2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, obviously this only applies to the school I heard this from but they said that they are pretty behind this year and will continue pulling a good amount of people off in the next 3 weeks. Maybe this is good news for some of us!

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
GUYS…. IT HAPPENED!!! Got my acceptance today!!! The manifesting worked!!!

• Love
Reactions: 44 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First A earlier today! Was my second year in waitlist purgatory and was prepping a third application, feels so good for the waiting to be over.

• Love
Reactions: 30 users
This thread keeps me hopeful!! Hopefully As for all of us tomorrow!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
A tomorrow letsss GOOOOOOOOOOO PLOXXXXXX #MANIFESTINGFORFRIDAY

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thoughts about calling the admissions office to ask about prospective waitlist movement?
Said this before but it has no benefit to you. 1) they aren't going to tell you anything. The generic response were told to give is always "there has been movement and there will be more". The admissions officers answering the phone aren't in charge of waitlist movement and honestly, theyre probably getting ready for next cycle. 2) Nothing they say good or bad will influence your out come. 3) it is slightly annoying and if you come across as rude that will be noted. So in summary, theyre not gonna tell u anything and theres only downside.

Just did my Casper retake yesterday and realized my new scores might get sent out while I'm still on waitlists lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just did my Casper retake yesterday and realized my new scores might get sent out while I'm still on waitlists lol
There's a cutoff for the previous cycle. Don't worry about that as they will likely pay no attention to it or won't even see it.

I’ll join in on the manifesting! WL at two schools since Nov. Very little movement at both so far but staying optimistic!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
It sucks studying for the MCAT while being on a WL. It’s like there’s half of me that’s gotta tell myself I won’t make it so I have the will to study an enormous amount of content again and the other half desperately clinging to hope that I’ll get accepted and be saved from this Trying to manifest this A so bad

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 19 users
I honestly don't know why schools are secretive of the WL. It would be in not only the applicants best interest, but also theirs. One of the schools I reached out to ab their WL was super transparent and gave some very concrete numbers regarding their class. Wish all schools were like this lol.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got feedback from my post-WL R through my pre health advisor. They said they loved me as an applicant, but they had concerns about my community service, which I expected and have since been working on since last year, and they said I was anxious during the interview. I kind of think that was something I couldn't really control though, since it was my first real interview for anything (much less med school) in six years, and I really, really liked the school.

Oh well. At least it seems like if I'm forced to reapply, by then it looks like I'll have a pretty good chance to get accepted somewhere if I keep my current course and get more practice. My pre-health advisor said she would talk to the dean of admissions at the school I am HPWL at and try to swing the A there, so hopefully that works out 🙏

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
MANIFESTTTTTTTTT THE A PLSSSS

Edit: today pls 🥺

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, obviously this only applies to the school I heard this from but they said that they are pretty behind this year and will continue pulling a good amount of people off in the next 3 weeks. Maybe this is good news for some of us!
What school is this?

Manifesting an A for my one WL so that I can go back home!! 😭

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
It sucks studying for the MCAT while being on a WL. It’s like there’s half of me that’s gotta tell myself I won’t make it so I have the will to study an enormous amount of content again and the other half desperately clinging to hope that I’ll get accepted and be saved from this Trying to manifest this A so bad
Relate to this!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
No luck this week. Time to rest up and prepare for next week. Med School playoff season tough as hell. My A% in the playoffs 0/5

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
It happened guys…I got off the Waitlist!!! Keep your heads held high everyone, you got this

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
Anybody send like 4 updates and letter of interest to a school. and has stats above median and still not got in...? Because at this point, I dont know what else to do lol

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody send like 4 updates and letter of interest to a school. and has stats above median and still not got in...? Because at this point, I dont know what else to do lol
+1. waiting since January is killing me

Saw someone get off my top choice school waitlist with lower stats than me so it’s officially sad girl hour :(

Same:)

Reactions: 1 user
In the town today of my top choice…seems like the perfect time do some manifesting. I will be hearing from my top choice!!

Last edited:
  • Care
In the town today of my top choice…seems like the perfect time do some manifesting. I will be hearing from my top choice!!
I hope so too. WL movement seems to have slowed down a lot...

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
MANIFEST MONDAYYYY LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO. DON'T LOSE HOPE!

Reactions: 7 users
Manifesting this week! Good luck everyone!

Trying to have good thoughts about this week, hope y'all are doing a better job at it than me!!

Reactions: 4 users
Manifesting for a phone call from schools that waitlisted me this week 🙏

Manifesting an A this week at either school I’m waitlisted at - I’m not picky 🙏🏼

Reactions: 2 users
This is the week. My spidey senses can feel it. Manifesting an A on this glorious manifest Monday.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
on god this is me right now we in this together fam
0-3 comeback starting today bro
look block GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users