You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MCapensis
Full Member
November interviewer here, the answer is no for me
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes wouldn't hurt, I would emphasize service if you've been up to anythingStill haven’t gotten an II, secondary in early July, LM 68.8 IS, should I sent an update letter/interest letter to the adcom?
Relativity2
New Member
anything else you recommend?Yes wouldn't hurt, I would emphasize service if you've been up to anything
Doesn't hurt to say that your up to date on your projections, I remember an admin saying that helpedanything else you recommend?
medschoolapplicant1999
Full Member
do we know how often they release decisions?
I heard the committee meets on Wednesdays? So possibly another round this Wednesday night? We’ll see [emoji3526] fingers crossed
wantabedoctor
Full Member
So it seems that either it is an A or it is silence. No one has posted about a waitlist, deferral or rejection.
dideperfect123
Full Member
How long are they still sending interview invites?
does anyone who subscribed to the msar want to bless me with the numbers on applied vs interviewed vs matriculated from last year? I wrote down 226 interviews for 4770 applicants but i can't remember if that was in vs oos... seems way too low of an interview number to be the total if they matriculated 165
SMORRO
Full Member
Good afternoon! According to MSAR, here is the info you requested:does anyone who subscribed to the msar want to bless me with the numbers on applied vs interviewed vs matriculated from last year? I wrote down 226 interviews for 4770 applicants but i can't remember if that was in vs oos... seems way too low of an interview number to be the total if they matriculated 165
Applications IS: 1288, Applications OOS: 4770, Interviewed IS: 267, Interviewed OOS: 226, Matriculated IS: 92, Matriculated OOS: 65
All the best to you this cycle, and Happy New Year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!! Given that they probs admitted more than matriculated I'm liking those odds.Good afternoon! According to MSAR, here is the info you requested:
Applications IS: 1288, Applications OOS: 4770, Interviewed IS: 267, Interviewed OOS: 226, Matriculated IS: 92, Matriculated OOS: 65
All the best to you this cycle, and Happy New Year!
luke22skywalker
Full Member
Hello all! I hope everyone’s 2023 is going well! I have had radio silence since I was app complete on 8/31 and I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat/had any more info.
dideperfect123
Full Member
Hello all! I hope everyone’s 2023 is going well! I have had radio silence since I was app complete on 8/31 and I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat/had any more info.
+1
Hello all! I hope everyone’s 2023 is going well! I have had radio silence since I was app complete on 8/31 and I just wanted to see if anyone else was in the same boat/had any more info.
+1
D
deleted1148079
getting an email inviting me to tour when i interviewed in early nov is mean
medschoolapplicant1999
Full Member
getting an email inviting me to tour when i interviewed in early nov is mean
Nobody from November interviews has heard back yet, right? Ive been refreshing my email constantly [emoji23]
D
deleted1148079
idts i also been refreshing alot ;(Nobody from November interviews has heard back yet, right? Ive been refreshing my email constantly [emoji23]
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Totally agree. Invite us for a tour after you give us the A, especially if OOSgetting an email inviting me to tour when i interviewed in early nov is mean
D
deleted1126729
I submitted on 08/21, then on 12/6 received an update saying that I am in the final review stages... nothing else since thencomplete silence from this school since being completed 8/11. Anyone else?
heyheyheyheyheyheyheyhey
Full Member
I got that email too and ended up getting an II, don't stress about it too much!I submitted on 08/21, then on 12/6 received an update saying that I am in the final review stages... nothing else since then
D
deleted1126729
I hope so, do they accept updates? I want to send one if so. Did you send one?I got that email too and ended up getting an II, don't stress about it too much!
KoichiHirose
Full Member
Interviewed in November and got an email today asking if I could do a second interview with date options ranging from literally today to Friday. Anyone else experience this or know how to interpret it?
Wow that's so much later, I guess it's a good sign, better than silenceInterviewed in November and got an email today asking if I could do a second interview with date options ranging from literally today to Friday. Anyone else experience this or know how to interpret it?
D
deleted1148079
Got it yesterday too, I'd assume we get results 2-3 weeks post second interviewInterviewed in November and got an email today asking if I could do a second interview with date options ranging from literally today to Friday. Anyone else experience this or know how to interpret it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got an II! OOS and completed 8/9
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Seeing these updates makes me think that Hackensack truly is incredibly behind schedule as many have eluded to.just got an II! OOS and completed 8/9
One can only hope 😅Seeing these updates makes me think that Hackensack truly is incredibly behind schedule as many have eluded to.
Oh they explicitly said so on my interview day! They said they were running behind where they wanted to be, so I wouldn't be worriedSeeing these updates makes me think that Hackensack truly is incredibly behind schedule as many have eluded to.
just.a.girl.from.brooklyn
Full Member
Did any early November interviews hear back yet or know when they are expected to hear back?
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Nothing yet. They said 6-8 weeks but maybe a bit longer because of the holidays.Did any early November interviews hear back yet or know when they are expected to hear back?
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Good luck on 2nd interview. Was your first interview early or late November?Interviewed in November and got an email today asking if I could do a second interview with date options ranging from literally today to Friday. Anyone else experience this or know how to interpret it?
just.a.girl.from.brooklyn
Full Member
Ok thanks!Nothing yet. They said 6-8 weeks but maybe a bit longer because of the holidays.
Out of curiosity Is the new HUMC ortho residency part of 3+1 curriculum?
MCapensis
Full Member
If I recall correctly, they said it wasn't during admissions day. They said the highly competitive programs are not included.Out of curiosity Is the new HUMC ortho residency part of 3+1 curriculum?
Completed August 1st, preliminary completed Aug 31st, and dead silence since. Anyone else in a similar boat? OOS but very strong ties to NJ and lots of work experience in NJ
+1 (no ties to NJ other than living in NYC tho)Completed August 1st, preliminary completed Aug 31st, and dead silence since. Anyone else in a similar boat? OOS but very strong ties to NJ and lots of work experience in NJ
Gadams0284
Full Member
Just withdrew from my acceptance at this school! Excited to know my spot will go to another deserving applicant 🙂
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Good luck, did they call you or email?Interviewed mid November, just got a second II for this week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Did anyone get an A with just one interview?
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
I was accepted with one interview. Interviewed 9/23. Accepted 12/15.Did anyone get an A with just one interview?
I was accepted with one interview. Interviewed 9/23. Accepted 12/15.
I also was accepted with just one interview.Did anyone get an A with just one interview?
valkywraith2019
Full Member
Got an II here last week. Emailed the admissions office twice to accept within 2 days and have not heard from them to schedule. Also cannot schedule anything in the portal. Anyone in a similar position. Should I call?
They call you pretty close to your interview date- I'd wait until close to thatGot an II here last week. Emailed the admissions office twice to accept within 2 days and have not heard from them to schedule. Also cannot schedule anything in the portal. Anyone in a similar position. Should I call?