2022-2023 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello friends!
I made a groupme for 22-23 ED + RD applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Did any of y'all ED applicants receive an II this week? Still crickets from Mercer for me :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a reapplicant to Mercer, and this year I applied ED. any advice on how to tackle any questions related to me being a reapplicant?

How did you respond to "6. Please explain to the Admissions Committee factors that you could not highlight above that would help the Admissions Committee better understand your unique circumstances. If you would like to briefly highlight any substantial updates with regard to your application (example, volunteer experiences) that have occurred after you submitted the Primary AMCAS Application, please summarize them below."
Is this like an optional essay, or should i elaborate on something?

I'm a reapplicant to Mercer, and this year I applied ED. any advice on how to tackle any questions related to me being a reapplicant?
I would talk about what you have done during the time between the previous application and the current one. How have you improved and were you able to address some of the weaknesses in your app from the previous cycle? Use this question to emphasize your growth!

How did you respond to "6. Please explain to the Admissions Committee factors that you could not highlight above that would help the Admissions Committee better understand your unique circumstances. If you would like to briefly highlight any substantial updates with regard to your application (example, volunteer experiences) that have occurred after you submitted the Primary AMCAS Application, please summarize them below."
Is this like an optional essay, or should i elaborate on something?
I used this question to elaborate on unique work experiences that I was not able to emphasize in my primary application. Some people may use this section as a general update essay but if you do not have any new experiences, expanding on previous experiences may be helpful.

I am not sure about the status of other applicants; however, I am an ED applicant who is still pending a potential interview invitation at this time.
Me too. I know there’s still time until the 16th, but I feel like they will start sending RD interview invites when there aren’t any ED applicants left that they want to seriously consider. And given that RD interview invites went out around this time last year, I’m a little worried

Members don't see this ad :)
RD no II yet.Complete on 8/10. Anyone else waiting for II ?

Reactions: 2 users
ED applicant, received my deferral to RD today via email :( Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview! And good luck to the rest of us. We got this!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone receive an application complete email? It says in my portal that it has been complete for a long time now but have never received an email.

Did anyone receive an application complete email? It says in my portal that it has been complete for a long time now but have never received an email.
Never got a complete email either, just that they have my secondary. It says complete on the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
So ED decisions will be released on Friday, 9/30?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm an ED applicant and just received my deferral to RD via email. Good luck to everyone else :)

Anyone familiar with odds of serious consideration after being deferred into RD from the ED pool?

Anyone familiar with odds of serious consideration after being deferred into RD from the ED pool?
it definitely happens! i'm not sure the odds (was rejected after being deferred and then waitlisted last year) but i know people who were accepted

From browsing older SDN forums the odds look pretty low as most got waitlisted in March, but sample size is quite small with only 5-6 applicants that posted about ED deferral across the past 3 cycles.

Has any one got accepted in ED pool on this group ?

Last edited:
Have any RD applicants received an II recently?

Any deferred ED applicants hear back about an RD interview yet? It’s still early ik

+1 on II received today! I was complete around 8/4. :)

can anybody who has interviewed shed some light on the structure/timing of the interview day? I just need to decide how much time to take off from work!

The interview lasts from 10-1. There’s an initial 45 mins of introductions, then you have 45 mins with your interviewers. Then a small break and you resume at noon with a virtual “lunch” with the student ambassadors. Everything wraps up around 1.

The interview lasts from 10-1. There’s an initial 45 mins of introductions, then you have 45 mins with your interviewers. Then a small break and you resume at noon with a virtual “lunch” with the student ambassadors. Everything wraps up around 1.
Awesome! Thank you!