2022-2023 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I'm verified since around mid-August. I didn't receive my updated MCAT until August 30th so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm contemplating reaching out to them...
They do a full review of your primary app before sending a secondary since they aren't sending secondaries to all applicants this year. They're most likely still reviewing it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 2.20.37 PM.png

Reactions: 1 users
current M3 here - apologies for not seeing the original question when it was posted (had a busy week) but for future folks with the same question I agree with this assessment. of the interview days I had, I think Brody had some of the chillest vibes, which played no small part in my eventual decision to come here. I'm sure you did great
Having completed my interview in August, I completely agree. This was the most relaxed/conversational interview that I have had so far. I genuinely enjoyed every second of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Having completed my interview in August, I completely agree. This was the most relaxed/conversational interview that I have had so far. I genuinely enjoyed every second of it.
this was actually one of the least conversational ones for me, but it was relaxed/very low stress. like the interviewers were very nice, but it was very different from my other interviews. I don't wanna say more tho in-case its against the NDA

As of October 1, 2022 we have:

• Received 1031 verified AMCAS applications.
  • Completed 82 interviews. All interviews are virtual for the 2022-2023 cycle.
  • First offers of admission begin nationwide on October 15, 2022 for regular decision. Because the date falls over the weekend this year, updates will be made on the following Monday. The Brody School of Medicine does not offer Early Decision.
  • The application deadline is November 1, 2022.
  • Supplemental applications will not be sent to all applicants this cycle. Invitations to complete the next steps will be sent after an initial application review.
  • We are aware of a typo on the supplemental application. Unfortunately, this cannot be changed. The essay word limit has decreased to 250-300 words to accommodate one additional question for the 2022-2023 Cycle.
  • We do not accept updates to your AMCAS application post-submission (for example, new community service hours, additional clinical experiences, job updates, letters of intent, etc.). The only exception is if the Admissions Office contacts you for additional information. Contact information updates-phone number changes, email addresses, mailing addresses, etc. can be accepted and must go through AMCAS.

i'm assuming Brody's cycle is going slower than previous cycles? especially since they are reviewing primaries before even sending people secondaries
Hey! I like your username.

Last year, they interviewed 92 applicants as of October 1. So slightly slower, but not significantly.

Reactions: 2 users
As of October 1, 2022 we have:

• Received 1031 verified AMCAS applications.
  • Completed 82 interviews. All interviews are virtual for the 2022-2023 cycle.
  • First offers of admission begin nationwide on October 15, 2022 for regular decision. Because the date falls over the weekend this year, updates will be made on the following Monday. The Brody School of Medicine does not offer Early Decision.
  • The application deadline is November 1, 2022.
  • Supplemental applications will not be sent to all applicants this cycle. Invitations to complete the next steps will be sent after an initial application review.
  • We are aware of a typo on the supplemental application. Unfortunately, this cannot be changed. The essay word limit has decreased to 250-300 words to accommodate one additional question for the 2022-2023 Cycle.
  • We do not accept updates to your AMCAS application post-submission (for example, new community service hours, additional clinical experiences, job updates, letters of intent, etc.). The only exception is if the Admissions Office contacts you for additional information. Contact information updates-phone number changes, email addresses, mailing addresses, etc. can be accepted and must go through AMCAS.
Thanks for the update. By the way, do you check every day or have an inside connection?!?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
THANK YOU. Interviewed at the end of August.
Congrats on the acceptance!!!! So exciting. Just wanted to confirm was it august or September? Because I remember you said September before. Just trying to see if they’re going by interview date before I have a mini panic attack 😅

Congrats on the acceptance!!!! So exciting. Just wanted to confirm was it august or September? Because I remember you said September before. Just trying to see if they’re going by interview date before I have a mini panic attack 😅
I interviewed 08/18.

II just now! Complete 9/4

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone from the early to mid October interviews heard back yet?

does anyone know if they review apps in chronological order? been complete since mid July and just wanted to know if it’s over for me

I didn't find out I got a secondary until last week because the original email they sent months ago apparently failed to send. I only found out I got one because I received a reminder email to submit my supplemental (would've contacted them earlier but they said they weren't letting people know if they didn't receive a supp). So I contacted the office that day and they resent the link, I then submitted it that day. But it's so late in the cycle now, is there still a shot? I'm hoping that when they send it to be reviewed they let them know I didn't submit this late on purpose. I'm stressed lol

• Angry
  • Sad
Accepted! LM 69 ORM obviously IS, strong interest in primary care and rural med

• Love
Submitted 8/1/22
II & interviewed 9/15/22
Accepted 10/17/22

Good luck everyone! Hang in there.

II received last night. Complete 8/25. For those that have already interviewed, any advice?

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 5.03.54 PM.png

they did 450 interviews last cycle with 1200 people applying. this year only 1064 applicants applied. do you guys think they'll still do 450ish interviews or way less?

View attachment 361439
they did 450 interviews last cycle with 1200 people applying. this year only 1064 applicants applied. do you guys think they'll still do 450ish interviews or way less?
do you think 150+ people will apply by 11/1?!?!?!?! Like people who file their taxes on the last day?!?!?

• Hmm
  • Haha
I can't figure out Pirate Port was anyone able to accept their offer?
I was able to! but the directions are not correct on the acceptance letter. You should go on pirate port and click tuition statements, 1098-T statements, etc. and make sure pop-ups are disabled!

According to Reddit, some people have been getting Rs from Brody.

It'd be cool if a school gives stats for Rs...

1667408877443.png

Just in case you haven't seen this: Decision Timeline

"Conceivably, someone could interview in August or September and not hear from the Admissions Committee until April (by which time all decisions have been made). "