2022-2023 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you put down the full deposit rn you have a good chance of getting whatever campus you select on the form they send when you’re accepted. You have the option to choose a different campus than the one you put on your initial application.

Sounds great, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Post II R Yesterday. Interview went surprisingly really well. Luckily I am accepted to a school I love! Good luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I got accepted last month and I’m looking for housing options for the TBR campus. Would you recommend to live close to the campus? Were a lot of classes mandatory in person?

Can upperclassmen comment about the rural medicine rotation? When does it have to be taken and for how long? Could it be completed in the US or only abroad?
Its scheduled into your normal rotation schedule and its 2 blocks which translates to 2 months. You are first sent to a US location to complete it. If its more than 45 miles from your home Nova provides housing for you!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I just got accepted to the BS/DO program 3 plus 4 program in Ft Lauderdale. Not sure if I should go or not, do you have any thoughts on the program, I read a lot on here and Reddit and have some concerns. Thanks for helping
Hi! I have friends in the program and some do great and really love it! If its close to home or you want to stay in the SoFlo area then go for it! Otherwise, I don't know how I can help with this decision!!

But congrats! thats a huge accomplishment!

Can M2s in this forum talk a little bit about how the board prep at NSU is and when they stop the lectures to allow more time to solely study for the boards?

Besides, just saw that NSU has a strong residency match list https://osteopathic.nova.edu/do/residency-board-scores.html. Does it correlate more with the academic strength of the faculty and the curriculum, or with that of the students?
So our "dedicated" begins in late April and rotations start in late June. However board relevant systems material is done by the end of Feb. Right now we are transitioning to our more clinical classes like Peds, Geriatrics, and Emergency med. Honestly, I wish we had more dedicated time but I also have always had the belief that these big standardized tests are based on the individual, not the institution so I am probably not the best person to ask. I will say that since starting my board prep I know a lot from the classes that I have already taken but have not reviewed so I think I'm prepared!

I think residency match is a little bit of everything, Nova is really well connected in the clinical world and at the end of the day a lot of it is networking.

Its scheduled into your normal rotation schedule and its 2 blocks which translates to 2 months. You are first sent to a US location to complete it. If its more than 45 miles from your home Nova provides housing for you!
Does the school provide US locations? What US locations are available?

Does the school provide US locations? What US locations are available?
The school provides it! the location you go to is dependent on the rotation site you get. Some are in rural Florida, some are in Prison medical centers, and they're pretty scattered.

An important thing to remember is its Rural/Underserved rotations so many locations count as underserved that you wouldn't think.

Also if you want to do he abroad Rural it's in India I believe and you have to apply for it and get accepted. If you do not get it your rural rotation will be in the US more than likely in FL.

They seem pretty unresponsive to emails lol. I had sent 2 updates and an email to let them know about a change in contact info, and then I sent an email to withdraw my application a few weeks ago. The last email I have from them is in August letting me know they received my secondary. LOL I feel like I dodged a bullet here.

The school provides it! the location you go to is dependent on the rotation site you get. Some are in rural Florida, some are in Prison medical centers, and they're pretty scattered.

An important thing to remember is its Rural/Underserved rotations so many locations count as underserved that you wouldn't think.

Also if you want to do he abroad Rural it's in India I believe and you have to apply for it and get accepted. If you do not get it your rural rotation will be in the US more than likely in FL.
Regarding third-year core rotations, does the school assign its students to a hospital where they could do all the core rotations? Which hospitals are available for core rotations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Regarding third-year core rotations, does the school assign its students to a hospital where they could do all the core rotations? Which hospitals are available for core rotations?
We get assigned through a lottery system, we rank from 1-XYZ and then a program gives us our core site. As for sites it varies from year to year but I found a list online that has them mostly listed. However, we no longer rotate at Memorial. A lot of hospitals aren't a "core" site but are part of a "track" where you rotate with different hospitals in the same system.

