2022-2023 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to those who made it off the WL! Praying for those waiting for their acceptance. 🤗 Here is the link for the Discord server, and here is the invite for the GroupMe. For those joining the DCord server, please read the rules then assign yourself your campus for access to resources. I also encourage you to complete an introduction when you get the time. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
There might me be one next week due to the deadline on Monday, but that’s just speculation they could also choose to wait

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew from WL hope it helps out one of u :)

Reactions: 2 users
Quick question: Do they have a TV monitor on each table for the OMM lab to watch the instructions?

Having done the campus tour a few months ago, I can't say I remember there being TV monitors for each table. It was a fairly crowded room as is, when I went.

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question: Do they have a TV monitor on each table for the OMM lab to watch the instructions?
There's a decent number of TVs throughout the room but not 1:1 with tables. A professor will perform OMM in the front with a camera on them that gets broadcasted to all the TVs and a big projection board in the front. Usually, then your pod leader will go over the technique either right in front of you or on you. Not being able to see isn't a problem. Compared to other DO schools, NYITCOM teaches OMM really well and takes it very seriously. It comes up a lot in the exam questions either directly on indirectly. But they don't have it take up a large amount of time. In my first year, it was 2 hours every other week, and second year 2 hours every week (COVID precautions might have contributed). There are videos that they post before the lab that you are expected to watch beforehand. Students usually bring with them their ipads with the videos or PowerPoint for the given lab.

where do current students study? and live?
Most live with family or with other students usually throughout Nassau or Queens. The campus was on lockdown during most of my preclinical but there are carrel desks in the medical library. I, and most people, just studied at home though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info. I am now confident about NYITCOM and will withdraw from other schools.

Reactions: 2 users

@@Dr. Vinnie Boombatz

Thanks for your responses. What classes/material are covered in the First semester/block?
The curriculum might have changed but for my year first semester was basic sciences. Roughly: anatomy, OMM, doctor-patient relationship, biochem, genetics, micro, histology, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and immunology.

Third years are on dedicated for level 2/step 2 right now so let me know if anyone has any questions about NYITCOM

Just withdrew my A! I hope it goes to one of you and good luck to everyone! (i know the process can be so brutal and grueling but don't give up!) <3

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hopefully many spots opened up after yesterdays deadline so maybe this Thursday?

dont wanna be this person, but does anyone know if/when drug testing happens? I occasionally take delta 8 gummies (completely legal federally) to fall asleep, and despite recreational legalization in new york, NYIT does not permit any marijuana use

Hey everyone! Applicant this cycle here. I'm a nontrad applicant, and saw on NYITCOM's website that for nontrads, you could trade in your committee packet letter for three reference letters from a supervisor or a 'director of professional associations of which you have been a member for at least one year'. Would a medical doctor's reference letter be included in that?

Also do you guys think the letters of intent help? I just sent my second letter of intent today and I don’t know if it will do anything.

Also do you guys think the letters of intent help? I just sent my second letter of intent today and I don’t know if it will do anything.
From what I read online, it is recommended that you submit only one LOI. A LOI does help though. It tells them that this is your #1 pick and you are serious about going.

Withdrew from WL hope it helps someone out !! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Going to withdraw my spot. Hope this helps someone out!! Good luck

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a way to apply to that program if they don’t offer it via email? I don’t see it listed on PostbacCAS with other masters programs.

Is there a way to apply to that program if they don’t offer it via email? I don’t see it listed on PostbacCAS with other masters programs.
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the bridge program with the option of guaranteed admission to the med school is via the invite.

Someone in one of our chats withdrew their acceptance today. Though we are sad to see them go, we are happy to open the door to a new classmate. Another seat open for one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Someone in one of our chats withdrew their acceptance today. Though we are sad to see them go, we are happy to open the door to a new classmate. Another seat open for one of you!
Do you know how full the class is? Also how many people are in the Long Island class?

Since the waitlist isn’t ranked how do they determine who to pull next and accept? I just don’t want to be waiting this whole time without a clue of when I’ll be accepted.

Since the waitlist isn’t ranked how do they determine who to pull next and accept? I just don’t want to be waiting this whole time without a clue of when I’ll be accepted.
I think they have a "scoring criteria" to determine whether someone gets an A or a WL. I've seen online that medical programs do something like this after interviews to fill their class. Though NYITCOM does not formally grade its WL, it probably consults the scores of each candidate and interviewer input to determine who gets accepted next. This is all purely speculative, so you can only take it with a grain of salt.

First WL wave was 5/11, can we expect more this week?
I’m assuming maybe this Thursday. I sent an email to someone Tuesday from admissions to show continued interest and she said she’d be back this Tuesday. I honestly think that why we didn’t hear anything on Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user
I will be withdrawing, hope it goes to someone else! I’m one of several people who have gotten off waitlists this week and are withdrawing from nyit. Good luck to you guys!!

I will be withdrawing, hope it goes to someone else! I’m one of several people who have gotten off waitlists this week and are withdrawing from nyit. Good luck to you guys!!
When did they start accepting people this week? As far as we know there was a wave of acceptances 5/11. I figured they’d start accepting people this Thursday.

The bridge program is only offered through email! You can’t apply for it yourself. Usually applicants who get the bridge email are qualified applicants that the school wants to accept but with WL it’s never guaranteed so they offer the bridge program to guarantee acceptance!

Thanks! Are they done offering spots or do they continue to through the summer? Would you know if not receiving it is a good or bad sign about chances getting off WL?

Thanks! Are they done offering spots or do they continue to through the summer? Would you know if not receiving it is a good or bad sign about chances getting off WL?
I think they are done offering spots, but I still haven't heard back after applying for it in April. Has anyone else?

I think they are done offering spots, but I still haven't heard back after applying for it in April. Has anyone else?
I also applied in April and am still waiting to hear back. They did say we will hear back in May so hopefully any day now!

Anyone else just get an email about a virtual information session tomorrow about next year’s application cycle? My heart dropped seeing an email from NYIT. How do they even know I am planning on reapplying?!