2022-2023 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone think another wave of II's are possible friday? Seems like the one Monday was on the smaller side unless all of the invitees are not active on SDN or on the groupme.
Praying for II .

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any tips/advice for interviews here?
This interview is very conversational, try to relax and be yourself. Be aware that this is open file, so they may ask questions pertaining directly to what you wrote there. Also, this is a purpose-driven school, and you need to be articulate about your purpose and vision for pursuing an MD. And remember, you got an interview, which as a huge accomplishment! Good luck

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed at the beginning of October heard anything back yet? Or does anyone know when we should expect to hear something? - Thanks

Has anyone who interviewed at the beginning of October heard anything back yet? Or does anyone know when we should expect to hear something? - Thanks
Rumor has it that they meet and release acceptances on the third Wednesday of every month, so potentially next week. But who knows :)

Reactions: 1 user
ll received on 11/10. anyone have any advice that has interviewed there & know the interview style?

ll received on 11/10. anyone have any advice that has interviewed there & know the interview style?
Congrats! I would say just prepare by understanding Mercer’s mission and why it speaks to you!

Edit: you will be interviewed by two people simultaneously. One will be on admissions and one will be either a community representative or faculty.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am absolutely shivering in my boots knowing that calls might be made tomorrow 🥹

I did not get II yet but got an update from Mercer asking me to send notarized documents. Is this a positive sign ?

I did not get II yet but got an update from Mercer asking me to send notarized documents. Is this a positive sign ?
Looks like they're actively reviewing your app. If you're IS (which notary will confirm), could be a good sign. I'd get back to them asap

Looks like they're actively reviewing your app. If you're IS (which notary will confirm), could be a good sign. I'd get back to them asap
Thanks ! Got it today -will get back to them tomorrow

Was accepted at 6:13pm tonight via email!! They said my official call would happen tomorrow morning. Submitted secondary on 8/30. Interviewed 10/18. LM=72.

Reactions: 3 users
Was accepted at 6:13pm tonight via email!! They said my official call would happen tomorrow morning. Submitted secondary on 8/30. Interviewed 10/18. LM=72.
Congratulations!! Did your interviewer email you personally?

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone else have an interview on 11/29? wondering if they have given out anymore since it seems pretty quiet on here?

Any other October interviewees who haven't heard anything yet? Saw the acceptances on here this past week and feeling... nervous :/

How do you guys think the break will impact hearing back from them? Interviewed a couple of weeks ago and am very anxious!

How do you guys think the break will impact hearing back from them? Interviewed a couple of weeks ago and am very anxious!
This was posted earlier in November and the thread showed several A’s after the third Wednesday of November.

With that said, I don’t imagine either the Thanksgiving or winter break will have too much impact. But that is just an assumption.

Rumor has it that they meet and release acceptances on the third Wednesday of every month, so potentially next week. But who knows :)

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed ED but was moved to RD hear anything yet?

For those who have interviewed, when did admissions send you the zoom links and interview day info? I interview Thursday and haven’t received the specifics yet.

II received yesterday at noon. Application complete 10/13.

For those who have interviewed, when did admissions send you the zoom links and interview day info? I interview Thursday and haven’t received the specifics yet.
I received my zoom link 1 week before I interviewed. May want to reach out to admissions. However, the actual people I was interviewing with wasn’t sent till the morning of the interview.

I received my zoom link 1 week before I interviewed. May want to reach out to admissions. However, the actual people I was interviewing with wasn’t sent till the morning of the interview.
Received the zoom link at lunch today!

Anyone that was deferred post-interview from ED hear anything back? Looking like it'll be March when waitlist begins, but not sure.

Reactions: 2 users
I think this what's going to happen unfortunately.. they seem to be interviewing late (eg Jan) this year and likely won't review the ED cohort until they've finished RD interviews

for anyone who has interview recently, do you think they will meet for the 3rd wednesday in december or wait until january?
i know that week is christmas break but not sure if they will still meet.

for anyone who has interview recently, do you think they will meet for the 3rd wednesday in december or wait until january?
i know that week is christmas break but not sure if they will still meet.
I was wondering the same thing. It would be the 21st, but at the same time I'm like will they do it maybe earlier or later due to the holidays?

I was wondering the same thing. It would be the 21st, but at the same time I'm like will they do it maybe earlier or later due to the holidays?
hopefully they meet earlier! an acceptance before christmas would be amazing!

Hey y’all! Current Mercer med student here. Just wanted to hop on here to hopefully give y’all a little bit of peace of mind, as I know this is a stressful time. But Mercer is a great school that tends to pick the most passionate students. They are very mission focused when reviewing applications. Yes, they can be a little slow with the application process. For example, I interviewed last year in September and did not receive my acceptance until May. So with that being said, be patient and trust that you will get in… if not at Mercer, somewhere! If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them

P.s. for those accepted, there are Facebook groups for the Savannah and Columbus campuses (not sure about Macon yet). I would advise you join to learn more about your classmates and get help with finding housing early

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users