2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thoughts about calling the admissions office to ask about prospective waitlist movement?
Said this before but it has no benefit to you. 1) they aren't going to tell you anything. The generic response were told to give is always "there has been movement and there will be more". The admissions officers answering the phone aren't in charge of waitlist movement and honestly, theyre probably getting ready for next cycle. 2) Nothing they say good or bad will influence your out come. 3) it is slightly annoying and if you come across as rude that will be noted. So in summary, theyre not gonna tell u anything and theres only downside.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It sucks studying for the MCAT while being on a WL. It’s like there’s half of me that’s gotta tell myself I won’t make it so I have the will to study an enormous amount of content again and the other half desperately clinging to hope that I’ll get accepted and be saved from this [emoji20] Trying to manifest this A so bad
 
Just got feedback from my post-WL R through my pre health advisor. They said they loved me as an applicant, but they had concerns about my community service, which I expected and have since been working on since last year, and they said I was anxious during the interview. I kind of think that was something I couldn't really control though, since it was my first real interview for anything (much less med school) in six years, and I really, really liked the school.

Oh well. At least it seems like if I'm forced to reapply, by then it looks like I'll have a pretty good chance to get accepted somewhere if I keep my current course and get more practice. My pre-health advisor said she would talk to the dean of admissions at the school I am HPWL at and try to swing the A there, so hopefully that works out 🙏
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
on god this is me right now [emoji88] we in this together fam
0-3 comeback starting today bro
look block GIF