2022-2023 Creighton

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Is there anything you need to do to get your enrollment deposit back, or do they handle that as well?
"Please note, if you have submitted your $100 class deposit and you have withdrawn by April 30, the deposit will be refunded within the next three weeks. Your deposit will be forwarded to the preferred address listed on your AMCAS. Please ensure that your preferred address is accurate."

They are mailing it?? A check maybe?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if we are required to select "Plan to Enroll" by tomorrow or if all we had to do was drop down to one acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back from one of my waitlist schools and saw on AMCAS CYMS that waitlist schools can see if you PTE'd somewhere else starting tomorrow (i think i'm interpreting that correctly).
 
Does anyone know if we are required to select "Plan to Enroll" by tomorrow or if all we had to do was drop down to one acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back from one of my waitlist schools and saw on AMCAS CYMS that waitlist schools can see if you PTE'd somewhere else starting tomorrow (i think i'm interpreting that correctly).
you just need to narrow down to one acceptance and comitt to enroll before final deadline in July. PTE doesn’t matter.
 
PTE has no risk, you can remain waitlisted for other schools and are free to accept other offers of admission. But yes best to select PTE even if you only have one offer standing. That is what I was advised by M3’s.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, for you guys that withdrew their A from the Phoenix campus, what were your reasons why? Trying to make a decision
 
is there an accepted students groupme?

dumb question: must we physically mail our transcript or can we send it via an official electronic service?
 
Last edited:
Can
Hey, for you guys that withdrew their A from the Phoenix campus, what were your reasons why? Trying to make a decision
yes please could you all please help. My sister just received admission to Creighton-PHX and UA-Tucson. Besides the huge difference in tuition, please kindly help provide insight, and/or pros and cons between the schools. She is a little confused and any insight or info will be appreciated. Reasons besides tuition for withdrawing from Creighton will be most helpful. I thank you all in advance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can

yes please could you all please help. My sister just received admission to Creighton-PHX and UA-Tucson. Besides the huge difference in tuition, please kindly help provide insight, and/or pros and cons between the schools. She is a little confused and any insight or info will be appreciated. Reasons besides tuition for withdrawing from Creighton will be most helpful. I thank you all in advance.
I am not an expert on either of these schools but here are some things I would think about based on my limited perspective. 1. Mission fit (Creighton is Jesuit and some may not prefer that) 2. Clinical rotation sites (Creighton has several around Phoenix and UA tucson has Banner University with the option to do rural rotations ? I thinkI 3. How established the school is (I know some people prefer to be at a more well-established school and Tucson has been around for quite a while longer - although I have heard Creighton is very receptive to student feedback and making changes since the Phx branch is so new), and 4. Location (Phoenix versus Tucson). The financial aspect is definitely a huge portion of it, but those are things I would consider if I were deciding between those 2 schools