2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else just get an email about a virtual information session tomorrow about next year’s application cycle? My heart dropped seeing an email from NYIT. How do they even know I am planning on reapplying?!
Accepted student here-- I also got the email -- I think their emailing list is just wonky tbh!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else just get an email about a virtual information session tomorrow about next year’s application cycle? My heart dropped seeing an email from NYIT. How do they even know I am planning on reapplying?!
I didn’t get an email. Is that a good sign?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a current waitlist student and I did not get an email to join the virtual session about re-applying.

I will be withdrawing, hope it goes to someone else! I’m one of several people who have gotten off waitlists this week and are withdrawing from nyit. Good luck to you guys!!
I see one person posted about being accepted from the waitlist this week. Could that person clarify if this was for NYITCOM Long Island or Jonesboro campus? Also, has anyone else been pulled off of the waitlist this week?

Accepted into the Bridge Program!!! Would love to connect with other students ☺️

Reactions: 1 users
Surprised no news today. Been 2 weeks since the last wave and there have been withdrawals. Idk what they waiting for

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m happy for you both. You guys deserve it. I’m hoping that I’ll be accepted off the waitlist soon, they’re not giving any indication when they’d start their next batch of acceptances.

for those that got accepted into the bridge program, does it explicitly mention the program? I also applied, but the acceptance letter is only speaking in regards to the MS. I understand we’re not accepted into the DO program until next year, but just wanted to make sure I got the same thing as y’all

for those that got accepted into the bridge program, does it explicitly mention the program? I also applied, but the acceptance letter is only speaking in regards to the MS. I understand we’re not accepted into the DO program until next year, but just wanted to make sure I got the same thing as y’all
I got accepted into the bridge program too! In the middle of the acceptance letter there was a link to "download and follow the instructions on your MS In Medical/ Healthcare Simulation Bridge Program" which explains what we need to do to enter the class of 2028.

also, does anyone know of anyone who declined the bridge program but opted to remain on the waitlist and eventually got off? This is the choice I’m heavily leaning towards given I am fortunate enough to be accepted elsewhere, but nyit is also my top choice… definitely at a crossroads

also, does anyone know of anyone who declined the bridge program but opted to remain on the waitlist and eventually got off? This is the choice I’m heavily leaning towards given I am fortunate enough to be accepted elsewhere, but nyit is also my top choice… definitely at a crossroads
I declined the bridge program and chose to remain on the waitlist but I’m still on the waitlist. This is a very tricky spot, I’m fortunate enough to have an interview with a podiatry school. I assume that I’ll mostly like know by the end of June if I’ll be accepted into NYITCOM or not. I hope that helps.

Question! On the AACOMAS application, was there a place to put your preference of campus for NYITCOM? I can’t see it, but I’ve seen others talking about it. I would prefer Jonesboro, how do I let them know that?

Question! On the AACOMAS application, was there a place to put your preference of campus for NYITCOM? I can’t see it, but I’ve seen others talking about it. I would prefer Jone1sboro, how do I let them know that?
on the secondary!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Just accepted off the waitlist at Old Westbury at 3:10pm!

Reactions: 5 users
So I wrote an LOI to this school, but I just received my first A from another school on Tuesday. The deposit deadline is very soon, and being that it’s my only A I obviously plan on enrolling. Should I withdraw my LOI to NYITCOM? I still want to go if I get an A since it’s my top choice, and I’m scared withdrawing would decrease my chances. However, once I make the financial commitment to the other program I can no longer guarantee that I will attend NYITCOM upon receiving attendance. Please any advice will help. Thanks! 🙏

So I wrote an LOI to this school, but I just received my first A from another school on Tuesday. The deposit deadline is very soon, and being that it’s my only A I obviously plan on enrolling. Should I withdraw my LOI to NYITCOM? I still want to go if I get an A since it’s my top choice, and I’m scared withdrawing would decrease my chances. However, once I make the financial commitment to the other program I can no longer guarantee that I will attend NYITCOM upon receiving attendance. Please any advice will help. Thanks! 🙏
I’m actually in the same situation.

Can someone please give an indication when the next batch of acceptances will go out?

I had a student in my class get an acceptance to NYITCOM as they were attending orientation for another medical school. Putting in a deposit for a school does not mean you are locked out from attending other schools if you do get a later acceptance. If I were in your shoes, I would pay the deposit and just wait to see if you are accepted from NYITCOM. If you are, you can attend NYITCOM and would just lose the deposit money for the other school.

Reactions: 8 users
Do you guys know if NYITCOM gives students scholarships once accepted? I don’t know if they’d give me anything because of my MCAT score but I do have a high GPA.

If this is it for the WL movement, then I guess it’s just been an unlucky year. Good luck to everyone with whatever comes next!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they are done accepting people? I’m on the verge of completing giving up on this school.

anyone have a list of textbooks needed for first year?
oh, my sweet summer child...

You don't need any textbooks. Professors will post additional reading material to the lectures but it's optional and from textbooks the school library has ebooks of. I think the only "textbooks" I used were netter's and gray's anatomy.

If this is it for the WL movement, then I guess it’s just been an unlucky year. Good luck to everyone with whatever comes next!
We've seen people come and go in the GroupMe. I would imagine that those who leave did so because they got accepted to their top pick or higher priority school. I wouldn't give up hope.

Does anyone know if they are done accepting people? I’m on the verge of completing giving up on this school.
Same :( I was (very fortunately) accepted into another program but NYITCOM is still my top choice. But it comes to a point where I really have to mentally commit going to the other program. Ugh, this process can be so frustrating! lol

Same :( I was (very fortunately) accepted into another program but NYITCOM is still my top choice. But it comes to a point where I really have to mentally commit going to the other program. Ugh, this process can be so frustrating! lol

Same here! So thankful for my A to the other program though

Same here! So thankful for my A to the other program though
Me too. I think I’m going to pay the deposit and attend the other school. I don’t think it’s fair that we’ve been on the waitlist for so long and we have no idea when or if we’ll be accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
Me too. I think I’m going to pay the deposit and attend the other school. I don’t think it’s fair that we’ve been on the waitlist for so long and we have no idea when or if we’ll be accepted.
ya I like NYITCOM but they have been the worst with communication and updates . It took them 5 months after my interview to let me know I was WLed. I am hoping for some WL movement idk

Accepted student here (Way back in early OCT) and got "A" from CCOM. Wondering what makes NYITCOM a top choice (Leaving out geographical location). CCOM has strong rotation spots (From what I see the best with sports are actually residency centers making it easier for 4th year audition).

Accepted student here (Way back in early OCT) and got "A" from CCOM. Wondering what makes NYITCOM a top choice (Leaving out geographical location). CCOM has strong rotation spots (From what I see the best with sports are actually residency centers making it easier for 4th year audition).
CCOM has you rotate everywhere in Chicagoland, including advocate centers and in the suburbs

Withdrawing from NYITCOM. Hope it goes to one of the future Docs in this chat group. If any one cares about the reason for my withdrawal just send me a private IM.

Reactions: 2 users
Is this a good school? What are peoples reasons for this being your top choice I’m trying to decide

Is this a good school? What are peoples reasons for this being your top choice I’m trying to decide
It was my top choice for a few reasons:
  • Good school for primary care
  • Professors truly want to help students
  • Very friendly student body
  • Pretty campus in a great, convenient location

My interviewer (who both teaches there and is a former student) literally told me the school doesn’t care about it’s students at all…