Heres the link!
https://osteopathic.nova.edu/do/clinical_rotation.html

Hi! Has there been much waitlist movement? I saw on the thread from prior years that some movement occurred in March

It has, but go in eyes open, as it still seems to be a student-unfriendly school.
I have a friend in his fourth year at this school. I interviewed yesterday and was honestly very impressed. I texted my friend about it, and he told me "If you have an acceptance to literally any other school, I would recommend that over NSU." He said admin doesn't care about students and makes every process "way harder than it needs to be." He said they just lost another rotation site bc NSU is refusing to pay them. Looking back, they spent soooo much time talking about all the money they have, and maybe that should have been a red flag to begin with?

I have a friend in his fourth year at this school. I interviewed yesterday and was honestly very impressed. I texted my friend about it, and he told me "If you have an acceptance to literally any other school, I would recommend that over NSU." He said admin doesn't care about students and makes every process "way harder than it needs to be." He said they just lost another rotation site bc NSU is refusing to pay them. Looking back, they spent soooo much time talking about all the money they have, and maybe that should have been a red flag to begin with?
Yup.

Any way can wee look at the COMLEX score averages for NOVA? I have seen the pass rates but they have combined both the campuses together and from what I am hearing the DAVIE campus scores are higher than the other campus.

Last edited:
March 15h deadline coming up for second deposit. So few more spots could open and WL movement likely will happen.

Hi! I have friends in the program and some do great and really love it! If its close to home or you want to stay in the SoFlo area then go for it! Otherwise, I don't know how I can help with this decision!!

But congrats! thats a huge accomplishment!
Can you please comment on the M4 student advising his friend to go elsewhere he's accepted due to Admin not caring about the students.

Sweet... This smells like a hot conspiracy. Can either one of you care to share a bit more about it? By the way, why would it be a red flag if a school has a lot of money, which apparently seems like they have?

Sweet... This smells like a hot conspiracy. Can either one of you care to share a bit more about it? By the way, why would it be a red flag if a school has a lot of money, which apparently seems like they have?
know you didn't ask me, but even in every day life, the people who talk about having a lot of money probably don't have as much as they would like you to think and probably spend too much of it in the wrong places. which may be the case in NSU here (ie not paying rotation sites)

Yes. I would like to know too. Giving vague comments do not help anyone.

know you didn't ask me, but even in every day life, the people who talk about having a lot of money probably don't have as much as they would like you to think and probably spend too much of it in the wrong places. which may be the case in NSU here (ie not paying rotation sites)

Interesting. You sound like you have a lot of experience with "those people." May I ask if you have recently inspected their tax returns, bank accounts, investments, etc. before making those strong assumptions?

Not paying rotation sites, well, although I don't have any administrative experience in it, however, I can see that it must be a two-way street. and even beyond Besides, NSU hasn't been the only medical school that changes its rotation sites from time to time.

It is not uncommon for medical schools to change rotation sites from time to time, as they have to constantly evaluate and update their partnerships with hospitals and clinics to ensure that their students receive quality clinical training. Additionally, rotation sites may change due to various factors, such as changes in the healthcare system, availability of clinical faculty, and the needs of the community.

In fact, according to a report by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), nearly 40% of medical schools in the United States changed their clinical education sites between 2015 and 2018. This indicates that changes in clinical rotation sites are a common practice among medical schools.

Furthermore, the AAMC also highlights the importance of maintaining positive relationships with clinical partners, as it is crucial in ensuring high-quality medical education. Medical schools often have to negotiate with clinical partners to secure rotation sites and may provide compensation for the use of their facilities.

Therefore, it is possible that NSU is not the only medical school that changes rotation sites from time to time. However, it is important to note that the specific reasons for the changes in rotation sites and the financial practices of each medical school may vary.

I'd honestly recommend you conduct thorough research and gather the evidence before making any assumptions or allegations regarding the financial practices of an institution.

Interesting. You sound like you have a lot of experience with "those people." May I ask if you have recently inspected their tax returns, bank accounts, investments, etc. before making those strong assumptions?

