2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not sure if this was asked here before, but did anyone receive a WL instead of a deferral for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if this was asked here before, but did anyone receive a WL instead of a deferral for this cycle?
WLs haven’t been given out at this point in time. However, they might start to put some people who are either deferred or waiting to hear back on it in a few weeks. This is mainly due to how there was some movement with deferred applicants this week. This is just speculation, so we’ll have to wait and see when WLs begin to be given out

Reactions: 1 user
Have there been any post-II rejections or do they mostly WL candidates they don't necessarily want?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have there been any post-II rejections or do they mostly WL candidates they don't necessarily want?
So far, there hasn’t been any post-II Rs. For now, it’s just been A’s or deferrals. For those who are deferred, they’ll later give those applicants an A, WL, or R.

Edit: After looking back on the thread, there has been a post-II R given out. However, the majority of the decisions that have been made were either an A or a deferral

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
During my interview they said very few people will get a post-II R after the interview, typically for people who performed extremely poorly during the interview.

Anyone from the school here that I can talk to abt the reading campus more so?

Has anyone tried putting both first and second campus preference as Philly

I'm restricted with what information I'm allowed to share, however, I can say that you should NOT assume a waitlist unless specifically said so from the ADCOM after your deferred decision. From my understanding, the plan to enroll deadline just passed, so there could be some movement from the deferred list. Where it is an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection depends on your holistic evaluation. It also depends on how many people choose to not go to Drexel and Keep in mind, they are still finishing up their last month or two of interview decisions. Hang tight and I wish you all get good news!
Do you know when the next time a campus lottery will be taking place?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do we think early march interviews will hear back? 🥹
It seems like the people who had an interview on the second to last week of February got a decision last week. So if you had an interview in the first week of March, you’ll most likely receive a decision sometime this week. If you had an interview in the second week of March, you’ll probably hear back next week. Best of luck to you!!!

From last week, looks like Tuesday was when interview decisions were announced, and Wednesday was when deferred decisions were announced

It seems like the people who had an interview on the second to last week of February got a decision last week. So if you had an interview in the first week of March, you’ll most likely receive a decision sometime this week. If you had an interview in the second week of March, you’ll probably hear back next week. Best of luck to you!!!
Interviewed 02/08 and radio silence since then haha I sent an email requesting an update last week, but no response yet

Hard decision but gave up my A here at reading campus bc i got a better deal elsewhere. Hopefully it goes to one of you all

Reactions: 6 users
Hard decision but gave up my A here at reading campus bc i got a better deal elsewhere. Hopefully it goes to one of you all
No matter where you go, always remember to do your best and to provide the best care for your future patients. Best of luck, future doctor!

Just withdrew my acceptance that I received last week. If you are on WL stay hopeful!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know when deferrals are expected to hear back? :(
Based on last week, drex is making interview stage decisions on Tuesday and deferred stage decisions on Wednesday

1/25 interview still haven’t heard a thing 🤷‍♂️

Finally got my last pre II R from here lol. Wow that took a long time

Accepted earlier today from 2/27 interview date! No deferral! So happy!!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted yesterday from 2/28 interview! Is there a facebook group? I can't seem to find it

never mind - found it. Congrats to everyone else accepted and good luck to those on the waitlist!

I still don't know my campus assignment yet (hoping for Philly), but I'm heading down this weekend to check out the school and surrounding areas. I'd love any recommendations for things to do, especially in the realms of cheesesteaks! Thank you all--and as everyone has continued to say, good luck to those deferred or on the waitlist--there is definitely movement going on! I was pulled off the deferred list last Wednesday. So keep the faith!!

I still don't know my campus assignment yet (hoping for Philly), but I'm heading down this weekend to check out the school and surrounding areas. I'd love any recommendations for things to do, especially in the realms of cheesesteaks! Thank you all--and as everyone has continued to say, good luck to those deferred or on the waitlist--there is definitely movement going on! I was pulled off the deferred list last Wednesday. So keep the faith!!
The last time I visited Philly I went to Dalessandro’s and Steve’s Prince of Steaks. To me, both were really good and you can’t go wrong with either. And if you can, stop by the Reading Terminal Market as it’s an extraordinary food experience.

The last time I visited Philly I went to Dalessandro’s and Steve’s Prince of Steaks. To me, both were really good and you can’t go wrong with either. And if you can, stop by the Reading Terminal Market as it’s an extraordinary food experience.
Thank you so much! This is great, I'm so looking forward to experiencing Philly. My S/O and I are trying to decide between two medical schools, either somewhere in-state or Drexel.

This may be a stretch, but would anyone be down to actually meet up in Philly this weekend? I know this may seem like a huge ask, I just feel like this is such a big decision for my partner and me, maybe having a face-to-face with someone who either lives here or is a current medical student would help us out. There is just so much to consider, from match rates, classroom structures, to the city of Philadelphia itself. That being said, my feelings won't be hurt if this comment goes without a reply.

I hope everyone in this forum has a great day!

Angelo’s on 9th and Fitzwater has the best pizza AND cheesesteaks in Philly, hands down. It’s cash only and take out only. You can call ahead and order which I recommend bc it’s always busy and has a 30-45 min wait

Thank you so much! This is great, I'm so looking forward to experiencing Philly. My S/O and I are trying to decide between two medical schools, either somewhere in-state or Drexel.

This may be a stretch, but would anyone be down to actually meet up in Philly this weekend? I know this may seem like a huge ask, I just feel like this is such a big decision for my partner and me, maybe having a face-to-face with someone who either lives here or is a current medical student would help us out. There is just so much to consider, from match rates, classroom structures, to the city of Philadelphia itself. That being said, my feelings won't be hurt if this comment goes without a reply.

I hope everyone in this forum has a great day!
Also make sure you visit the new health science building in uCity, not the old campus in East Falls. I’m a current student, unfortunately can’t meet up this weekend, but here if you have any questions. Congrats again on your acceptances!

Hi could you please message me the link for the Facebook group? I'm not sure if I'm in the right one or if there are multiple
The official one should be directly on your applicant portal once you’re accepted!

Weird so no deferral decisions but some decisions were sent out today

Also make sure you visit the new health science building in uCity, not the old campus in East Falls. I’m a current student, unfortunately can’t meet up this weekend, but here if you have any questions. Congrats again on your acceptances!
Thank you so much! I appreciate the tips! Looking forward to exploring the area. Fingers crossed I end up actually getting assigned to the Philly campus......