2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I have seen on SDN 2021-2022, tons of people got waitlisted around mid to late February. I would've given myself an aneurysm if I saw a WL and didn't realize that everyone is getting WLed.
Omg that's still so scary

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I established a good connection with my interviewer back in December and plan to email her this week to see if she would have any info about decisions- she seemed genuinely invested in my cycle and told me to “let her know of any news I receive.” I’ll report back soon if she has any news!
Hi everyone,
My interviewer got back to me and she said that she reached out to the admissions committee and they said “they would be meeting again mid-February” and there would likely “be more info after that time.”

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone,
My interviewer got back to me and she said that she reached out to the admissions committee and they said “they would be meeting again mid-February” and there would likely “be more info after that time.”

Did she say if any decisions would be released before then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone look into housing yet? Seems like there aren't a lot of options. I have two cats so that limits me a bit as well. I'm looking for unfurnished, one bedroom.

Did she say if any decisions would be released before then?
I am not the user who you are asking, but with my judgment of the language OP was using, the committee is not releasing any decisions until it meets again.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my A here. I hope it goes to one of y'all! Good luck everybody!

If you don’t mind me asking, when did you receive your A
I interviewed 11/17, got my A 12/15, and paid the deposit January 1st. Just heard back from some other schools that will be a better fit for me, so I've decided to give up the seat :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone look into housing yet? Seems like there aren't a lot of options. I have two cats so that limits me a bit as well. I'm looking for unfurnished, one bedroom.
Hi there! I'm a current first year student. There are options that open up more during the spring/summer. The school sends a housing list in the summer but it's pretty small. You can find options through the Facebook page for incoming students or you can look for apartments in the surrounding areas like Glen Cove. Also, if anyone has any questions about NYITCOM, feel free to DM me!

Hi there! I'm a current first year student. There are options that open up more during the spring/summer. The school sends a housing list in the summer but it's pretty small. You can find options through the Facebook page for incoming students or you can look for apartments in the surrounding areas like Glen Cove. Also, if anyone has any questions about NYITCOM, feel free to DM me!
Hello! Do you know when the incoming students facebook page is usually made for NYITCOM? I'm trying to find one on Facebook but I don't see anything so far

Hello! Do you know when the incoming students facebook page is usually made for NYITCOM? I'm trying to find one on Facebook but I don't see anything so far
I don't believe there is a Facebook page for the class of 2027 made just yet but there is a page for the class of 2026, which you could join. It may be too early as of yet and the page for the 2027 class may be made later in the spring/summer. There is I believe a Discord link and a Groupme for the incoming class which were both posted previously on this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't believe there is a Facebook page for the class of 2027 made just yet but there is a page for the class of 2026, which you could join. It may be too early as of yet and the page for the 2027 class may be made later in the spring/summer. There is I believe a Discord link and a Groupme for the incoming class which were both posted previously on this thread.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen you commenting here plenty, so I wanted to thank you for taking the time to help us! If I were to get accepted, I hope to adapt a similar role. Even become a student ambassador.

You're going to the Jonesboro campus right? I looked into The Circle dorms and they seem like a good deal, but they are furnished! And getting booted out during the Summer would be a pain.

I have seen you commenting here plenty, so I wanted to thank you for taking the time to help us! If I were to get accepted, I hope to adapt a similar role. Even become a student ambassador.
No problem! I remember being in your shoes a few months ago and not knowing what to expect. Granted, I don't know much about residencies yet, but I can offer my experiences so far as a first year student which I hope is helpful.

Is there a director of admissions that I should send a LOI to? I’m not seeing anyone listed on the website. Should I just send it the the admissions committee?

Congrats to those getting As today! Please share stats and interview date if you don’t mind!

Would it be safe to think that A’s from the most recent interview group will be coming out over the next couple of days? Or are they all out today and I should prepare for the worst?

Congrats to those getting As today! Please share stats and interview date if you don’t mind!
513 MCAT, 3.85 cGPA/3.80 sGPA. Amounts to a 70.4 LM score. Jan 13 interview. ORM.

Best of luck! Hope to see you in the Class of 2027! ☺️

A today! Interviewed on the 31st of jan so I’m so happy to have heard back so soon! I’m a third time applicant to schools and this year got two As! Never ever thought I’d be here 😭Don’t give up hope!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Would it be safe to think that A’s from the most recent interview group will be coming out over the next couple of days? Or are they all out today and I should prepare for the worst?
I interviewed Jan 13 and got an A today. It isn't the end of the world if you don't get your acceptance yet. After April 15, seats should start to free up. The trafficking guidelines come into effect. You may not receive the utmost priority right now, but it dosn't mean that you aren't considered a serious candidate at an absolute level!

I interviewed Jan 13 and got an A today. It isn't the end of the world if you don't get your acceptance yet. After April 15, seats should start to free up. The trafficking guidelines come into effect. You may not receive the utmost priority right now, but it dosn't mean that you aren't considered a serious candidate at an absolute level!
Thanks for the feedback. I interviewed on 1/12. My interviewer made it seem like it went super well. It has been a long waiting game so far so I was hoping it would have ended today.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the feedback. I interviewed on 1/12. My interviewer made it seem like it went super well. It has been a long waiting game so far so I was hoping it would have ended today.
I feel like they are probably going to announce more decisions next week? At least if people are waitlisted as well, not sure if those decisions came out today.

Hi everyone, I just got accepted to NYITCOM, and Im wondering if a creative writing course will count towards the 6 credits of required english? I took this course and another introductory english course and I just want to make sure Im fulfilling all the requirements.

Someone posted a link for NYITCOM Class of 2027 in another page on this forum. Reposting it for visibility, now that we have more acceptances. Come pop by and write an intro!

Hey guys, I just realized my 3rd lor wasn't sent in. does that mean they haven't looked at my app at all by this point bc it's technically not complete? Or, have they looked and simply decided not to send me an interview? kinda sucks I realized in mid-February when I submitted everything else by mid-November

Just received II! IS and has been complete since July so this very exciting!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users