You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You receive the formal interview invitation/scheduling options after responding to the admission day email.I got the admissions day email, is this their interview invitation?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
10isinsight
New Member
Do they schedule the 1 on 1 interview on the same day as the Virtual Admissions Day or on a different day?
I wrote to them a week ago and haven't heard back yet. Those who have written to them, did you use the portal or did you email directly? Thanks!
Same here, except I submitted 9/6. I'll probably email them in a few days since it's been a month.Do you think I should reach out? I submitted 8/28 but it still hasn’t been marked complete. I know it took some other people about a month.
D
deleted1119806
II IS ORM complete first day
Lmao 6 week interview drought finally ended
Lmao 6 week interview drought finally ended
MichelAngelo1313
Full Member
That's neat. I submitted about the same time but still have not cleared LOR review. Are you IS?posting a little late but submitted 9/8 and was marked complete 9/15
Just wanted to update y'all if you've been waiting to hear back from them. This morning, I sent a message through the portal since it had been a full 7 days since I emailed them, and within an hour, I got the "Preliminary Review Complete" email.I wrote to them a week ago and haven't heard back yet. Those who have written to them, did you use the portal or did you email directly? Thanks!
D
deleted1130343
Admissions said that most people will get a second interview and made it sound like a good thing… (during admissions day)
OOS II received 10/12. complete 08/06. virtual admissions day is scheduled for 10/27, but i'm not sure how far out actual interviews are scheduling.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130343
5 days until they called mehow long did people have to wait to schedule their interview after getting the email for virtual admissions day? it's been a few days and i haven't been notified of anything yet
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Same boat. It's been over a month since I submitted my secondary.how long did it take for u guys to be complete on the portal?
showkayaker
Full Member
took me about a month, i would assume as the number of applications increase it takes them longer to verifySame boat. It's been over a month since I submitted my secondary.
took me about a month, i would assume as the number of applications increase it takes them longer to verify
Took me 14 days. Have not heard back since then though
D
deleted1130343
Just a heads up for people, while my interviewer was certainly friendly and laidback, he did pretty much go down the list of standard interview questions and ask one after the other. So definitely do some sort of prep unless you are good on your feet.
can concur! mine was super sweet but asked standard questionsJust a heads up for people, while my interviewer was certainly friendly and laidback, he did pretty much go down the list of standard interview questions and ask one after the other. So definitely do some sort of prep unless you are good on your feet.
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
For anyone that interviewed already. Was it mentioned at anytime during the virtual admissions day or with the faculty interview when we would hear back? I do not recall hearing a specific date during my admissions day on 9/22.
Same boat. Submitted 9/2 and still havent been verified. I emailed on 10/5 but have not heard backHas anyone who submitted still not had their prerequisites & LOR's verified? I submitted my secondary on 9/6 and still have not been verified. I emailed them last Friday (10/14), but I haven't heard back. Should I call?
Has anyone who submitted still not had their prerequisites & LOR's verified? I submitted my secondary on 9/6 and still have not been verified. I emailed them last Friday (10/14), but I haven't heard back. Should I call?
To anyone else who's still waiting, I emailed them and they just said they're "reviewing applications in the order of which they are received"Same boat. Submitted 9/2 and still havent been verified. I emailed on 10/5 but have not heard back
summertimesadness23
Full Member
Has anyone received an interview who was complete on or after August 31st?
if i did not get a second interview and it has been a week since my interview is that a silent rejection?
No mention of a 2nd interview anywhere on their website which is surprising. Never brought up during my admissions day either.if i did not get a second interview and it has been a week since my interview is that a silent rejection?
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
I also had no second interview and interviewed 9/23 the day after the virtual admissions day. Never saw any mention of a second interview on their website and there was no mention of it from my recollection during the admissions day. I am not reading much into it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
theseappsgothands
Full Member
+2 for no 2nd interview. I had my interview 10/6 which was a couple of days before the info session and my interviewer made no mention that there could be one. If i remember correctly, the adcom on the info call said that a second interview is only happening if they feel like they needed more input (but then again all of those info sessions have blended together in my mind lol).I also had no second interview and interviewed 9/23 the day after the virtual admissions day. Never saw any mention of a second interview on their website and there was no mention of it from my recollection during the admissions day. I am not reading much into it.
