2022-2023 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! But yes I wasn’t expecting a call after 5pm. But it was one of my interviewers and I interviewed 9/27

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have got accepted, were you born or raised in Georgia? I feel that me being new to the area (a year) is holding me back. Or at least that is what I’m telling myself.

Reactions: 1 user
If you don’t mind me asking, where in Georgia are y’all from? I’m in metro Atlanta, and I’m not sure how seriously the adcom is considering my application because of it.

If you don’t mind me asking, where in Georgia are y’all from? I’m in metro Atlanta, and I’m not sure how seriously the adcom is considering my application because of it.
I lived in metro ATL until I was 18, then spent several years in a big city. I'm now back in GA in a much smaller city, but I have a few clinical experiences in rural areas that I was able to draw upon for my essays. I ended up with an II here and I am super happy about it. I don't necessarily think that being from or living in metro Atlanta will disadvantage you as long as you were able to genuinely talk about why the rural health mission speaks to you :)

echoing what fd25 said above. I’m been in GA since I was 8 and have not received an II here. This school is VERY mission focused so whether or not you’re new to GA doesn’t matter. They value rural experiences a lot which I don’t have.

Reactions: 2 users
Most of my clinical experience is in metro Atlanta but I do have some clinical experience in rural north Georgia. Hope I hear back from Mercer soon but seems unlikely since they deferred me from ED

Although I am from a rural area, I don't think it had much impact. They were far more interested in making sure I was commited to rural medicine and my experiences in it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they send them out on specific days? Like the first and last Monday and Friday of the month

I was looking through this year's page and it seems that most go out either on Monday on Friday so fingers crossed. Hoping something comes by the end of this week! Good luck to everyone

On the document status page of the mercer portal underneath "letters of recommendation" all of my letters are listed along with the date and time they were received. Underneath the listed letters, there is another label that says "Letters of recommendation entered by admissions". The space beneath this label is blank with no letters listed. Is this how everyone else's is or do I need to call?

On the document status page of the mercer portal underneath "letters of recommendation" all of my letters are listed along with the date and time they were received. Underneath the listed letters, there is another label that says "Letters of recommendation entered by admissions". The space beneath this label is blank with no letters listed. Is this how everyone else's is or do I need to call?
yeah, I think that bottom section is if they received any LORs by mail, and they are letting you know they were received and manually entered into your file.

Me frantically checking SDN, Reddit, posts from previous cycles, Groupme, and possibly anything else and desperately hoping for a II. Tomorrow could be the day my fellow applicants!

Animated GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Me frantically checking SDN, Reddit, posts from previous cycles, Groupme, and possibly anything else and desperately hoping for a II. Tomorrow could be the day my fellow applicants!

Animated GIF
Can relate it 100%

Has anyone contacted admissions regarding their status or where their application is in the process? And if so did you call or email?

I was wondering if we should do this. If you reach please let me know how it goes
I called the normal phone number twice- went to VM and I left a message. I then called the number that was the office that was listed under the Assistant Director of Admissions & Enrollment. I was calling because apparently even though they had my LORs and everything was complete back in august, it stated "received" on the portal for a date this week!

Someone answered for that number, however they were not helpful at all and could not give me an explanation as to why it said that etc.

I called the normal phone number twice- went to VM and I left a message. I then called the number that was the office that was listed under the Assistant Director of Admissions & Enrollment. I was calling because apparently even though they had my LORs and everything was complete back in august, it stated "received" on the portal for a date this week!

Someone answered for that number, however they were not helpful at all and could not give me an explanation as to why it said that etc.
Dang. I'm sorry to hear that. Try calling again on Monday and maybe speaking with somebody else?

Did anyone else have the date of their letters of recommendations change? For example, I submitted my secondary in July and it said they were received then, but now it says they were received in September....

Did anyone else have the date of their letters of recommendations change? For example, I submitted my secondary in July and it said they were received then, but now it says they were received in September....
Did you ever add another school or resubmit your app on AMCAS? I had my LORs early in too, but in september updated something on AMCAS, and it changed my date for a bunch on schools on their portal.

This happened to me!

Did you ever add another school or resubmit your app on AMCAS? I had my LORs early in too, but in september updated something on AMCAS, and it changed my date for a bunch on schools on their portal.
Hmmm I got my AAMC preview scores around the day it says now, maybe that could be it???

Anybody with a high 49X MCAT gotten an interview with Mercer?

Congratulations!! If you are willing, would you mind sharing your stats?
LM~64. I retook my mcat in the middle of this cycle, and also sent update letters specific to the schools which I hope helped schools see improvement / realize I'm working on new things.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone think another wave of II's are possible friday? Seems like the one Monday was on the smaller side unless all of the invitees are not active on SDN or on the groupme.