You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i remember interviewing with you! congrats, you deserve the world!!!A BY EMAIL!!!!! OOS NON-TRAD! I am shakinggggg
LSU's secondary format was definitely a little unorganized :/Looking for some assistance, I feel pretty stupid but I wasn't expecting LSUs secondary app format to be different from so many other schools. I am a canadian pre-med. I am little confused as to how I access the portal to upload the parts of the secondary application. The email doesn't really explain this. Maybe I am missing something very obvious idk lol, but any help is appreciated 🙂
- Secondary application, Questionnaire, photograph, and supplemental essay are all submitted through the portal which is linked in one of the two emails you got.
- Copy of SS card and driver's license have to be emailed ([email protected])
- app fee has to be sent via check in the mail
Make sure electronically filled out pdfs are actually submitted in edited form, mine kept submitting blank!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
You should have gotten multiple emails. One has a link to the PDFs, and another has a link to the portal to upload. They were sent at the same time I thinkLooking for some assistance, I feel pretty stupid but I wasn't expecting LSUs secondary app format to be different from so many other schools. I am a canadian pre-med. I am little confused as to how I access the portal to upload the parts of the secondary application. The email doesn't really explain this. Maybe I am missing something very obvious idk lol, but any help is appreciated 🙂
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Aweee thank you! It's been a long road (for us all I know). I'll be 36 when I graduate... but all of a sudden that doesn't sound so old to me anymore, since I'll be a 36 year old MD!i remember interviewing with you! congrats, you deserve the world!!!
BIG congrats to you as well!
NFA yesterday. Hoping for an A eventually.
spiceybrass
New Member
Ah I see, I had a weird issue happen in my email where I couldn't see the email with the link. Thank you greatly.LSU's secondary format was definitely a little unorganized :/
- Secondary application, Questionnaire, photograph, and supplemental essay are all submitted through the portal which is linked in one of the two emails you got.
- Copy of SS card and driver's license have to be emailed ([email protected])
- app fee has to be sent via check in the mail
Make sure electronically filled out pdfs are actually submitted in edited form, mine kept submitting blank!
spiceybrass
New Member
Does the permanent residency requirement for international students still apply to Canadian applicants even though we are considered OOS?
Has anyone received any II for RD lately? I've been under review for about a month and half and just wondering
Did you receive an email when you went under review? Not sure where I can check my status. Thanks!Has anyone received any II for RD lately? I've been under review for about a month and half and just wondering
Yeah I got an email on 09/02, but just saw that I can call to get a status update on Thursdays so I might try thatDid you receive an email when you went under review? Not sure where I can check my status. Thanks!
I've been complete since 8/10 and also haven't heard anything so I feel youmy file was marked complete 8/19 - does anyone know if this is late to submit per lsu standards? I have yet to hear anything so feeling the anxiety
anyone else havent heard anything at all yet? Im getting worried. Im in state, LSU grad, 508 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, solid ECs and LORs.
EMWannaBeDoc22
Full Member
anyone else havent heard anything at all yet? Im getting worried. Im in state, LSU grad, 508 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, solid ECs and LORs.
Did you hear from Shreveport yet?
I haven’t heard back anything from NO or Shreveport. Not even a NFA message. I did have a close family friend tell me that this year they are running slower than usual and not to worryanyone else havent heard anything at all yet? Im getting worried. Im in state, LSU grad, 508 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, solid ECs and LORs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uravgapplicanf
Full Member
I sent my signed acceptance letter in the mail.. anyone know if we’ll get a confirmation email that they received it, kinda like the file complete one? Just nervous bc I won’t know if they got it and my seat is confirmed
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Heheh, I was wondering the SAME thing. I want to call to confirm but also don't want to bug them... Something about it still just doesn't feel real!I sent my signed acceptance letter in the mail.. anyone know if we’ll get a confirmation email that they received it, kinda like the file complete one? Just nervous bc I won’t know if they got it and my seat is confirmed
uravgapplicanf
Full Member
right?? well let us know if you end up talking to them!Heheh, I was wondering the SAME thing. I want to call to confirm but also don't want to bug them... Something about it still just doesn't feel real!
nope. im shockedDid you hear from Shreveport yet?
That makes me feel better. Im freaking out. People I know who had my stats and similar experiences had already recieved IIs or interviewed by this time last year. Also what is an NFA? I never know what that means on hereI haven’t heard back anything from NO or Shreveport. Not even a NFA message. I did have a close family friend tell me that this year they are running slower than usual and not to worry
I havent either!! definitely shocked and disappointed ☹️nope. im shocked
No further action— i got one after interviewing. basically they arent accepting you yet or rejecting you. Its not a waitlist, its just that they have not decided on your fate.That makes me feel better. Im freaking out. People I know who had my stats and similar experiences had already recieved IIs or interviewed by this time last year. Also what is an NFA? I never know what that means on here
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
They sent me a confirmation emailI sent my signed acceptance letter in the mail.. anyone know if we’ll get a confirmation email that they received it, kinda like the file complete one? Just nervous bc I won’t know if they got it and my seat is confirmed
merrymed
New Member
They sent me a confirmation email
The only email I received was that they aren’t requiring the $100 deposit this year. Should I be worried? Has everyone else received a confirmation email?
hotbeefsammy
Full Member
Yeah I got that one too. I already sent the check though 🥲. They sent me separate confirmations for my transcript and acceptance letter. They are probably just processing yours though.The only email I received was that they aren’t requiring the $100 deposit this year. Should I be worried? Has everyone else received a confirmation email?
Also sent in a check before being notified it wasn’t necessary 😭. They already mailed it back to me but kept the signed letter; no separate confirmation email though 😬Yeah I got that one too. I already sent the check though 🥲. They sent me separate confirmations for my transcript and acceptance letter. They are probably just processing yours though.
