You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread
Started by BioPsychotic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Manifesting an A within these two weeks. It just takes one guys! Just one!
Also not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but do people email schools they are currently waitlisted on and ask for any advice on how to improve their application for the following cycle (or have done so in the past)? I know people do that with schools who rejected them, but I'm not sure if it would give a wrong impression if I emailed the school I'm currently waitlisted on. (Would it come across as defeatist? Or would they take it the wrong way?) I do want advice and see if it was just a stats thing (already signed up to take my mcat) or if it was a fault in something else such as interview / activities? This school is my top choice.
Also not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but do people email schools they are currently waitlisted on and ask for any advice on how to improve their application for the following cycle (or have done so in the past)? I know people do that with schools who rejected them, but I'm not sure if it would give a wrong impression if I emailed the school I'm currently waitlisted on. (Would it come across as defeatist? Or would they take it the wrong way?) I do want advice and see if it was just a stats thing (already signed up to take my mcat) or if it was a fault in something else such as interview / activities? This school is my top choice.
Hopping on the manifest train from my 2 WLs! Would love to hear back by the end of the month [emoji177]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Manifesting an A within these two weeks. It just takes one guys! Just one!
Also not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but do people email schools they are currently waitlisted on and ask for any advice on how to improve their application for the following cycle (or have done so in the past)? I know people do that with schools who rejected them, but I'm not sure if it would give a wrong impression if I emailed the school I'm currently waitlisted on. (Would it come across as defeatist? Or would they take it the wrong way?) I do want advice and see if it was just a stats thing (already signed up to take my mcat) or if it was a fault in something else such as interview / activities? This school is my top choice.
I asked that question in my actual interview for a school that I was accepted at. I just said something like “if I’m not fortunate enough to be granted an admission offer, what would you recommend I work on between now and the next time I apply.” I don’t think they took it as defeatist, because I was accepted. I don’t know if it’s different for waitlists or not.
manifesting??? LOL hope this this works
Thanks for your feedback! This was helpful because reading your scenario, I wouldn't take that question as you sounding defeatist. I actually had been planning on asking my final interviewer (the dean) if she had any feedback, but unfortunately she only had time for one question afterward and I didn't know until after she answered my first question.I asked that question in my actual interview for a school that I was accepted at. I just said something like “if I’m not fortunate enough to be granted an admission offer, what would you recommend I work on between now and the next time I apply.” I don’t think they took it as defeatist, because I was accepted. I don’t know if it’s different for waitlists or not.
I guess my hesitation with currently being waitlisted is that I'm technically still being considered so if I ask for them to bring up my faults, would that just remind them of all the reservations they have? I'm also concerned they think I'm indirectly pressuring them to make a decision faster by bringing up that I'm already starting to reapply. Or that I'm okay if they don't take me off the waitlist because I'm reapplying. Sorry, I know it's ridiculous to speculate and try to mind-read. No one in this forum will probably know.
Congratulations to those already accepted! Manifesting that I get off the waitlist soon! Amen!!
Nah... most of us would think you're just preparing your reapplication.... I guess my hesitation with currently being waitlisted is that I'm technically still being considered so if I ask for them to bring up my faults, would that just remind them of all the reservations they have? I'm also concerned they think I'm indirectly pressuring them to make a decision faster by bringing up that I'm already starting to reapply. Or that I'm okay if they don't take me off the waitlist because I'm reapplying. Sorry, I know it's ridiculous to speculate and try to mind-read. No one in this forum will probably know.
goldenhour
New Member
2 WL's this cycle and one is actually my dream school. Manifesting an A! Good luck everyone!
I’m just going to throw my hat into manifesting an A from my dream school.
cagedshadow
New Member
manifesting an A!!!! Sadly saw that two of the schools I have a WL from seem to have overfilled their class 😳
Since we’re doing this….I will also post to manifest an A from my dream school.
