel like a sizeable portion in each class won’t even have Facebook.

The problem is that many don’t use Facebook anymore. A decade ago, yes, I would say that FB is an accurate representation. Now? I feel like a sizeable portion in each class won’t even have Facebook.
Yeah I mean I thought of that too. But I thought maybe max 10 people aren’t in the group that are admitted. When I looked at M2 FB page it is 172 people and the class size is typically 162 at this school so it is pretty accurate. Also people join to look for places to live and potential roommates.

Its afternoon now, I must and can believe that my application is good enough 🙏 #manifestation

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Mani-Thursday! Because I don’t see a better way to merge those words. 😂 Let’s get it guys

Yeah I mean I thought of that too. But I thought maybe max 10 people aren’t in the group that are admitted. When I looked at M2 FB page it is 172 people and the class size is typically 162 at this school so it is pretty accurate. Also people join to look for places to live and potential roommates.
It’s just not a good way to see anything it’s just gonna make u go crazy

• Care