2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone seen their match this year.
Some of the highlights I remember: 1 Uro @ Columbia, 1 Plastics @ RWJ, 1 ENT @ UTSW, 1 Optho @ I forget, A whole host of people matched within HMH including IM, Peds, EM, Gas, Psych, Neuro, Gen Surg, Family
 
Do we think this is like a real waitlist where we’re stuck waiting until the end of interviews at the earliest or do we think they just sent everyone they didn’t want to reject waitlist notifications so we’d stop calling
 
just noticed the woman i interviewed with doesn't appear to be in the admissions office anymore... could be part of why things took so long
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called HMSOM and was told that all merit has been distributed - has anyone received any who got the A since January 1st? So sad if this is true.
 
I just called HMSOM and was told that all merit has been distributed - has anyone received any who got the A since January 1st? So sad if this is true.
someone mentioned this earlier in the thread 🙁 i am still waiting on decision but guess there's nothing left until people start withdrawing
 
I just called HMSOM and was told that all merit has been distributed - has anyone received any who got the A since January 1st? So sad if this is true.
I am wondering whether or not this means everyone has already been notified of their merit aid as well. I was told a while back that I would not hear about any form of merit or need-based financial aid until atleast end of march/early april (which I realize is like now lol)
 
I am wondering whether or not this means everyone has already been notified of their merit aid as well. I was told a while back that I would not hear about any form of merit or need-based financial aid until atleast end of march/early april (which I realize is like now lol)
I should have asked that specific question but I took it as everyone has been notified who was getting any merit. I dont want you to make any assumptions based on what I was told. Maybe you should call and ask
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was WL on Friday 3/24 and just got an A offer today
congrats dude that’s great

[insert “damn I wish that were me” react here]
[in other news I did have my tarot cards(?) read this weekend and I was told to expect good news via a card that apparently literally just means “good news will be delivered soon” so this better be me in a week istg]
 
I interviewed in Feb, but they asked me to do another interview since then. Haven't heard since the second interview.
also interviewed in feb, but no second interview. When did they reach out to schedule the second interview and when did you have it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should buy it. It’s not expensive at all in the grand scheme of things, and it’s arguably the most useful tool out there in researching schools.

Edit: everyone is disliking me, but no one is posting the pic asked for. I find that fascinating.
Maybe bc us dislikers also don’t have an MSAR subscription… which I remind you expires after a year and also is literally a way for the AAMC to scam even more money off applicants
 
You should buy it. It’s not expensive at all in the grand scheme of things, and it’s arguably the most useful tool out there in researching schools.

Edit: everyone is disliking me, but no one is posting the pic asked for. I find that fascinating.
I get that, but at this point in the cycle it's not the best investment if I'm only interested in info on 4 schools. I think people are disliking because you're willing to comment but you're not willing to help even though you have what was asked for.
 
It looks like there has been movement on the waitlist already; does this mean that people who have not heard back from interviews are pretty much 100% either waitlisted or rejected? Seems to me like a lot of people have not heard back yet.