You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II an hour ago! Complete 8/23.
Does the interview tend to be before or after the Admissions Day?
Does the interview tend to be before or after the Admissions Day?
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
I had my interview after the Virtual Admissions DayII an hour ago! Complete 8/23.
Does the interview tend to be before or after the Admissions Day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
summertimesadness23
Full Member
Just got an interview invite! was complete 8/16
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?II an hour ago! Complete 8/23.
Does the interview tend to be before or after the Admissions Day?
II just now. LM ~72. Complete 8/24
wantabedoctor
Full Member
II just now, LM 77, completed 8/7
514 MCAT, 3.4x cGPA, 3.8x post baccCongrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
I sent mine in on 9/4 and I am still not complete, even after emailing the school. Do not know how this will affect my applicationHi! I sent in my secondary 9/8 and was only marked complete yesterday, right after emailing the school.
I worry that I’m now at a disadvantage for being considered because my application was only forwarded to the admissions committee yesterday, but I submitted 6 weeks ago. I don’t understand what took so long to verify my application. Is the admissions committee now going to think that I only sent in my application now?
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Should I contact the school? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks so much!
theseappsgothands
Full Member
Absolutely no clue 💀💀Looking at their website I saw no mention of a second interview as part of their interview process. Is having a second interview viewed as a positive or negative? Or HMSOM looking to gain more insight into you as a candidate?
+1 but I'm not verified yet and I emailed them 2 weeks ago lolHi! I sent in my secondary 9/8 and was only marked complete yesterday, right after emailing the school.
I worry that I’m now at a disadvantage for being considered because my application was only forwarded to the admissions committee yesterday, but I submitted 6 weeks ago. I don’t understand what took so long to verify my application. Is the admissions committee now going to think that I only sent in my application now?
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Should I contact the school? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks so much!
premed74632
Full Member
Bizarre. I’m not sure whether to say something to them or not.. 6 weeks is a long time+1 but I'm not verified yet and I emailed them 2 weeks ago lol
premed74632
Full Member
Me neither. I don’t get itI sent mine in on 9/4 and I am still not complete, even after emailing the school. Do not know how this will affect my application
futuredoc2515
Full Member
for those who have been accepted did you have 1 interview or 2?
clubcracker
Full Member
for everyone getting their secondaries verified late i think you'll be fine. I've heard of people getting into med school after submitting secondaries in november. it's rolling so it shouldn't be too bad, especially if it's the school's fault that things are behind.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1130343
no one has been accepted yetfor those who have been accepted did you have 1 interview or 2?
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Any clue when they will start sending A's?no one has been accepted yet
beneficial_oven10
Full Member
I don't recall any specific date for when they would begin to notify interviewed applicants. It is marked as Oct 31st on MSAR but I take those dates with a grain of salt.Any clue when they will start sending A's?
Dec/Jan based on previous yearsAny clue when they will start sending A's?
futuredoc2515
Full Member
Oh lol good to knowno one has been accepted yet
just got a call to set up a second interview! my first was 10/15
clubcracker
Full Member
mine went over 4 hoursdo the admissions days tend to take the full 4 hours?
futuredoc2515
Full Member
How long till they called you after replying to the email?mine went over 4 hours
I replied to the Admissions Day email the same day I got it (Thursday) and haven't heard back yet about scheduling the interview. Is it normal for it to take this long?
SMORRO
Full Member
Good morning! Congratulations on your interview invite! Same thing happened to me, and I called the Admissions Office after not hearing back. They said they would likely reach out the week before Admissions Day to schedule the interview. Best of luck to you!I replied to the Admissions Day email the same day I got it (Thursday) and haven't heard back yet about scheduling the interview. Is it normal for it to take this long?
Thank you 🙂 Good luck to you too!Good morning! Congratulations on your interview invite! Same thing happened to me, and I called the Admissions Office after not hearing back. They said they would likely reach out the week before Admissions Day to schedule the interview. Best of luck to you!
D
deleted1130343
It was 5 business days later for meHow long till they called you after replying to the email?
it took them 12 days to call me, and it was after i sent an email asking if it normally takes this long. i'd recommend reaching out if you don't hear back after a week!How long till they called you after replying to the email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clubcracker
Full Member
took 3 weeks for meHow long till they called you after replying to the email?
Hey guys. Got the really late “your app is now complete” email. Came here to see what’s up. If anyone can help clarify a few things I’m confused about. Thanks
1) is it a normal thing that they are so late in confirming apps? Apparently they haven’t even sent out any As yet, right?
2) should I be expecting only a phone call for a ii? I’m scared I’ll miss it bc I don’t pickup unknown callers much
3) what is the Admissions day thing everyone is talking about? Is that only for ppl who got a ii?
4) was there a mass email sent out for the virtual open house thing some ppl are talking about?
5) oh does everyone get this email notification for the completion of the app?
1) is it a normal thing that they are so late in confirming apps? Apparently they haven’t even sent out any As yet, right?
