You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Mercer
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did any of y'all ED applicants receive an II this week? Still crickets from Mercer for me 🙁
I got one on Wednesday, Aug. 17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MUSM sends out ED II through 9/16!Did any of y'all ED applicants receive an II this week? Still crickets from Mercer for me 🙁
Application Deadlines | Doctor of Medicine
How did you respond to "6. Please explain to the Admissions Committee factors that you could not highlight above that would help the Admissions Committee better understand your unique circumstances. If you would like to briefly highlight any substantial updates with regard to your application (example, volunteer experiences) that have occurred after you submitted the Primary AMCAS Application, please summarize them below."
Is this like an optional essay, or should i elaborate on something?
Is this like an optional essay, or should i elaborate on something?
I would talk about what you have done during the time between the previous application and the current one. How have you improved and were you able to address some of the weaknesses in your app from the previous cycle? Use this question to emphasize your growth!I'm a reapplicant to Mercer, and this year I applied ED. any advice on how to tackle any questions related to me being a reapplicant?
I used this question to elaborate on unique work experiences that I was not able to emphasize in my primary application. Some people may use this section as a general update essay but if you do not have any new experiences, expanding on previous experiences may be helpful.How did you respond to "6. Please explain to the Admissions Committee factors that you could not highlight above that would help the Admissions Committee better understand your unique circumstances. If you would like to briefly highlight any substantial updates with regard to your application (example, volunteer experiences) that have occurred after you submitted the Primary AMCAS Application, please summarize them below."
Is this like an optional essay, or should i elaborate on something?
nopeHas anyone RD heard back yet?
I am not sure about the status of other applicants; however, I am an ED applicant who is still pending a potential interview invitation at this time.Has anyone RD heard back yet?
Me too. I know there’s still time until the 16th, but I feel like they will start sending RD interview invites when there aren’t any ED applicants left that they want to seriously consider. And given that RD interview invites went out around this time last year, I’m a little worriedI am not sure about the status of other applicants; however, I am an ED applicant who is still pending a potential interview invitation at this time.
RD II. Complete 7/20
peachstatepride
Full Member
Stats?RD II. Complete 7/20
LM ~72Stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RD II, LM 72
cuteaspuppies
Full Member
Did anyone receive an application complete email? It says in my portal that it has been complete for a long time now but have never received an email.
Never got a complete email either, just that they have my secondary. It says complete on the portal.Did anyone receive an application complete email? It says in my portal that it has been complete for a long time now but have never received an email.
student6570
Full Member
II today! IS, LM ~ 69, reapplicant
So ED decisions will be released on Friday, 9/30?
cuteaspuppies
Full Member
When did you submit your secondary?II today! IS, LM ~ 69, reapplicant
student6570
Full Member
7/11When did you submit your secondary?
jdmd1998
jdmd1014
Did they announce this? Or is this a predictionSo ED decisions will be released on Friday, 9/30?
Did they announce this? Or is this a prediction
It says on their website. I could see them coming out as early as today though
peachstatepride
Full Member
One of my friends was just accepted ED to Mercer earlier today.It says on their website. I could see them coming out as early as today though
Anyone familiar with odds of serious consideration after being deferred into RD from the ED pool?
Same! Good luck everyone!I'm an ED applicant and just received my deferral to RD via email. Good luck to everyone else 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
student6570
Full Member
it definitely happens! i'm not sure the odds (was rejected after being deferred and then waitlisted last year) but i know people who were acceptedAnyone familiar with odds of serious consideration after being deferred into RD from the ED pool?
I'm an ED applicant and just received my deferral to RD via email. Good luck to everyone else 🙂
More deferred than expected!Same! Good luck everyone!
Always there is hope! Good Luck
Last edited:
From browsing older SDN forums the odds look pretty low as most got waitlisted in March, but sample size is quite small with only 5-6 applicants that posted about ED deferral across the past 3 cycles.Anyone familiar with odds of serious consideration after being deferred into RD from the ED pool?
cuteaspuppies
Full Member
Does anyone know if they review applications chronologically?
nopeHave any RD applicants received an II recently?
II todayHave any RD applicants received an II recently?
Do you remember when you submitted your secondary?II today
The interview lasts from 10-1. There’s an initial 45 mins of introductions, then you have 45 mins with your interviewers. Then a small break and you resume at noon with a virtual “lunch” with the student ambassadors. Everything wraps up around 1.
Awesome! Thank you!The interview lasts from 10-1. There’s an initial 45 mins of introductions, then you have 45 mins with your interviewers. Then a small break and you resume at noon with a virtual “lunch” with the student ambassadors. Everything wraps up around 1.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
student306
Full Member
when can we expect to hear back
I got an II today too 🙂
Congrats! When we’re you complete?
ms.futuredoc1234
New Member
I did! Like a few minutes ago
Do you guys think RD hears back today?
student6570
Full Member
omg!! congrats! when was your interview?? did your interviewer call you?I did! Like a few minutes ago