2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow no acceptances post Dec interviews?still waiting on my decision, interview mid feb
+1 someone mentioned post II R but haven't seen anything else

Members don't see this ad.

Am feeling admittedly a little peeved after waiting 13.5 weeks to be told to… wait more.

Reactions: 2 users
Am feeling admittedly a little peeved after waiting 13.5 weeks to be told to… wait more.
by peeved i more accurately mean miserable, hope you're all vibing tho

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WL, January interview.
I woke up saw the email and then immediately went back to sleep.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone seen their match this year.

anyone know if everyone will find out about financial aid this week?

• Hmm
Has anyone seen their match this year.
Some of the highlights I remember: 1 Uro @ Columbia, 1 Plastics @ RWJ, 1 ENT @ UTSW, 1 Optho @ I forget, A whole host of people matched within HMH including IM, Peds, EM, Gas, Psych, Neuro, Gen Surg, Family

Are they still interviewing applicants or is the cycle over?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think this is like a real waitlist where we’re stuck waiting until the end of interviews at the earliest or do we think they just sent everyone they didn’t want to reject waitlist notifications so we’d stop calling

just noticed the woman i interviewed with doesn't appear to be in the admissions office anymore... could be part of why things took so long

I just called HMSOM and was told that all merit has been distributed - has anyone received any who got the A since January 1st? So sad if this is true.

I received a full tuition scholarship and am heavily considering it. Do they hand out a lot of these/ would I be able to leverage it with other schools?

I received a full tuition scholarship and am heavily considering it. Do they hand out a lot of these/ would I be able to leverage it with other schools?
Congratulations, that's great! When did you receive your A?

I just called HMSOM and was told that all merit has been distributed - has anyone received any who got the A since January 1st? So sad if this is true.
someone mentioned this earlier in the thread :( i am still waiting on decision but guess there's nothing left until people start withdrawing

did they say when everyone else will get their financial aid offers?

I am wondering whether or not this means everyone has already been notified of their merit aid as well. I was told a while back that I would not hear about any form of merit or need-based financial aid until atleast end of march/early april (which I realize is like now lol)

I am wondering whether or not this means everyone has already been notified of their merit aid as well. I was told a while back that I would not hear about any form of merit or need-based financial aid until atleast end of march/early april (which I realize is like now lol)
I should have asked that specific question but I took it as everyone has been notified who was getting any merit. I dont want you to make any assumptions based on what I was told. Maybe you should call and ask

they told me today via email that they have already distributed all merit aid, as well

• Sad
were people already notified if they did not receive any aid?

Feb acceptance here, I did not receive any word on anything financial yet will be tough for me to choose this school @ 70K+ tuition tbh

Reactions: 4 users
Feb acceptance here, I did not receive any word on anything financial yet will be tough for me to choose this school @ 70K+ tuition tbh
I'll gladly take your spot and accumulate half a million in debt ahahahah

When does Hackensack usually make admissions decisions during the week.

was WL on Friday 3/24 and just got an A offer today
congrats dude that’s great

[insert “damn I wish that were me” react here]
[in other news I did have my tarot cards(?) read this weekend and I was told to expect good news via a card that apparently literally just means “good news will be delivered soon” so this better be me in a week istg]

Interviewed in February and still haven't heard anything... wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat?

Interviewed in February and still haven't heard anything... wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat?
I interviewed recently, but they asked me to do another interview since then. Haven't heard since the second interview.

Last edited:
I interviewed in Feb, but they asked me to do another interview since then. Haven't heard since the second interview.
also interviewed in feb, but no second interview. When did they reach out to schedule the second interview and when did you have it?

Just got my "aid" which consisted of $111k/year in loans (😬) so I'll be withdrawing, hope my seat goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
My merit scholarship wasn’t even included in my aid yet but DAMN this school is expensive

Can someone with an MSAR subscription take screenshots of Hackensack info and post them here? Please and thanks 🙏

You should buy it. It’s not expensive at all in the grand scheme of things, and it’s arguably the most useful tool out there in researching schools.

Edit: everyone is disliking me, but no one is posting the pic asked for. I find that fascinating.
Maybe bc us dislikers also don’t have an MSAR subscription… which I remind you expires after a year and also is literally a way for the AAMC to scam even more money off applicants

Reactions: 3 users
You should buy it. It’s not expensive at all in the grand scheme of things, and it’s arguably the most useful tool out there in researching schools.

Edit: everyone is disliking me, but no one is posting the pic asked for. I find that fascinating.
I get that, but at this point in the cycle it's not the best investment if I'm only interested in info on 4 schools. I think people are disliking because you're willing to comment but you're not willing to help even though you have what was asked for.

Withdrew my A with full tuition scholarship, hope it goes to one of you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users