I already have 1 A but would much, much rather get off the WL and pass along my A to another one of you 🙂
I already have 1 A but would much, much rather get off the WL and pass along my A to another one of you 🙂
My goodness gracious I hope this isn’t troll 😭 even if it is, I’ll take false hope stillOne adcom reported that they believe we will be seeing some historic WL movement like never before this year. Idk how that plays out, but whatever. Good vibes for all!
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Where did you get this from?One adcom reported that they believe we will be seeing some historic WL movement like never before this year. Idk how that plays out, but whatever. Good vibes for all!
mochacoffee
New Member
manifesting an A!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently on 2 WL’s with low stats which makes me even more worried that I’m buried at that bottom somewhere. Haven’t even touched anything re-app or MCAT retake wise because I don’t want to think about it. Manifesting an A!🤓🤓
False hope over no hopeMy goodness gracious I hope this isn’t troll 😭 even if it is, I’ll take false hope still
lol meanwhile northwestern overfilled their class and case westerns adcom said on their sdn thread that they’re having issues with people not following traffic rules literally what is going onOne adcom reported that they believe we will be seeing some historic WL movement like never before this year. Idk how that plays out, but whatever. Good vibes for all!
D
deleted1114996
Manifesting an A from 4 WL 🙏🏾!
i’m currently on 3 waitlists & manifesting an A 🤞🏽
Yes, but, OTOH, most schools will not give constructive feedback to applicants still under consideration. 😀Nah... most of us would think you're just preparing your reapplication.
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Getting on the manifesting train. it can’t hurt right?
Yes, but, OTOH, most schools will not give constructive feedback to applicants still under consideration. [emoji3]
3/4 of my waitlists gave me specific things to work on between when I was put on the waitlist and May 2nd.
hoping_for_peds
Full Member
Do people agree that WL movement this year seems to be a lot less than that in years past? I'm only WLs at 4 schools, but they all have had a lot less movement than was had in the last two years. Curious to see if anyone has any thoughts / reasons / guesses on what might be going on!
Do you still think it is worth it to ask? I know this school has given feedback to rejected applicants in the past.Yes, but, OTOH, most schools will not give constructive feedback to applicants still under consideration. 😀
Also on 4 waitlists. Only one school has had good movement. Another has had barely any. And two of them have had none at all. I’m also worriedDo people agree that WL movement this year seems to be a lot less than that in years past? I'm only WLs at 4 schools, but they all have had a lot less movement than was had in the last two years. Curious to see if anyone has any thoughts / reasons / guesses on what might be going on!
Definitely. Especially given @Neuroscifan's experience. The worst that will happen will be that they tell you they can't comment while you are under active consideration. OTOH, they might give you something you could use. Good luck!Do you still think it is worth it to ask? I know this school has given feedback to rejected applicants in the past.
Nope. Every year since 2019, people have been saying the same exact thing. Some schools are having very healthy movement, others not so much, and still others haven't even begun yet.Do people agree that WL movement this year seems to be a lot less than that in years past? I'm only WLs at 4 schools, but they all have had a lot less movement than was had in the last two years. Curious to see if anyone has any thoughts / reasons / guesses on what might be going on!
When the dust settles, in the aggregate, it will look like any other year. Of course, that might not help you at your tiny subset of 4 schools, but that's the nature of WL movement.
I would caution you not to form judgments 2 days after traffic day. The peak of WL movement occurs during the first 2-3 weeks of May every year. This year will be no different. Anxiety and concern are natural, but people are receiving good news every day, and this will continue for a few weeks. Try to remain optimistic, at least through the end of May.
Do you still think it is worth it to ask? I know this school has given feedback to rejected applicants in the past.
It definitely doesn’t hurt to ask like Knightdoc said. The worst they’ll say is that they are too busy and can’t give individualized feedback.
Currently on 2 WL’s with low stats which makes me even more worried that I’m buried at that bottom somewhere. Haven’t even touched anything re-app or MCAT retake wise because I don’t want to think about it. Manifesting an A!🤓🤓
I just barely started studying again lol. having to open up another question bank and think about re-apps has me internally screaming
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been a lurker for so long, but this manifestation thread seems to be working, so I’m tapping in. [emoji2957] I WILL be called off a WL/directly accepted very soon. period and amen!