2) should I be expecting only a phone call for a ii? I’m scared I’ll miss it bc I don’t pickup unknown callers much
3) what is the Admissions day thing everyone is talking about? Is that only for ppl who got a ii?
4) was there a mass email sent out for the virtual open house thing some ppl are talking about?
5) oh does everyone get this email notification for the completion of the app?
SMORRO
Full Member
Good morning! To answer some of your questions:Hey guys. Got the really late “your app is now complete” email. Came here to see what’s up. If anyone can help clarify a few things I’m confused about. Thanks
1) is it a normal thing that they are so late in confirming apps? Apparently they haven’t even sent out any As yet, right?
2) should I be expecting only a phone call for a ii? I’m scared I’ll miss it bc I don’t pickup unknown callers much
3) what is the Admissions day thing everyone is talking about? Is that only for ppl who got a ii?
4) was there a mass email sent out for the virtual open house thing some ppl are talking about?
5) oh does everyone get this email notification for the completion of the app?
1) This one I can't really answer. I was marked complete about 3 weeks after submitting in August.
2) I first received an email notifying me that I had been invited for an interview and that they would call me to schedule. So, you should first receive an email.
3) The Admissions Day is a chance to learn more about the curriculum and school. It occurs prior to your interview, and the invitation to attend is within the interview invite email you receive. So, I believe it is for those who have been offered an interview.
4) This one I cannot answer. Do not remember getting an email for a Virtual Open House.
5) Yes, I believe once your app is complete, everyone should receive an email. I did, and I have seen many other report the same.
Good luck to you! You got this! 🙂
Thx for the answers and clarification. To rephrase #5. Do they screen applicants out before sending that email or does every applicant get a confirmation emailGood morning! To answer some of your questions:
1) This one I can't really answer. I was marked complete about 3 weeks after submitting in August.
2) I first received an email notifying me that I had been invited for an interview and that they would call me to schedule. So, you should first receive an email.
3) The Admissions Day is a chance to learn more about the curriculum and school. It occurs prior to your interview, and the invitation to attend is within the interview invite email you receive. So, I believe it is for those who have been offered an interview.
4) This one I cannot answer. Do not remember getting an email for a Virtual Open House.
5) Yes, I believe once your app is complete, everyone should receive an email. I did, and I have seen many other report the same.
Good luck to you! You got this! 🙂
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Does the school call to book your interview during the weekday or at night? Does it come across on phone as HMSOM or unknown caller? With the call probably during work, it would be helpful to know this. Thanks to all.
Does the school call to book your interview during the weekday or at night? Does it come across on phone as HMSOM or unknown caller? With the call probably during work, it would be helpful to know this. Thanks to all.
I received a call during a weekday and the caller ID said Jersey City, NJ
D
deleted1130343
Mine
came during work hours, a 973 number.Does the school call to book your interview during the weekday or at night? Does it come across on phone as HMSOM or unknown caller? With the call probably during work, it would be helpful to know this. Thanks to all.
also wanted to ask about this because ive been getting calls from different numbers and i dont know if they're all from the admissions office (ie they used one specific phone number to call me about booking my first interview and now a different number from new jersey is calling me)Does the school call to book your interview during the weekday or at night? Does it come across on phone as HMSOM or unknown caller? With the call probably during work, it would be helpful to know this. Thanks to all.
clydetheorangeghost
Full Member
Anyone else have issues with their recommendation letters not being received by the admissions office? AMCAS said there’s nothing wrong but the school can’t access my letters.
I interviewed today, and my interviewer told me they were running behind schedule with post-interview decisions due to some kind of new computer system they're getting used to
any pre-II hold or R for this school? Complete 8/15 and have not heard anything
D
deleted1130343
Any timeline given for when we will hear back?I interviewed today, and my interviewer told me they were running behind schedule with post-interview decisions due to some kind of new computer system they're getting used to
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Learn To Swim!
Full Member
Geez, but that gives me a bit of hope after submitting not a lot after when you did.Just got verified today (was complete on 9/6)
MCapensis
Full Member
II earlier today! OOS, secondary submitted 8/4
See you at admissions day!
Badabingmd
Full Member
Heads up to those Interviewing:
No agenda provided so had no idea what to expect but I assumed they would give us at least 5 minutes between all presentations.
They want cameras on the entire time, which is fine except…
No breaks from 9:45-12:25 (almost 3 hours!!!)
4 lectures straight
5 minute break
12:30
Financial aid
5 minute break
Student q&a 1pm-2pm
Done 2pm
50+ applicants in one zoom
The best part= student q&a
No agenda provided so had no idea what to expect but I assumed they would give us at least 5 minutes between all presentations.
They want cameras on the entire time, which is fine except…
No breaks from 9:45-12:25 (almost 3 hours!!!)
4 lectures straight
5 minute break
12:30
Financial aid
5 minute break
Student q&a 1pm-2pm
Done 2pm
50+ applicants in one zoom
The best part= student q&a