You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Central Michigan
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've given up. I know a couple students who currently attend. They both interviewed in September and had to wait until December for any sort of admission decision. It really sucks not hearing right away. I'm just keeping myself busy. Might be a little pessimistic but I'm looking at it as if I've been already rejected. If I get in, great. If I don't, well then at least I was expecting it, and was preparing for the future in the meantime.
Spent the last couple of days constantly refreshing my email. Definitely not helpful or healthy, so just trying to get in a mindset where I can keep moving forward.
I know this sucks and the process sucks more. Proud of you for acknowledging your current state and shifting your mindset! Wishing the best for you this cycle. Keep your chin up 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?II received today. Interview on 10/21
Omg! I had an interview on 10/21 but withdrew this morning at 11am -- wonder if that's the same slot!II received today. Interview on 10/21
D
deleted1145751
I received a secondary today ? is this unusual for OOS?
flymflam314
Full Member
Good luck to everyone interviewing today!!!
Running0617
Full Member
Anyone complete mid to end of August receive an interview from this school? Have all November interview dates gone out?
Does this school prioritize is interviews before moving on to oss the way Burns and WVU does?
Running0617
Full Member
I don't think they do. Somebody out-of-state mentioned they got an interview a few weeks ago.Does this school prioritize is interviews before moving on to oss the way Burns and WVU does?
completed early august and got nothinAnyone complete mid to end of August receive an interview from this school? Have all November interview dates gone out?
In a good way?Interviewed on Friday. For sure one of the weirdest interviews I have been in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just received! OOS
Complete?II just received! OOS
And congrats!!Complete?
Interviewed 9/16 and still haven't heard anything, based on past threads it seems like I'm W or R bound...damn :/
+1, still holding out hope though!Interviewed 9/16 and still haven't heard anything, based on past threads it seems like I'm W or R bound...damn :/
Interviewed 9/16 and still haven't heard anything, based on past threads it seems like I'm W or R bound...damn :/
+2. Gunna pop into the road to matriculation as a hopeful poke at them 🥲
same haha, see you there 🙂+2. Gunna pop into the road to matriculation as a hopeful poke at them 🥲
damn complete same time, zip for me 🙁 stats, IS or OOS?II this afternoon, interviewing on 11/18! - Complete 8/8.
la vida loca
Full Member
Also interviewed 9/16 and have heard nothing :/Interviewed 9/16 and still haven't heard anything, based on past threads it seems like I'm W or R bound...damn :/
Hey all! Current M1 here. I know it's still early in the cycle, but I am happy to answer any questions you may have about CMED or Mt. Pleasant! Feel free to message me or reply and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can. Best of luck to all of you future doctors!
(For what it's worth, for those worrying, I got my II in February and got accepted over the summer. It's a long and brutal process and you still have a ways to go--so don't lose hope yet!)
(For what it's worth, for those worrying, I got my II in February and got accepted over the summer. It's a long and brutal process and you still have a ways to go--so don't lose hope yet!)
cempasuchil
Full Member
Same, now I am super concerned.Also interviewed 9/16 and have heard nothing :/
Running0617
Full Member
If you've interviewed your chance of acceptance is quite high. The real hurdle is actually getting an interview.Same, now I am super concerned.
becomingdrk
Full Member
Does anyone know when/how often their admissions committee meets? Just trying to figure out when the next batch of decisions will be coming out.
Running0617
Full Member
I don't know how often they meet but I've been told they send out interview invites every week until the interview season is over.Does anyone know when/how often their admissions committee meets? Just trying to figure out when the next batch of decisions will be coming out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current M4! The wait was looong. I actually forgot my timeline since it's been so long but looking at my post history I see that I interviewed on Sept 21, didn't hear back till I got an email in Dec that applications are still being reviewed, then waitlisted in Jan, and then finally accepted in May.I've given up. I know a couple students who currently attend. They both interviewed in September and had to wait until December for any sort of admission decision. It really sucks not hearing right away. I'm just keeping myself busy. Might be a little pessimistic but I'm looking at it as if I've been already rejected. If I get in, great. If I don't, well then at least I was expecting it, and was preparing for the future in the meantime.
Spent the last couple of days constantly refreshing my email. Definitely not helpful or healthy, so just trying to get in a mindset where I can keep moving forward.
The wait is brutal, but it may be good to just take it slow since it will be a long ride.
becomingdrk
Full Member
A!! IS interviewed 10/21
I am just sitting here wondering if the fact that there are only 3 pages on this forum means that (1) not many people have heard anything from them yet or (2) people have heard back, it's the same as all the other schools, but applicants just aren't active lol
la vida loca
Full Member
which interview date were you?Got the A this morning (OOS). The group interview went terribly for me- I was for sure the worst one in my four person group lol
10/28which interview date were you?
flymflam314
Full Member
I was accepted on Wednesday and didn't ever see the email 😭 started bawling. Interviewed 10/21. AHHHHHHH
+ 100Will they still send out interview invites at this point?
LiteralBrainsAndGains
New Member
Here's a link to request a tour of the medical school: Plan A VisitI interviewed on 10/24 and got the email 11/9!
Does anyone happen to know if/when the facebook page will be up? Additionally, do they offer tours other than the second look? I wanted to visit the campus earlier than April.
+1Have any Canadian applicants receive an II here yet?
I am also Canadian & applied to 15 MD schools but I am still waiting to hear about an II! Congrats on you interview invite!
Sorry to hear that, you got this man. Do you mind sharing your stats?R via email. Interview 9/16. OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
la vida loca
Full Member
Interviewed 9/16 too! I haven’t heard back though not sure how to feel 🙁R via email. Interview 9/16. OOS.
Thank you manifesting more II’s for all of us+1
I am also Canadian & applied to 15 MD schools but I am still waiting to hear about an II! Congrats on you interview invite!
Anyone else hear back who interviewed on 9/16? Is there a chance it’s an A or at this point is it most likely WL or R? Hopefully it’s the former🙏🏻
la vida loca
Full Member
Same! Interviewed 9/16 and no decision yet 🙁Anyone else hear back who interviewed on 9/16? Is there a chance it’s an A or at this point is it most likely WL or R? Hopefully it’s the former🙏🏻
flymflam314
Full Member
Are there any admitted students chats?