2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven’t heard anything

Members don't see this ad.

From simple observation, I've seen anywhere between 1 PM and 5 PM Mountain Time. But as stated, that's just my observation only.
Well let’s hope they going in alpha order bc my name is down there

Members don't see this ad :)
Two weeks ago there were no reported calls... do they give out A's every other week?

Two weeks ago there were no reported calls... do they give out A's every other week?
But were there reports of rejections/waitlists two weeks ago? Because none of us from 1/20 got rejection/waitlist emails either (as far as I know).

Got the A call at around noon today. Interviewed 1/20

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew. Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also rejected pre interview. And yeah tbh v confused. In state, went to Colorado for my undergrad, 4th Q Casper, research on Colorado health disparities (which I wrote about in my secondary), worked in a Colorado clinic for 2 years, and in Colorado working for my gap year as well. Tons of community involvement and all my letters of rec were from CU professors and physicians from Colorado. Also sad to be leaving Colorado bc I truly did want to serve this community during my education and career, but oh well
Stopped following this thread after post-ii R.

I'm in a very similar boat but: IS, ORM, LM 74.

I think part of it is CU is on the cusp of becoming a T20 program. They want to attract as many flashy applicants as possible to boost their rankings. I've worked literally *in* the SOM for 3 years and it's pretty clear that's what leadership wants from a research and academic standpoint.

But their ADCOM has a weird way of going about it:

My interview experience felt like I was interviewing for Greek Life in undergrad.

1. My interviewer was someone with 0 healthcare experience. Was 5 months removed from their masters in Ed, and subsequently had exactly 5 months of total professional experience.
2. When asked what their fav/least fav parts of the program they responded: they loved how close the mountains were, but that they wished they were even closer. This was their legit answer...
3. This individual accused me of lying/contradicting myself during my interview (I didn't). She just wasn't listening, which was apparent during the interview.

Similarly sized and ranked programs have been able to offer multiple 1 on 1 interviews >30min with faculty that have been on campus for 30+ years (one of them with no healthcare experience, but a PhD in Ed and 20+ years on campus).

Of my 7 IIs (4 T20) this is the only school that rejected me. No deferral, no WL, just a post-ii rejection... From the school I've given 4 working years to.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like they accepted ~30 less than last year. Wonder if that bodes better for us waitlistees

Seems like they accepted ~30 less than last year. Wonder if that bodes better for us waitlistees
One can only hope, but they had roughly 1000 more applicants last year, so maybe it is just proportional.

Has anyone asked admissions about when exactly waitlist tiers will be assigned?

Has anyone who applied for a scholarship (the leadership/primary care/diversity ones) heard anything back yet?

Top third. Movement starts at the end of the month correct?

Top third. Movement starts at the end of the month correct?
Looking at last year's thread, seems it starts at the very end of April and goes mostly through early-mid May. Saw 7 ppl post they had gotten off the waitlist, but obvi not everyone is on SDN. Best of luck everyone

Has anyone found numbers for how many are waitlisted or in each tier?

Has anyone found numbers for how many are waitlisted or in each tier?
I've heard that nearly everyone in the Top Third gets off. My email for the middle tier said they have pulled some from the middle, so about in line. The 2024 WL protocol doesn't offer much more than that.

Reactions: 1 user
Does high priority email say “probability” or “possibility” of offer for anyone?

Does high priority email say “probability” or “possibility” of offer for anyone?
The University of Colorado School of Medicine’s Admissions Committee has completed its evaluation of applicants for the 2023 entering class. We are placing your name on our alternate list in the top priority category. Being selected for a place on the alternate list is an indication of the high regard the Admissions Committee has for you.

Your position is in the top one-third of our alternate list. Although we cannot tell you your individual position, nor can we guarantee you a spot, there is a possibility that you will receive an offer.

Candidates for admission may be selected at any time from today through the week of orientation (July 21, 2023). Please only reply to the email if you wish to be removed from the alternate list. If we do not hear from you, you will remain on the alternate list. Also, please continue to report any address, phone or email changes to AMCAS, as we download these changes for purposes of communication.

Should you receive an offer of acceptance we will complete an audit of your prerequisite coursework at that time. Applicants do not have to complete all requirements at the time of application, but must do so by matriculation. Should there be any deficiencies in your prerequisite coursework, we will ask for you to submit additional documentation including, but not limited to, official transcripts or course syllabi. Please visit our website to review all required prerequisite coursework to ensure you have met and completed all required coursework prior to matriculation. If you receive notice of a prerequisite deficiency, it must be cleared before matriculation is possible.

We realize that your position on the alternate list leaves you with a degree of uncertainty and we greatly appreciate your willingness to continue in this process. Please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected] with your questions.

^ this is the content of the email.

Reactions: 1 users
I've heard that nearly everyone in the Top Third gets off. My email for the middle tier said they have pulled some from the middle, so about in line. The 2024 WL protocol doesn't offer much more than that.
Would you mind posting the body of the email for the middle tier?