I submitted 9/9 and was just verified a couple days ago.To anyone else who's still waiting, I emailed them and they just said they're "reviewing applications in the order of which they are received"
aperolmonkey27
Full Member
II today, complete 8/17. Does anyone happen to know if HMSOM publishes their match lists anywhere?
i found this on last year's threadII today, complete 8/17. Does anyone happen to know if HMSOM publishes their match lists anywhere?
Attachments
II received today
FutureDrMrsStyles
Full Member
II today! IS, submitted 8/14, preliminary review complete 8/24
summertimesadness23
Full Member
Would you mind sharing your complete date and stats?II received today
Does anyone here know any current students, or have any more insight on Hackensack than is provided by their website? I'm curious to hear about what current students think of the school, whether they have a good reputation, and if they have access to research. I'd also love to know more about the accelerated three year program.
Also received a II yesterday. LM 71 and complete early August
Also received a II yesterday. LM 71 and complete early August
during the long q&a at the admission presentation, the med students give you a good idea of what they think of the program! if you want information before the interview, then maybe a current med student that is lurking could provide more detailsDoes anyone here know any current students, or have any more insight on Hackensack than is provided by their website? I'm curious to hear about what current students think of the school, whether they have a good reputation, and if they have access to research. I'd also love to know more about the accelerated three year program.
Also received a II yesterday. LM 71 and complete early August
Complete 8/7/22 3.1 undergrad, 4.0 Post Bac, 503-506 MCAT. I wrote a really strong primary and secondary and In stateWould you mind sharing your complete date and stats?
Congratulations to you and that’s all it takes!Complete 8/7/22 3.1 undergrad, 4.0 Post Bac, 503-506 MCAT. I wrote a really strong primary and secondary and In state
Good luck during your interview!
clubcracker
Full Member
I saw somewhere that the committee makes decisions on Wednesdays. If I interview on Tuesday do you think they will discuss me the next day or the week after?
MS3 here, If you give me more specific questions I can help you better but in general: The school is okay, I've had a good experience overall but by no means a perfect one. Reputation is TBD since the school is still new, give it a couple more years. There are enough research opportunities to go around, shouldn't be an issue though it depends on what specialty you want. Not in the P3R program so can't give you the details on that but it doesn't change the curriculum much, everyone is on the shortened 1.5 yr pre, 1.5 yr clinical schedule. Just the 4th year differs with the P3R students obviously going on to residency.Does anyone here know any current students, or have any more insight on Hackensack than is provided by their website? I'm curious to hear about what current students think of the school, whether they have a good reputation, and if they have access to research. I'd also love to know more about the accelerated three year program.
Also received a II yesterday. LM 71 and complete early August
clubcracker
Full Member
Where did you send thank you letters after the interview? Should I send it to the office of admissions email and ask them to forward it to my interviewer or should I upload it to the applicant portal?
Since there was a "Thank You" option in the portal, I submitted mine there.Where did you send thank you letters after the interview? Should I send it to the office of admissions email and ask them to forward it to my interviewer or should I upload it to the applicant portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clubcracker
Full Member
Most people were in full interview getup and had cameras on. There were 2 people out of 40 in casual clothes. Don't be one of those people lolhow formal is the virtual admissions day? do people usually keep their cameras on and dress formally? jw what to expect
theseappsgothands
Full Member
Just got a call to schedule a second interview. First one was nearly three weeks ago on 10/6, OOS student
premed74632
Full Member
Hi! I sent in my secondary 9/8 and was only marked complete yesterday, right after emailing the school.
I worry that I’m now at a disadvantage for being considered because my application was only forwarded to the admissions committee yesterday, but I submitted 6 weeks ago. I don’t understand what took so long to verify my application. Is the admissions committee now going to think that I only sent in my application now?
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Should I contact the school? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks so much!
I worry that I’m now at a disadvantage for being considered because my application was only forwarded to the admissions committee yesterday, but I submitted 6 weeks ago. I don’t understand what took so long to verify my application. Is the admissions committee now going to think that I only sent in my application now?
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Should I contact the school? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks so much!
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
Looking at their website I saw no mention of a second interview as part of their interview process. Is having a second interview viewed as a positive or negative? Or HMSOM looking to gain more insight into you as a candidate?Just got a call to schedule a second interview. First one was nearly three weeks ago on 10/6, OOS student