You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Mercer
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got an A a few minutes ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I lived in metro ATL until I was 18, then spent several years in a big city. I'm now back in GA in a much smaller city, but I have a few clinical experiences in rural areas that I was able to draw upon for my essays. I ended up with an II here and I am super happy about it. I don't necessarily think that being from or living in metro Atlanta will disadvantage you as long as you were able to genuinely talk about why the rural health mission speaks to you 🙂If you don’t mind me asking, where in Georgia are y’all from? I’m in metro Atlanta, and I’m not sure how seriously the adcom is considering my application because of it.
echoing what fd25 said above. I’m been in GA since I was 8 and have not received an II here. This school is VERY mission focused so whether or not you’re new to GA doesn’t matter. They value rural experiences a lot which I don’t have.
student6570
Full Member
did you receive an email as well? or just a phone call so far?Got an A a few minutes ago
Just the calldid you receive an email as well? or just a phone call so far?
Although I am from a rural area, I don't think it had much impact. They were far more interested in making sure I was commited to rural medicine and my experiences in it.
Thanks! I was complete on August 3rd.Congrats! When we’re you complete?
Anyone receive an II lately? Complete on 08/03
still waiting...complete 7/1Anyone receive an II lately? Complete on 08/03
peachstatepride
Full Member
+1 🙁still waiting...complete 7/1
I wonder if they send them out on specific days? Like the first and last Monday and Friday of the month
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking through this year's page and it seems that most go out either on Monday on Friday so fingers crossed. Hoping something comes by the end of this week! Good luck to everyone
complete mid Aug. Still waiting for IIstill waiting...complete 7/1
Also waiting. Complete 7/7still waiting...complete 7/1
On the document status page of the mercer portal underneath "letters of recommendation" all of my letters are listed along with the date and time they were received. Underneath the listed letters, there is another label that says "Letters of recommendation entered by admissions". The space beneath this label is blank with no letters listed. Is this how everyone else's is or do I need to call?
yeah, I think that bottom section is if they received any LORs by mail, and they are letting you know they were received and manually entered into your file.On the document status page of the mercer portal underneath "letters of recommendation" all of my letters are listed along with the date and time they were received. Underneath the listed letters, there is another label that says "Letters of recommendation entered by admissions". The space beneath this label is blank with no letters listed. Is this how everyone else's is or do I need to call?
Me frantically checking SDN, Reddit, posts from previous cycles, Groupme, and possibly anything else and desperately hoping for a II. Tomorrow could be the day my fellow applicants!
Can relate it 100%Me frantically checking SDN, Reddit, posts from previous cycles, Groupme, and possibly anything else and desperately hoping for a II. Tomorrow could be the day my fellow applicants!
![]()
Any updates with interviews?
Has anyone contacted admissions regarding their status or where their application is in the process? And if so did you call or email?
Any updates with interviews?
Nothing yet, hopefully that II is coming our way soon [emoji16]
I was wondering if we should do this. If you reach please let me know how it goesHas anyone contacted admissions regarding their status or where their application is in the process? And if so did you call or email?
nothing yetAny updates with interviews?
I called the normal phone number twice- went to VM and I left a message. I then called the number that was the office that was listed under the Assistant Director of Admissions & Enrollment. I was calling because apparently even though they had my LORs and everything was complete back in august, it stated "received" on the portal for a date this week!I was wondering if we should do this. If you reach please let me know how it goes
Someone answered for that number, however they were not helpful at all and could not give me an explanation as to why it said that etc.
Looks like it's gonna be coming on Mondaynothing yet
Dang. I'm sorry to hear that. Try calling again on Monday and maybe speaking with somebody else?I called the normal phone number twice- went to VM and I left a message. I then called the number that was the office that was listed under the Assistant Director of Admissions & Enrollment. I was calling because apparently even though they had my LORs and everything was complete back in august, it stated "received" on the portal for a date this week!
Someone answered for that number, however they were not helpful at all and could not give me an explanation as to why it said that etc.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cuteaspuppies
Full Member
Did anyone else have the date of their letters of recommendations change? For example, I submitted my secondary in July and it said they were received then, but now it says they were received in September....
Did you ever add another school or resubmit your app on AMCAS? I had my LORs early in too, but in september updated something on AMCAS, and it changed my date for a bunch on schools on their portal.Did anyone else have the date of their letters of recommendations change? For example, I submitted my secondary in July and it said they were received then, but now it says they were received in September....
This happened to me!Did anyone else have the date of their letters of recommendations change? For example, I submitted my secondary in July and it said they were received then, but now it says they were received in September....
cuteaspuppies
Full Member
Hmmm I got my AAMC preview scores around the day it says now, maybe that could be it???Did you ever add another school or resubmit your app on AMCAS? I had my LORs early in too, but in september updated something on AMCAS, and it changed my date for a bunch on schools on their portal.
That could be it, but I don't think mercer required preview right?Hmmm I got my AAMC preview scores around the day it says now, maybe that could be it???
Have you guys heard anything back yet?
II today!!Have you guys heard anything back yet?
peachstatepride
Full Member
What time?II today!!
I got the email around 11:30What time?
Congratulations!! If you are willing, would you mind sharing your stats?II today!!
Congratulations... What dates available for interviews?II today!!
Do you mind sharing when you were complete?II today!!
cuteaspuppies
Full Member
Has anyone emailed recently? How long did it take to get a response?
Has anyone emailed recently? How long did it take to get a response?
admissions has seemed super responsive. I’ve reached out a couple of times and have generally heard back either same day or the next day!Has anyone emailed recently? How long did it take to get a response?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! And they only had two dates to choose from- 11/3 and 11/15.Congratulations... What dates available for interviews?
I turned in my secondary 8/5Do you mind sharing when you were complete?
LM~64. I retook my mcat in the middle of this cycle, and also sent update letters specific to the schools which I hope helped schools see improvement / realize I'm working on new things.Congratulations!! If you are willing, would you mind sharing your stats?
Praying for II .anyone think another wave of II's are possible friday? Seems like the one Monday was on the smaller side unless all of the invitees are not active on SDN or on the groupme.