You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Drexel
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Completed 6/29! OOS with a 510 MCAT and 3.80 GPA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't fret, there have been students with 520+ MCATs given IIs closer to the end of the cycle so don't worry about stats. You're either in it or you're waiting.
dideperfect123
Full Member
Seeing this wave of Rs and Holds, is having radio silence since early July submission good?
Given the II/hold movement today, any other fellow mid-late Nov interviews think we’ll be hearing back this Friday? [emoji51]
Mid November 🙂 they said we’d definitely hear back in 6-8 weeks and 8 weeks is fast approaching… I am optimistic about hearing back this Friday. That being said I’ve been optimistic about hearing back for the last few Fridays as well lol
it’s not good, not bad. It’s like lukewarm water. Or flat soda. Or like stale chips. It’s not the best thing, but Imma still take it 😂Seeing this wave of Rs and Holds, is having radio silence since early July submission good?
it’s not good, not bad. It’s like lukewarm water. Or flat soda. Or like stale chips. It’s not the best thing, but Imma still take it [emoji23]
Lmbo we can all use a little humor rn! Amazing writing, I trust that your PS will stand out! 🤌[emoji2533]
akapur2000
Full Member
I hope those deferred in early December start hearing back this month! I interviewed 11/7, so
I am coming up on 2 months!
I am coming up on 2 months!
thegoodfuturedoctor
Full Member
Was deferred late October and still haven't heard back 😭I hope those deferred in early December start hearing back this month! I interviewed 11/7, so
I am coming up on 2 months!
akapur2000
Full Member
💀. Well based off last years SDN, it does seem like deferrals did not start hearing back till January.Was deferred late October and still haven't heard back 😭
stats?II complete 10/20
grumpycat331
Full Member
II complete 10/6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Stats?II complete 10/6
The SDN interview feedback page was on point for this school, I found! No out of the ordinary questions except my faculty interviewer asked me if I had ever been to an open house lol. One interview was one-on-one with a faculty member and one was a group interview with a med student and two other interviewees. The group interview was lowkey awkward, but I just powered through lol.What is the interview day like here? Like what kinds of questions, how many interviewers?
akapur2000
Full Member
Anyone know how much the group interview influences admissions? Feel like that went really well for me as my group was awesome, but not sure if that is just a net neutral for admission?
I interviewed 12/2. Fingers crossedAnyone thinks any calls will be made today?
akapur2000
Full Member
I want Drexel to call me more than I want my gf to call me lol
Ya seems that way. Well guess I’ll keep stressing another week.Looks like it’s gonna be another week
All those deffered earlier, anybody sent a LOI yet?
amazingotter23
Full Member
Interviewed 11/09. I just got an email that I have been deferred, from what I have seen online, that's pretty similar to being waitlisted?
akapur2000
Full Member
From what I know, defer means they have not made a decision yet. Based on sdn last year, they will either accept or waitlist you later. It sounds like they are behind I don’t know why they waited so long to defer you. I interviewed 11/7 and was deferred 12/2.Interviewed 11/09. I just got an email that I have been deferred, from what I have seen online, that's pretty similar to being waitlisted?
II just now, OOS, LM ~72. They had slots available through March on the portal!
Yes, sent one about a week or so after being deferred 11/4/22 - interviewed 9/21/22All those deffered earlier, anybody sent a LOI yet?
akapur2000
Full Member
Same, deferred 12/2 tho. Hopefully Jan is a good month for us!Yes, sent one about a week or so after being deferred 11/4/22 - interviewed 9/21/22
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1150771
Just received II! OOS, Complete 07/20
D
deleted843384
Current M3 at Drexel here- I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the program.
FutureMDCol
Full Member
Does anyone with a later submission date say late Sep the beginning of October that has gotten an interview yet? just seeing if I have chances of getting something
First II of the cycle! OOS low stat complete mid-Aug. Dates available throughout Feb and March
Congrats!!! Did you just get the II or was it earlier today?First II of the cycle! OOS low stat complete mid-Aug. Dates available throughout Feb and March
Congrats!!! Did you just get the II or was it earlier today?
It was around 2pm eastern!
OOS II this afternoon complete 8/14. Does anyone know if they do not include AP classes for the PreReq course list because they do not count those? They mention on their recommendation page, "If advanced placement credits in recommended courses are submitted, additional upper level science coursework will be valued." However, I am unsure if I should still list an AP class as it fulfilled one of the recommendations and without it that section will probably be blank :/
What kind of updates do you think might be enough to push an applicant from a hold to an interview? I'm about to be published, and I updated them with that recently. I'm wondering if anyone has any other advice or ideas? Thank you 🙂
cantiorubeus
Full Member
On their website it says:What kind of updates do you think might be enough to push an applicant from a hold to an interview? I'm about to be published, and I updated them with that recently. I'm wondering if anyone has any other advice or ideas? Thank you 🙂
"Applicants may send a total of three updates through our application system. Go to our website for applicants at https://apply.med.drexel.edu and enter your login credentials. Select the "Status" tab and then the "Document Upload/Status" option on the left. You may upload one of each of the following items: transcripts, resume/CV and an update letter. Once these items are uploaded, they may not be updated. The file should be a PDF and under 8MB in size."
So it sounds like you may not be able to add an additional update letter, though if you achieve something that you can add to your CV you could update them that way.
Hoping for some good luck this Friday the 13th
asdfaqerqwerqera
Full Member
Anybody hear back after being deferred?
Nightcrawler00
Full Member
Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed 11/21 OOS LM 67.5
No - deferred 11/4. Looking back at last cycle's discussion, they heard back in January around the 21stAnybody hear back after being deferred?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mauliola808
New Member
Just got the call!! OOS, 3.82 GPA, interviewed 11/21
akapur2000
Full Member
Y’all think the calls are over? For today?
I hope not but maybe. Guess we gotta wait more 🙁Y’all think the calls are over? For today?
macaylaharieno
New Member
11/7 hereAnybody from the earlier dates still with silence? My date was 11/11 but haven’t been deferred yet.