This process is beyond unnecessarily exhausting (and exploitative but what isn’t lol), so sending good vibes to all. It personally helps me to remember that being a physician is a job. One that we all (hopefully) are passionate about and will have positive impacts through, but nonetheless, just a job at the end of the day, and there’s a hundred other ways to do good in the world if that’s what drives you. Whether it’s your first or third time through this, you’ve made it this far and that’s not something to take lightly. [emoji1545] Don’t lose yourself to this! Don’t lose sight of other things that make you happy (or could make you happy).
This process is beyond unnecessarily exhausting (and exploitative but what isn’t lol), so sending good vibes to all. It personally helps me to remember that being a physician is a job. One that we all (hopefully) are passionate about and will have positive impacts through, but nonetheless, just a job at the end of the day, and there’s a hundred other ways to do good in the world if that’s what drives you. Whether it’s your first or third time through this, you’ve made it this far and that’s not something to take lightly. [emoji1545] Don’t lose yourself to this! Don’t lose sight of other things that make you happy (or could make you happy).
Last edited:
futuredoc345
Full Member
Do people agree that WL movement this year seems to be a lot less than that in years past? I'm only WLs at 4 schools, but they all have had a lot less movement than was had in the last two years. Curious to see if anyone has any thoughts / reasons / guesses on what might be going on!
I feel like it’s going to be less since more students applied this year. so they might not have multiple acceptances. and if someone does get off that was probably their only A so they aren’t giving it up. also i heard last year some schools interviewed more students and over accepted so who knows what shenanigans happened this year
futuredoc345
Full Member
Joining this WL manifesting train as well. [emoji120] Manifesting that acceptance email in the next couple days/weeks
I am joining this manifesting train as well for my son 🙏🏻
He will be accepted tomorrow 🙏🏻
He will be accepted tomorrow 🙏🏻
steven_winnn
New Member
Joining manifestation train! I will get an acceptance in the next few days!!🙏
doctorstudentnetwork
Full Member
Joining manifestation train, I will get off waitlist soon
JustAnotherHopefulPremed
Full Member
Manifesting acceptances for all of us!
I will get off the waitlist and accepted very soon! We will get off the waitlist and into med school! 🙌
I will get off the waitlist and accepted very soon! We will get off the waitlist and into med school! 🙌
This is so sweetI am joining this manifesting train as well for my son 🙏🏻
He will be accepted tomorrow 🙏🏻
Y’all say a prayer for your boy today. Going into surgery soon. Don’t care about how the procedure goes, I just hope they don’t call while I’m under 🤣
Good luck bro, hope everything goes smooth for ya. Im out here tryna manifest an A as well and represent the no A several WL only gang. Lets gooo!Y’all say a prayer for your boy today. Going into surgery soon. Don’t care about how the procedure goes, I just hope they don’t call while I’m under 🤣
Hope you have a smooth, and uneventful procedure.Y’all say a prayer for your boy today. Going into surgery soon. Don’t care about how the procedure goes, I just hope they don’t call while I’m under 🤣
wishing you that big A and of course a safe surgery! and wishing everyone out here an A & positivityY’all say a prayer for your boy today. Going into surgery soon. Don’t care about how the procedure goes, I just hope they don’t call while I’m under 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefully all works out for you!!!! When do you plan on retaking? I’m in the same boat. Fingers crossed and praying all works out on your end.![]()
I just barely started studying again lol. having to open up another question bank and think about re-apps has me internally screaming
Praying that your surgery goes well!!! Everything will work out. Speedy recovery😊Y’all say a prayer for your boy today. Going into surgery soon. Don’t care about how the procedure goes, I just hope they don’t call while I’m under 🤣
Similar threads
- Replies
- 703
- Views
- 139K