2022-2023 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A! Interviewed 9/14

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A! Interviewed 9/9.

Also, for any future SDNers that are as neurotic as me, I did NOT submit a post-II thank you to the portal, but I guess it was okay!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS A! Interviewed 9/9.

Also, for any future SDNers that are as neurotic as me, I did NOT submit a post-II thank you to the portal, but I guess it was okay!

+1. Ask me irl I’ll say it feels disingenuous, but really I just forget to write them the night after my interviews.

Are you guys all getting your acceptances ~9am? AKA should I stop checking my email :(

Has anybody been able to pay the $100 deposit? I was able to complete the forms by opening the portal in incognito mode. Now can't login to the payment portal.

Reactions: 1 user
+1. Ask me irl I’ll say it feels disingenuous, but really I just forget to write them the night after my interviews.
On Hofstra's portal in the interview complete tab, they said "admissions updates will be sent out via email by the end of March. Any substantive updates or other documents that you wish to add to your application in the meantime (including thank you notes although these are unnecessary) may be uploaded through the document upload section of the portal."

So for Hofstra, it doesn't seem like they would have wanted them anyways.

So many As have been given out. I feel pessimisti about our chances.

super bummed. this is my dream school. but until I get the R, i’m holding out hope! maybe we will hear back in smaller batches in January. looks like that happened last year.

edit: interviewed 11/4

Last edited:
  • Care
OOS A! Interview end of October

• Love
Has anybody been able to pay the $100 deposit? I was able to complete the forms by opening the portal in incognito mode. Now can't login to the payment portal.
FYI works now. Seems like there was an issue with the portal before that's been fixed now.

Any chance people who interviewed in the fall will get A or is it most likely WL/R at this point?

Did anyone who recently got accepted have average stats? I recently interviewed in December and I'm worried that I never had a chance to begin with

friendly reminder to anyone who is accepted here but knows they will not attend- please withdraw your spot! some of us are still waiting and would most likely go if accepted! help eachother out :))

friendly reminder to anyone who is accepted here but knows they will not attend- please withdraw your spot! some of us are still waiting and would most likely go if accepted! help eachother out :))
No one knows if they will attend or not because they won't offer scholarships until later. You should wait and not make other people feel bad about getting accepted. It's not a zero sum game

• Hmm
Reactions: 13 users
No one knows if they will attend or not because they won't offer scholarships until later. You should wait and not make other people feel bad about getting accepted. It's not a zero sum game
omg i didn't mean to make people feel bad my bad! i meant if you for sure know you're not going cuz some ppl are lucky enough to know that by now :)

Hi! Did those who interviewed yesterday already receive an email with the survey and our interviewers names?

hmm i thought decisions would have went out this week

Is the C/O 2027 FB page for accepted students already available? Can't find it anywhere.

Has anyone from early November heard back yet? (Post-Christmas holiday)
nov 4th interview here and haven't heard back/ don't know if anyone from nov 4 heard back (don't think I saw anyone from nov 4 on here)

Last edited:
nov 4th interview here and haven't heard back/ don't know if anyone from nov 4 heard back (don't think I saw anyone from nov 4 on here)
I also interviewed on Nov 4th! Fingers crossed for both of us!