2022-2023 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Unsure at this time! I sent one a few weeks ago
I sent one with new activities in October, and one with a new publication that I'm a co-author for last week. I haven't heard anything but I will keep y'all updated lolz

Also Canadian and haven't heard back. Finished mid July
+1 Canadian, complete 07/24. Fingers crossed Canadian gang :D
cGPA: 3.98, MCAT: 515, CASPer 4Q (had to do it for Colorado so ended up sending results here too)

Application update sent in 10/25 also (important Hospice client match, some stuff at the hospital as well)

+1 Canadian, complete 07/24. Fingers crossed Canadian gang :D
cGPA: 3.98, MCAT: 515, CASPer 4Q (had to do it for Colorado so ended up sending results here too)

Application update sent in 10/25 also (important Hospice client match, some stuff at the hospital as well)
You didn't get into a Canadian school with those stats?

Canadian schools are on some other sh***ttttt unfortunately :(
Yea but I find it hard to believe someone with near-perfect stats doesn't have a shot at a Canadian school. They pay a fraction of the tuition and undergo less rigorous training (fewer board exams), so what's the incentive to come here to the United States?

Reactions: 1 user
Yea but I find it hard to believe someone with near-perfect stats doesn't have a shot at a Canadian school. They pay a fraction of the tuition and undergo less rigorous training (fewer board exams), so what's the incentive to come here to the United States?
Med school admissions in Canada are essentially a crapshoot even with rlly good stats. So, that's the incentive

Reactions: 1 users
You didn't get into a Canadian school with those stats?
I find out at the end of this month + February for Canadian schools :) Applications all had a hard deadline Oct 1, so now the results for II are coming shortly.

McMaster I was immediately chopped off the list cause I received a 3Q on my Canadian CASPer LOL (McMaster looks only at CASPer, MCAT CARS section only and GPA for interview invite determination) not sure what happened but I enjoyed the test both times equally when I took it aha.

Med school admissions in Canada are essentially a crapshoot even with rlly good stats. So, that's the incentive
I do agree, hopefully this cycle goes well but I wanted to broaden my opportunities. I wouldn't mind going to the states, would like a change of scenery and some new adventures to my life

I find out at the end of this month + February for Canadian schools :) Applications all had a hard deadline Oct 1, so now the results for II are coming shortly.

McMaster I was immediately chopped off the list cause I received a 3Q on my Canadian CASPer LOL (McMaster looks only at CASPer, MCAT CARS section only and GPA for interview invite determination) not sure what happened but I enjoyed the test both times equally when I took it aha.

I do agree, hopefully this cycle goes well but I wanted to broaden my opportunities. I wouldn't mind going to the states, would like a change of scenery and some new adventures to my life
You're doing great, good luck this cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they interview through March, but does that mean people who didn't get interviews will be notified by March as well? Or would they wait on that until they release the last batch of decisions i.e. for those interviewed in March?

I know they interview through March, but does that mean people who didn't get interviews will be notified by March as well? Or would they wait on that until they release the last batch of decisions i.e. for those interviewed in March?

In a recent interview (this month), they said they were about halfway through interviews so far and that there were like 3-4 weeks of just straight interviews coming up so decisions from interviews may be delayed until April.

You may still receive an interview in the coming weeks but if not, may not hear back from them until after interview decisions are caught up. I imagine they’ll focus on getting those out before letting those not invited know about their status.

I am IS, 504 MCAT, 3.9 GPA... complete since August, anyone similar hear anything?

How optional is the “optional” student Q&A and Tour? May not be able to attend and don’t want it to affect me..

Anyone with an A not attend?

How optional is the “optional” student Q&A and Tour? May not be able to attend and don’t want it to affect me..

Anyone with an A not attend?

No decision yet for me, but in my interview they did say no attendance or roll call would be taken and urged that it was completely optional. I was unable to attend due to work but they did say they liked to keep it just students so that everyone felt comfortable asking whatever questions they had and that there would be other sessions available so we could find one that fit for us.

Just finished my interview today. Hopefully I don't have to wait long for a response

How do you think it went??
Overall I think it went quite well. There were technical issues on the school's end which made me anxious. My first station for my MMI started when I only had 2 minutes left to read the prompt and give an answer. My second station was a bit better. I had the full time to read and give an answer to my evaluator, but I couldn't see or hear him until the last minute. He reassured me that I was doing great and not to be anxious as admissions would not hold this mishap against me. After that, everything went very smoothly. I really enjoyed the small group activities which took place after the MMI. Everything was super low-stress. The faculty was very welcoming and friendly.

How is the small group interview structured? Is there a facilitator asking questions?

II just now! My only MD interview so far! Does anyone have advice on how to prepare?

II just now! My only MD interview so far! Does anyone have advice on how to prepare?
CONGRATS! I think this school has an MMI style interview and a small group session as well. I cannot really speak for how small group sessions are conducted because I have not had that style of interview. I have done MMI before though, so I would recommend the "Multiple Mini Interview.. winning strategies from admissions faculty" book by Dr. Samir Desai. If you don't have time to get that then I would use the BeMO MMI questions. Practice recording yourself on a zoom call with yourself (I just use the photobooth option on MacBook). Take a deep breath, you've got this. Sending good vibes your way :)

Post II R </3, saw it coming but it still stings. Interviewed 9/16. Good luck to everyone :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users