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
I ended up just calling to confirm! So easy, also I asked about second look day and right now its scheduled for March 3 but that's not final.Also sent in a check before being notified it wasn’t necessary 😭. They already mailed it back to me but kept the signed letter; no separate confirmation email though 😬
merrymed
New Member
Also sent in a check before being notified it wasn’t necessary [emoji24]. They already mailed it back to me but kept the signed letter; no separate confirmation email though [emoji51]
I ended up emailing them and got a confirmation email a few minutes later! Also, is there a GroupMe for accepted applicants yet?
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
I don't think so, but I'd love to connect!I ended up emailing them and got a confirmation email a few minutes later! Also, is there a GroupMe for accepted applicants yet?
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
Hi everyone, do y'all think it would be a waste of time/bad idea for me to submit my primary app for LSU this late? 518 MCAT, 3.86 undergrad GPA, 3.89 grad GPA. I was planning to apply much earlier, but *life*, so I decided to postpone til next cycle. I got my MCAT score about a week ago though and was stunned at how well I did, now can't decide if I should just shoot my shot this cycle! Anyone know what the chances are for applicants who submit this late in the cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you an IS residentHi everyone, do y'all think it would be a waste of time/bad idea for me to submit my primary app for LSU this late? 518 MCAT, 3.86 undergrad GPA, 3.89 grad GPA. I was planning to apply much earlier, but *life*, so I decided to postpone til next cycle. I got my MCAT score about a week ago though and was stunned at how well I did, now can't decide if I should just shoot my shot this cycle! Anyone know what the chances are for applicants who submit this late in the cycle?
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
Yes!Are you an IS resident
LSU likes IS applications a lot, but it is also super late into the cycle. I personally would recommend that you just beef up your ECs and apply next cycle it is kinda late for secondaries IMO. But that is just my opinionYes!
noMoreGapYears
Full Member
If you instate and have the money I’d go for it!Hi everyone, do y'all think it would be a waste of time/bad idea for me to submit my primary app for LSU this late? 518 MCAT, 3.86 undergrad GPA, 3.89 grad GPA. I was planning to apply much earlier, but *life*, so I decided to postpone til next cycle. I got my MCAT score about a week ago though and was stunned at how well I did, now can't decide if I should just shoot my shot this cycle! Anyone know what the chances are for applicants who submit this late in the cycle?
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
I think I’d be mad at myself if I didn’t at least give it a shot this year, thanks for your input!If you instate and have the money I’d go for it!
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
I think I’m gonna submit just in case I get lucky, but I’m also def gonna beef up my ECs before next summer, thank you for sharing your opinion 🙂LSU likes IS applications a lot, but it is also super late into the cycle. I personally would recommend that you just beef up your ECs and apply next cycle it is kinda late for secondaries IMO. But that is just my opinion
You got this! Maybe I'll see you there if we both get luckyI think I’m gonna submit just in case I get lucky, but I’m also def gonna beef up my ECs before next summer, thank you for sharing your opinion 🙂
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
Best of luck to you!!You got this! Maybe I'll see you there if we both get lucky
II invite via email just now! In state
Awesome, congrats! When were you complete / under active review?II invite via email just now! In state
II invite via email few minutes ago!! in state, completed August 26th, never got active review email
Thank you! Was honestly surprised it came at a super random time but I guess they all do. Complete 8/1 and got active consideration email 8/19Awesome, congrats! When were you complete / under active review?
The last email I have from them mentions “you can call to check your app for status updates on Thursdays.” Has anyone taken them up on this? Is it considered rude to ask for status updates? - I don’t want to annoy them or anything…What might they even say in a random status update - “we think we’ll reject you but we’re not sure yet”?
I’ve asked and they just say “you’re currently under review “ and don’t give me any more informationThe last email I have from them mentions “you can call to check your app for status updates on Thursdays.” Has anyone taken them up on this? Is it considered rude to ask for status updates? - I don’t want to annoy them or anything…What might they even say in a random status update - “we think we’ll reject you but we’re not sure yet”?
I had my interviews this week and do not trust I wrote the name of one interviewer correctly (especially since I cannot find them anywhere online) --does it look bad to email to get a name confirm for a thank you???
I also couldn't tell if they were trying to discourage thank yous?...
I also couldn't tell if they were trying to discourage thank yous?...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i dont think so. you could email the admissions office or even google the name you have—if its close enough you can probably find them. all the LSU faculty should have photos online.I had my interviews this week and do not trust I wrote the name of one interviewer correctly (especially since I cannot find them anywhere online) --does it look bad to email to get a name confirm for a thank you???
I also couldn't tell if they were trying to discourage thank yous?...
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
I had my interviews this week and do not trust I wrote the name of one interviewer correctly (especially since I cannot find them anywhere online) --does it look bad to email to get a name confirm for a thank you???
I also couldn't tell if they were trying to discourage thank yous?...
I emailed admissions after my email to confirm a name cause I was having the same issue!
They never got back to me haha, but I still sent a letter based on a name what I found on LSU’s site that I was pretty sure was accurate… I ended up getting an A, so I don’t think it affected anything either way.
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
I emailed admissions after my email to confirm a name cause I was having the same issue!
They never got back to me haha, but I still sent a letter based on a name what I found on LSU’s site that I was pretty sure was accurate… I ended up getting an A, so I don’t think it affected anything either way.
Lol after my interview not email… why do I think I can multitask[emoji849]
tigerzfan7763
New Member
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group yet for accepted applicants? I know there has been one for past classes including last years.
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
How fast did y’all receive the invitation to submit secondaries after getting verified?