2022-2023 Hofstra

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can you say how many rounds the MMI was?
I think there were 9 stations, with one being a rest station. The stations were 8 minutes each (2 minutes to read the question/think and 6 minutes to discuss). One station is twice as long (16 minutes) and is more traditional-style.

For the comment below about tips, maybe do a mock MMI so you are used to formulating an answer within the time limit. Other than that, don't stress! They were typical MMI questions, with none of them being stumpers. Good luck to all! You've got this 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to calm some nerves for future interviewees -- I finished interviewing recently and this was my 5th MMI circuit. This definitely ranked first. It was the easiest and most fun MMI and I believe that every school should model their questions after them. Very straightforward and you should look forward to interviewing here instead of fearing it!
Seconded, it was my first and only MMI thus far but was very easygoing and I was able to make great conversation with my interviewers despite the little time we had together.
 
Just wanted to calm some nerves for future interviewees -- I finished interviewing recently and this was my 5th MMI circuit. This definitely ranked first. It was the easiest and most fun MMI and I believe that every school should model their questions after them. Very straightforward and you should look forward to interviewing here instead of fearing it!
I'm not sure if I am reading this right, but did you apply to 74 schools?!?!!?! HOW? So much writing....
 
Seconded, it was my first and only MMI thus far but was very easygoing and I was able to make great conversation with my interviewers despite the little time we had together.
Thirded! I was blown away by Hofstra as a whole and the MMI even made me think I'd like MMI's until I did them at another school lol.
 
Seconded, it was my first and only MMI thus far but was very easygoing and I was able to make great conversation with my interviewers despite the little time we had together.
Agreed, and ironically this was the most "conversational" MMI. Instead of the generic follow-up MMI questions that a school usually asks somebody, they specifically tailor their follow-up questions to your responses. They critically think about what you said instead of directly reading a piece of paper telling them the next question to ask. Don't anticipate, just let the conversation flow
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone remember when they said they'd start getting back to us with decisions post-II? I feel like it was December but did they say anything more specifically?
 
Does anyone remember when they said they'd start getting back to us with decisions post-II? I feel like it was December but did they say anything more specifically?
Interviewed yesterday and they said they start rolling them out in December (around the holidays) and go up to March

Didn’t give us a specific day in December tho
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone below the MCAT median been invited for an II here?
Complete 9/14, II 11/28, and my MCAT is farrrr below the median. Like below 515 far. Hofstra is my first choice though, so God may have put His hand in this fr. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the acceptance at this point beyond acing the interview and submitting an LOI?
 
Complete 9/14, II 11/28, and my MCAT is farrrr below the median. Like below 515 far. Hofstra is my first choice though, so God may have put His hand in this fr. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the acceptance at this point beyond acing the interview and submitting an LOI?
Congrats !!! Thanks for the info. I completed secondary in September also.
 
Complete 9/14, II 11/28, and my MCAT is farrrr below the median. Like below 515 far. Hofstra is my first choice though, so God may have put His hand in this fr. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the acceptance at this point beyond acing the interview and submitting an LOI?
I am in the same boat as you now, and I am just worried because I feel like on here and reddit I have seen so much about people getting an II--> asking for feedback from school as to why they got denied post II --> and then the school said if was because of low GPA or MCAT or whatever. So just curious to see what will happen
 
I am in the same boat as you now, and I am just worried because I feel like on here and reddit I have seen so much about people getting an II--> asking for feedback from school as to why they got denied post II --> and then the school said if was because of low GPA or MCAT or whatever. So just curious to see what will happen
I hope we both make it and our personalities show through more than a number ever will. Of course, that's wishful thinking, the MCAT score does matter. The 519 accepted MCAT median is nothing to sneeze at. There's nothing we can do besides put our best foot forward. Good luck on the interview!