Not paying rotation sites, well, although I don't have any administrative experience in it, however, I can see that it must be a two-way street. and even beyond Besides, NSU hasn't been the only medical school that changes its rotation sites from time to time.

It is not uncommon for medical schools to change rotation sites from time to time, as they have to constantly evaluate and update their partnerships with hospitals and clinics to ensure that their students receive quality clinical training. Additionally, rotation sites may change due to various factors, such as changes in the healthcare system, availability of clinical faculty, and the needs of the community.

In fact, according to a report by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), nearly 40% of medical schools in the United States changed their clinical education sites between 2015 and 2018. This indicates that changes in clinical rotation sites are a common practice among medical schools.

Furthermore, the AAMC also highlights the importance of maintaining positive relationships with clinical partners, as it is crucial in ensuring high-quality medical education. Medical schools often have to negotiate with clinical partners to secure rotation sites and may provide compensation for the use of their facilities.

Therefore, it is possible that NSU is not the only medical school that changes rotation sites from time to time. However, it is important to note that the specific reasons for the changes in rotation sites and the financial practices of each medical school may vary.

I'd honestly recommend you conduct thorough research and gather the evidence before making any assumptions or allegations regarding the financial practices of an institution.
whoa man! on the same team here! :) no allegations or investigation happening here! just answering your question as to why some may consider "talking about having a lot of money" a red flag. that's all! hence the use of the word *may,* in regards to the OP's obviously unsupported claim that NSU isn't paying a rotation site.

whoa man! on the same team here! :) no allegations or investigation happening here! just answering your question as to why some may consider "talking about having a lot of money" a red flag. that's all! hence the use of the word *may,* in regards to the OP's obviously unsupported claim that NSU isn't paying a rotation site.

Don't get offended but I'm not on any team with anyone. I've been accepted to multiple schools and NSU is one of them on top of my list. It's unfortunate and tiring to read unsupported assumptions or allegations about medical schools. Whispering or supporting a conspiracy theory without evidence on social media is pathetic.

Hi! Has anyone gotten an II that was completed late in 2022 (or even early 2023)?
I'm FL resident URM, cGPA 3.6x, sGPA 3.6x, 504 MCAT. Also got the call in January that my app was completed and forwarded to DO Admissions. Just wondering if I even have a shot to be considered this cycle.

What if the students rotating in that site gave poor feedback about it? The administration can change it too.

Don't get offended but I'm not on any team with anyone. I've been accepted to multiple schools and NSU is one of them on top of my list. It's unfortunate and tiring to read unsupported assumptions or allegations about medical schools. Whispering or supporting a conspiracy theory without evidence on social media is pathetic.
good luck with that mindset in med school! best wishes! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I think the general conclusion is to do your research for ANY school you get into! I think regardless of school acceptances, anyone that’s been accepted into any school will definitely work hard to become the best physician as they possibly can and every school has their pros and cons. Just always consider everything before making the final decision!

• Love
I just paid my second deposit ($750) for NOVA. Staying put.

Does anyone know what’s the current class size based on the Facebook Group

Received an II this morning after hearing nothing back the entire cycle, OOS, complete in june, will be declining and hoping it goes to one of yall

How do the M2s in this forum feel about the grading system? I noticed that it’s not pass/fail during pre-clinical years and that there’s a letter grade system with a GPA. How does that reflect on residency apps?

• Wow
Just received an A but planning to withdraw. Hope it goes to one of you!

Just received an A but planning to withdraw. Hope it goes to one of you!
If you don’t mind would you share your stats? I also interviewed on the 7th and I got out on the alternate list. I’m a little confused, is there a waitlist or is it just “Accepted” “Rejected” or “Alternate”?

If you don’t mind would you share your stats? I also interviewed on the 7th and I got out on the alternate list. I’m a little confused, is there a waitlist or is it just “Accepted” “Rejected” or “Alternate”?
Alternate = WL!