2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Invited to interview in the last few days. Complete 8/1. OOS! Is the grading P/F?
Also recently got an II, complete end of August. In the recorded DEI pre-interview info session, I think I remember them saying pre-clerkship is P/F? Maybe check out that video to confirm.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did any other week of 12/6 applicants get an A call? Holding out on hope that they might have more to do tomorrow after the long weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
Also received an alternate list :/. Does anyone know if they release like a high tier later on?

Also received an alternate list :/. Does anyone know if they release like a high tier later on?
From what I saw on last year's thread it looks like they released a rough ranking into 3 tiers around mid April and then movement started going around early May

Gotcha, and I know they said no update letters but does that extend to letters of intent?

Does anyone know if this school does post-interview rejections, or do they just put everyone on the alternate list if they’re not accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if this school does post-interview rejections, or do they just put everyone on the alternate list if they’re not accepted?
Someone in December said they got an R so I guess not everyone but does feel fairly silent on the R front

They said during my interview that they will not waitlist anyone that they wouldn't accept.

I was waitlisted (mid tier) last year but haven’t received an II this year ): do we know approximately how many interview days/spots are left

I was waitlisted (mid tier) last year but haven’t received an II this year ): do we know approximately how many interview days/spots are left

Admissions Tracker​

Updated January 9, 2023​

• Primary Applications: 9,851
  • Secondary Applications:5,343
  • Interviewed Applicants: 418
  • Total Acceptance Offers: 200

Updated last Jan. 9th. Comparing to last year's numbers, there is still quite a bit to go, but I am hesitant to read too much into it as we are nearing the end of interview season...

Reactions: 1 users

Admissions Tracker​

Updated January 9, 2023​

• Primary Applications: 9,851
  • Secondary Applications:5,343
  • Interviewed Applicants: 418
  • Total Acceptance Offers: 200

Updated last Jan. 9th. Comparing to last year's numbers, there is still quite a bit to go, but I am hesitant to read too much into it as we are nearing the end of interview season...
Do you know approximately how many people got interviews last year?

Any other early January interviewees waiting? It seems like most A's have gone out right around the 4wk mark, but that doesn't stop me from checking the applicant portal every day in case they accidentally mark a decision on it 🤡

Any other early January interviewees waiting? It seems like most A's have gone out right around the 4wk mark, but that doesn't stop me from checking the applicant portal every day in case they accidentally mark a decision on it 🤡
In the same boat! Interviewed 1/6

• Care
OOS II complete on 8/3 LM 77. Only two available dates were Feb 1st and 3rd

Anyone know what the interview times look like? Not sure if I should request a half or full day PTO at work lol

Anyone know what the interview times look like? Not sure if I should request a half or full day PTO at work lol
The Wednesday interviews were 8:45 to 12:45 MT! Maybe someone else can correct this, but I think the Friday interviews went later into the day.

The Wednesday interviews were 8:45 to 12:45 MT! Maybe someone else can correct this, but I think the Friday interviews went later into the day.
I interviewed Friday 1/20 and I can confirm that interview day went from 12:15 PM to 4:15 PM Mountain Time on Fridays. Interviews on Wednesday start early in the morning. :)

Anyone have more info on these pre interview social hours? There's one tomorrow for my interview this week. I have a prior engagement that I could drop but would rather not cancel tomorrow night. They said in the email about it that it's completely optional and doesn't factor into the admission decision but is that actually true?

Haven't scheduled yet and just checked. They are scheduling back to Feb 15th and 17th. Gonna withdraw my app so I hope one of y'all get the II!

Anyone have more info on these pre interview social hours? There's one tomorrow for my interview this week. I have a prior engagement that I could drop but would rather not cancel tomorrow night. They said in the email about it that it's completely optional and doesn't factor into the admission decision but is that actually true?
Yes, it's completely true. Pre-interview social hours are typically ran by student organization, and no members of the admissions committee will be there. Usually, the socials are provided so that you can interact with your fellow interviewees, students at the school, and hopefully, have less anxiety going into your interview.

