You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Waitlist Support Thread
Started by BioPsychotic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dreamcatcher1022
New Member
Does everyone's school-specific thread seem super quiet in the past 24 hours... making me incredibly nervous that WL movement is slowing down faster than prior years
dreamcatcher1022
New Member
I'm just a little confused as to why majority of movement doesn't happen within the first 2 weeks, but there seems to be a delayed movement in middle of May? Is that because of the traffic rules in people being able to consider their acceptances for 5 days?Nope. Every year since 2019, people have been saying the same exact thing. Some schools are having very healthy movement, others not so much, and still others haven't even begun yet.
When the dust settles, in the aggregate, it will look like any other year. Of course, that might not help you at your tiny subset of 4 schools, but that's the nature of WL movement.
I would caution you not to form judgments 2 days after traffic day. The peak of WL movement occurs during the first 2-3 weeks of May every year. This year will be no different. Anxiety and concern are natural, but people are receiving good news every day, and this will continue for a few weeks. Try to remain optimistic, at least through the end of May.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG, it did work for me! I just got accepted into my top choice school. Good luck everyone, praying you guys hear soon from your WL schools!
Justanothermed
New Member
Hopping on the bandwagon - manifesting an A from the waitlist at my dream school sometime in the next few weeks! 😊
coffeestainsrthenewblack_
Full Member
Also manifesting an acceptance off of a waitlist- and also so proud of all of us for even making it this far as to be on a waitlist(s)!! That's a huge accomplishment by itself!
Manifesting allll ^^^ of this energy <3 hoping I can get off 1 of my many WL and pass my current acceptance to another person!
Jumping on the manifestation train as well for my top choice! ✨ Hoping to turn that WL into an A! ✨✨✨
+1 moodManifesting an A from 2 WL so I can quit my job already 😤
Medical Bird
Full Member
Just got my first A!!!!!! My manifestation was a day off, but it worked ❤️ thank God!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
eat5hamburger
Full Member
I'm on 2 WL, Manifesting an A!
Do any adcoms have insight on how waitlist movement is looking this year? I know last year it was non-existent, so here is to hoping it goes to pre-pandemic levels again, but not looking like it.
Dr. Zezima
Full Member
1 WL! Manifesting good news for next week and hoping for the best for all of us <33
So far, it looks exactly like last year.Do any adcoms have insight on how waitlist movement is looking this year? I know last year it was non-existent, so here is to hoping it goes to pre-pandemic levels again, but not looking like it.
That is sad to hear 🙁. Is there a reason for that?So far, it looks exactly like last year.
As schools have learned how their choices affect outcomes (since loss of the MAR), they have become more precise with their offers.That is sad to hear 🙁. Is there a reason for that?
That's my theory, anyway.
Manifesting an A to my top choice as well my friends, good luck everybody 🤞
JustAnotherHopefulPremed
Full Member
Manifesting acceptances for all of us!
I will get off the waitlist and accepted very soon! We will get off the waitlist and into med school! 🙌
OMG I JUST GOT OFF THE WAITLIST! I'M GONNA BE A DOCTOR! KEEP THE FAITH Y'ALL! KEEP THE FAITH! ♥️
A lot DOES happen in the first 2 weeks. It's just that it doesn't suddenly drop to zero. It continues, both because of what you said about people taking time to consider new acceptances, and because all schools don't rush out in the first week or two.I'm just a little confused as to why majority of movement doesn't happen within the first 2 weeks, but there seems to be a delayed movement in middle of May? Is that because of the traffic rules in people being able to consider their acceptances for 5 days?
It actually continues into June and even beyond, but the vast majority will be done by Memorial Day, and most of that will be in the next few weeks.
THIS^^^^. I've been watching this ever since the 2019 cycle, the first without the MAR. That year, everyone thought there would be massive WL movement, because schools were so cautious with initial As, since they didn't know what would happen without the MAR.As schools have learned how their choices affect outcomes (since loss of the MAR), they have become more precise with their offers.
That's my theory, anyway.
Like Linus waiting in the pumpkin patch, the movement never came. In hindsight, it was obvious math. Fewer initial As led to fewer people having fewer multiple As, which led to fewer people dropping fewer As, which led to less WL movement.
WL movement is far from non-existent, but it's not what it was pre-2019, and probably never will be again. It's really not the end of the world. There are more seats available than ever, and every seat still gets filled. It's just that now, more of them are being filled with initial As.
There is also less moving around than there used to be, which means fewer people are getting their first choice, or even a preferred choice, than in the past. But, that's basically it.
The people left standing when the music stops very likely would have been in the exact same position before. The big losers now are people who would have had 5+ As in the past now "only" having 2 or 3, leading to them having fewer choices, and there also being less opportunities for people to trade up.
Last edited:
TuckGamePerfect
Full Member
well this destroyed me today… is it too late to manifest?THIS^^^^. I've been watching this ever since the 2019 cycle, the first without the MAR. That year, everyone thought there would be massive WL movement, because schools were so cautious with initial As, since they didn't know what would happen without the MAR.
Like Linus waiting in the pumpkin patch, the movement never came. In hindsight, it was obvious math. Fewer initial As led to fewer people having fewer multiple As, which led to fewer people dropping fewer As, which led to less WL movement.
WL movement is far from non-existent, but it's not what it was pre-2019, and probably never will be again. It's really not the end of the world. There are more seats available than ever, and every seat still gets filled. It's just that now, more of them are being filled with initial As.
There is also less moving around than there used to be, which means fewer people are getting their first choice, or even a preferred choice, than in the past. But, that's basically it.
The people left standing when the music stops very likely would have been in the exact same position before. The big losers now are people who would have had 5+ As in the past now "only" having 2 or 3, leading to them having fewer choices, and there also being less opportunities for people to trade up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not at all. It's not 2018 any more, but it hasn't been for 4 years now. This is our reality, but it does include PLENTY of WL movement. Just look at all the people posting good news just in the past 3 days. It really is far from over.well this destroyed me today… is it too late to manifest?
peppy-doctor
Full Member
Reapp this year. Last year I had 1 MD interview which resulted in the WL. Got the R one day prior to class start. The waiting was exhausting.
This year I had 4 MD interviews, 3 WL, & 1 A at a school I love. Currently manifesting an A at one of my WL schools - its my dream program that I was completely surprised to get an interview from. Just wanted to give some hope to fellow waitlisters who may need to reapply next year. Don’t give up yet, but also don’t be afraid to start looking critically at your app. I hope you all get good news soon 😊
This year I had 4 MD interviews, 3 WL, & 1 A at a school I love. Currently manifesting an A at one of my WL schools - its my dream program that I was completely surprised to get an interview from. Just wanted to give some hope to fellow waitlisters who may need to reapply next year. Don’t give up yet, but also don’t be afraid to start looking critically at your app. I hope you all get good news soon 😊
donnatelescope
New Member
I keep running into random mentions of my top school/location that I’m waitlisted at all over the place (street signs, books, emails, etc.). I feel like the universe is manifesting right along with me but it is killing me!
the million-dollar question 😭 your question just forced me to check on available seats for this summer since I’m in a big city lol. I’m planning for the 7/16 date, which is pushing it in terms of cycle lateness…..but that’d still be earlier than my timeline for the current cycle. If it’s still crickets for me by early June, I think I’ll send apps to a few schools that will wait for the new score before reviewing, then send the rest in on/after test day.Hopefully all works out for you!!!! When do you plan on retaking? I’m in the same boat. Fingers crossed and praying all works out on your end.
prayers with fingers and toes crossed for you and everyone else over here too!
Joining the train… on one MD WL and two DO WLs. I’ll honestly be so happy coming off any of the WLs but the MD school is my dream medical school so I’m gonna manifest coming off that very soon for myself!!! Best of luck to us all and hope we all get accepted off of our WLs.
AthenaTheShadowQueen
Full Member
I guess I'll hop on here as well - 2 MD WLs and 1 DO WL....hoping with all the hope I can hope that this happens! Fingers and toes crossed.
Only send one (to a school that doesn't matter to you).If it’s still crickets for me by early June, I think I’ll send apps to a few schools that will wait for the new score before reviewing, then send the rest in on/after test day.
prayers with fingers and toes crossed for you and everyone else over here too!
That way you lose nothing. Additional schools can be added later. They will be delivered within one business day.
You can always work on secondaries.
take care of yourself please! Good luckY’all say a prayer for your boy today. Going into surgery soon. Don’t care about how the procedure goes, I just hope they don’t call while I’m under 🤣
True, good point, thank you for the guidance!Only send one (to a school that doesn't matter to you).
That way you lose nothing. Additional schools can be added later. They will be delivered within one business day.
You can always work on secondaries.
bluebunny13!
Full Member
Joining the manifestation train! I am getting an acceptance to my top choice. 🙌
I don't have any good news myself, but if anyone needs hope, tons of people from the school are waiting for are getting accepted. Lots of movement going on, hang in there friends :')
We got this y'all. We are going to get our acceptances soon! Manifesting our A's!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Might as well... Manifesting an A at one of my 3 WL schools. Although I didn't hear anything this week, my manifestation will bring me good news by the end of this month... AMEN!!!!
Also hopping on the manifestation train! 1 ranked MD waitlist... only 11 more spots to go. It seems so small, but also the big jump already happened right at the start of May (like 14 spots) so it also feels so far away now that the big push is over.
We got this friends❤️
Edit: moved 3 spots after posting this, riding the wave babyyyyy
We got this friends❤️
Edit: moved 3 spots after posting this, riding the wave babyyyyy
Last edited:
IndependentYam
Full Member
Why not. Manifesting an A [emoji1695]couldn’t want this more!
“Take me too med school, take me to med school, take me to med school!”
“Take me too med school, take me to med school, take me to med school!”
Similar threads
- Replies
- 703
- Views
- 139K