-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Damn that’s a while ago I would personally shoot them an email. I’ll probably will next Friday if I don’t here back from then 😢Interviewed 10/19, still haven’t heard back. Should I be worried / email them about it? Just worried that they just forgotten about me lol
D
deleted1150423
so weird they told us to wait until february but seems like they move fast for some but not for others
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 11/18, wondering if it'll come this week or next week for those that interviewed ~3rd week of Nov. Was told during the interview that it would take 3-4 weeks, and 6 at the absolute maximum. Don't know whether it'll be by call or email, seems to be a little bit of both this season. Fingers crossed that we all hear good news soon! 🤞
Got the A! Interviewed 11/9
Congratulations!!
Did you get an email before?
akapur2000
Full Member
I agree but deferral means like no decision has been made so it worse than an acceptance lolololololol. I appreciate you tho 🫡Deferral is a lot better than a rejection. It means that they’re friendzoning you for the moment in case another someone hotter comes along. I kid, but I’m also serious. They like your application but they want to keep interviewing others to see if they’re better than you.
D
deleted1147188
Thank you! No, I got the call firstCongratulations!!
Did you get an email before?
Pre II R just now. IS, multiple connections to the school, I know my scores are a long shot for MD but had hopes that my connections would help.
Don’t give up. This process isn’t over yet. You’ve come a long way to reach the goal of becoming a physician and that’s something that I’m proud of you for. Some schools may not see one student as a good fit, but other schools can see the potential that one can bring. Your hard work will lead to your success soon. Keep up the great work!Pre II R just now. IS, multiple connections to the school, I know my scores are a long shot for MD but had hopes that my connections would help.
heretolurk123
New Member
Just got the post-II rejection email. I live in Philly and have significantly higher stats than the medians with great ECs. Thought the interview went well. Definitely bummed
Ah thank you for the kind words, seriously means so much! I am grateful for the 3 ii I have, and hope one of them see my potential! First interview is Monday! 🤞Don’t give up. This process isn’t over yet. You’ve come a long way to reach the goal of becoming a physician and that’s something that I’m proud of you for. Some schools may not see one student as a good fit, but other schools can see the potential that one can bring. Your hard work will lead to your success soon. Keep up the great work!
akapur2000
Full Member
Were you deferred before? And also I am so sorry however I trust you will find success during this cycle!Just got the post-II rejection email. I live in Philly and have significantly higher stats than the medians with great ECs. Thought the interview went well. Definitely bummed
Good luck with those interviews! You’re one step closer to a white coat with those interviews and you’ll definitely make a positive impact on your future patients 🙂Ah thank you for the kind words, seriously means so much! I am grateful for the 3 ii I have, and hope one of them see my potential! First interview is Monday! 🤞
D
deleted1150423
how late do we think they are calling (knock on wood)?
pre-ii R. complete sometime in july
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
akapur2000
Full Member
Welcome to the club! 🙁 We have snacks but i know an A would have been better 😭Deferral email today. Interviewed on 11/10. Congrats to everyone who got the A today!!
That's cool that you guys get a call, last year we just got an email. Who even calls you? Brian? Dr. Hanau?Got the call this morning for the A and got the email later on 🙂 Interviewed 10/28 OOS
Brian called meThat's cool that you guys get a call, last year we just got an email. Who even calls you? Brian? Dr. Hanau?
D
deleted1150423
well see you all again next friday 🙂
mickey68549
Full Member
Just got the pre II on hold email. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.
Sorry to hear. Where you deffered before? When was your interview?Just got the post-II rejection email. I live in Philly and have significantly higher stats than the medians with great ECs. Thought the interview went well. Definitely bummed
Sorry for late posting. Also got deffered email earlier today. I was interviewed on 11/11.
From past year's threads a hold is pretty much a soft R. Really sorry, man.Just got the pre II on hold email. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.
Does any body knows when Drexel's admission committee meet to make decision for deferred applicants? It says on their website that they meet monthly.
meeee. absolute silence. Im starting to wonder if this is just a silent RAny August or earlier submitters not hear a single thing yet? (Besides the Open House emails of course)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YupppppAny August or earlier submitters not hear a single thing yet? (Besides the Open House emails of course)
Just try to stay positive. Its difficult for suremeeee. absolute silence. Im starting to wonder if this is just a silent R
akapur2000
Full Member
I feel like that’s up in the air.Does any body knows when Drexel's admission committee meet to make decision for deferred applicants? It says on their website that they meet monthly.
II just now, OOS (complete 7/6 - LM 68). Anyone know if I am now basically interviewing for the waitlist or?
Do you all mind sharing when the next avail interview date is?II this morning. Complete 07/18, update letter sent at the end of September. Never put on hold. LM 71 OOS ORM
aelinshealer
Full Member
Do you all mind sharing when the next avail interview date is?
Just got an II and I saw Jan 18 and lots of other open days!
Any chance you could share when you were complete? Thanks for giving us hope out here hahJust got an II and I saw Jan 18 and lots of other open days!
misstomdhopefully
Full Member
Interview invite today, I was complete 7/3 🙂
aelinshealer
Full Member
Any chance you could share when you were complete? Thanks for giving us hope out here hah
I was complete 7/12! Never put on hold and never sent update.
akapur2000
Full Member
I am not guessing till January friend 😭😭😭Have any deferred peeps heard back yet?
Congrats. Do you mind giving a breakdown of your stats? You can PM me if you wantI was complete 7/12! Never put on hold and never sent update.
II as well this morning, OOS LM 68, non-orm or urm. Lots of ECs
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your breadown (,feel free to PM) . So if you are not ORM or URM, what would it be?II as well this morning, OOS LM 68, non-orm or urm. Lots of ECs
Im specifically an overrepresented minority
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
akapur2000
Full Member
Guys do admissions decisions come every Friday?
Guys do admissions decisions come every Friday?
As far as I’m aware, they get released on Fridays but not every Friday.
We didn’t hear anything last week, right?
I think next decisions to come out should be late October/early November people but don’t quote me on that :/
dreamsofbeingaphysician
Full Member
I’ve been looking through the threads and it seems like some applicants who were put on hold pre-interview later got an interview right 😭
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that non-ORM or URM means white, lol.Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your breadown (,feel free to PM) . So if you are not ORM or URM, what would it be?
Im specifically an overrepresented minority
D
deleted1150423
i think some people go decisions last week from first week of november!As far as I’m aware, they get released on Fridays but not every Friday.
We didn’t hear anything last week, right?
I think next decisions to come out should be late October/early November people but don’t quote me on that :/