Any other instate, higher-ish stat students still heard nothing back? I have a LizzyM 75 and 3Q Casper, complete in August and haven't heard anything back (No II). Just curious if there are others in the same boat. I had high hopes of attending here so I could stay in CO but I am losing hope having heard nothing this late.

Reactions: 4 users
Any other instate, higher-ish stat students still heard nothing back? I have a LizzyM 75 and 3Q Casper, complete in August and haven't heard anything back (No II). Just curious if there are others in the same boat. I had high hopes of attending here so I could stay in CO but I am losing hope having heard nothing this late.
Same boat. IS LM 82 4Q Casper complete end of July with no II. Already accepted at some other schools, but definitely not feeling the love as a native Coloradan!

Complete early September, LM 80, 4Q Casper. I know they seem to be behind on IIs compared to last year and also seem to have distributed most of their IIs to OOS applicants earlier in the season (if SDN is a good sample), so maybe there's still hope. No other IS people I know irl have received interviews, either.

interviewed 1/6, got the A call from Dean SooHoo yesterday around 4:30! 🥳

Reactions: 6 users
Any other A calls yesterday? Crossing my fingers some will go out Monday too

As an OOS applicant, I was looking at this website today: School of Medicine and was a bit confused about the part where it says: **Medical MD Non-Resident Rate - This will only be charged if the non-resident student voluntarily chooses to withdraw from medical school after completing the first year for any reason other than medical disability. The student will be obligated to pay the School of Medicine the difference between the non-resident tuition that would have been assessed and the tuition and accountable student support fee.

Can someone clarify how much I could expect to pay as an out-of-state student? I'm making a spreadsheet of my top schools to compare the finances of attending.

As an OOS applicant, I was looking at this website today: School of Medicine and was a bit confused about the part where it says: **Medical MD Non-Resident Rate - This will only be charged if the non-resident student voluntarily chooses to withdraw from medical school after completing the first year for any reason other than medical disability. The student will be obligated to pay the School of Medicine the difference between the non-resident tuition that would have been assessed and the tuition and accountable student support fee.

Can someone clarify how much I could expect to pay as an out-of-state student? I'm making a spreadsheet of my top schools to compare the finances of attending.
I believe that for your first year, you would pay $69,405. That chart is insanely confusing though, so I might just call the admissions office tomorrow to clarify. MSAR says that out-of-state tuition is $67,539 which I assume is just an average of the cost of tuition across the four years.

I just got invited to 2nd Look even thought I'm waitlisted? Is that common?

This is for the MD PhD program, and I'm local. The email was not a mistake. I'm just very shocked and don't want to get my hopes up for an acceptance.

1675800258154.png

I think it might be over for II's :(

Pre-II R earlier. IS. Got invited to postbacc linkage program but going to decline it. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

• Care
OOS II today! Secondary submitted in August, but I believe my application was technically complete in late October because of Duet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Placed on alternate list yesterday. IS, complete end of July. From previous threads, it seems like even the high-priority waitlist doesn’t have much movement. Dedicated so, so much time to this campus and this med school. Crafted my entire application for CU and my SO can't relocate with me to another school. God this application process sucks.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II today as well. Submitted in July, LM >80, 4Q casper, no real ties to Colorado, rural Montanan though which probably helps. Really thought things were done but we will take it! Scheduling was only open to next week.

OOS II! Is the individual portion open-file?

Reactions: 2 users
Just found something interesting on their website, stats from last year:
  • Primary Applications: 10,897
  • Secondary Applications: 5,663
  • Interviewed Applicants: 723
  • Total Acceptance Offers: 303
I know not everyone fills out all their secondaries, but I think they don't necessarily send them to everyone.
should've interviewed three fewer candidates :thinking: