2022-2023 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the clarification guys @lordparamounttargaryen @coolgirl7882
Well I don’t have any acceptance yet lol so that is why! Getting ready to reapply but not sure honestly if to wait or start my new application so I be on time either way. It is a really difficult situation now and I just want to have an answer

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Since I have nothing better to do except be insane, I went through the last cycles thread and found this + added the last year:

Dates ppl on SDN reported A’s off the waitlist

2017-18:
  • 5/10 (Tuesday)
  • 5/24 (Thursday)
2018-19:
  • 5/15 - 5/17 (Wed - Fri)
2019-20:
  • 5/14 (Thursday)
  • 5/29 (Friday)
2020-21:
  • 5/6 (Thursday)
  • 5/21 (Friday)
2021-22:
  • 6/3 (Friday)
  • 6/14 (Tuesday)
I personally know a current student that got off the waitlist last year on May 17th (which was a Tuesday).

me 🤝 hanging on by a very thin thread

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
has the fb group shown any movement ? also should we not be expecting any sort of confirmation that we’re still on the active WL ?

i thought penn state would have a lot more movement? considering they accept a lot off the waitlist? but is it different this year

Since I have nothing better to do except be insane, I went through the last cycles thread and found this + added the last year:

Dates ppl on SDN reported A’s off the waitlist

2017-18:
  • 5/10 (Tuesday)
  • 5/24 (Thursday)
2018-19:
  • 5/15 - 5/17 (Wed - Fri)
2019-20:
  • 5/14 (Thursday)
  • 5/29 (Friday)
2020-21:
  • 5/6 (Thursday)
  • 5/21 (Friday)
2021-22:
  • 6/3 (Friday)
  • 6/14 (Tuesday)
I personally know a current student that got off the waitlist last year on May 17th (which was a Tuesday).

me hanging on by a very thin thread

By this analysis, it looks like their WL mvmts may not have started yet or may be just gearing up to start. Probably won’t start until next week by recent trends here.

Reactions: 1 users
Any idea how many they waitlist? The MSAR data of 70 seems too little. If they interview 750-800 I wonder if they waitlist like 200-300

Maybe next week we find out then but it is taking too long

Any idea how many they waitlist? The MSAR data of 70 seems too little. If they interview 750-800 I wonder if they waitlist like 200-300

Maybe next week we find out then but it is taking too long
A lot of people who are accepted take their seats lol, most I know this was their top choice or their best option (as it was for me). Their strategy is to accept 2x the seats in the class and go from there, which is why the waitlist is smaller

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of people who are accepted take their seats lol, most I know this was their top choice or their best option (as it was for me). Their strategy is to accept 2x the seats in the class and go from there, which is why the waitlist is smaller
But I still feel like there are more than 70 WLs -- so many SDNers reported Holds after interview and SDN is just a small sample of applicants but I mean if it truly is 70 I will take it lol

Thanks very much that is giving some hope. Do you happen to know many currently already committed to Penn State like is it really full? I guess trying to see how many potential open seats they have.

I received an A off of the WL last Friday! I was on hold 1/5. I would appreciate it if someone could PM me links for both the Facebook group and the GroupMe if one has been created. OOS LM: 72

Reactions: 3 users
I received an A off of the WL last Friday! I was on hold 1/5. I would appreciate it if someone could PM me links for both the Facebook group and the GroupMe if one has been created. OOS LM: 72
Congrats! Did you receive a call or email?

Has anyone else's LionPath been updated with their scholarship info yet?

does anyone know if the class is full? wish they told us becuase if they email in JULY, it would be too late to apply lmfao

• Care
does anyone know if the class is full? wish they told us becuase if they email in JULY, it would be too late to apply lmfao
I wish we know too. I am personally starting to work on my new application already to hopefully submit by mid June. I just do not want to live in hope that may never happen. It is really hard to start the new application without a break but I do not want to wait for potentially nothing. Either way it will be ready

getting accepted in june is so much disrespect for our time like come on.

At what point would withdrawing from the WL and committing to my other acceptance make sense? I sent an LOI but at a certain point, it would become frustrating knowing that I could possibly be taken off the WL after setting everything up at a different school. I'm thinking early June. Thoughts?

At what point would withdrawing from the WL and committing to my other acceptance make sense? I sent an LOI but at a certain point, it would become frustrating knowing that I could possibly be taken off the WL after setting everything up at a different school. I'm thinking early June. Thoughts?
It's a personal decision. I can personally say that I've seen very late waitlist movement with my classmates (even into early July) so there's always a chance. The question is would it be worth it to drop everything at another institution? I cannot answer that

In case anyone’s wondering, I contacted admissions about whether the class is full and the answer was a resounding “no, we are still working on filling the class.” I see that as encouragement.

Reactions: 4 users
In case anyone’s wondering, I contacted admissions about whether the class is full and the answer was a resounding “no, we are still working on filling the class.” I see that as encouragement.
Did they mention anything about when is the latest to expect to hear back? Or will they email us if the class becomes full?

Hey guys, so I can’t write a letter of intent to penn state since I already submitted one to another school I am waitlisted for. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to send a letter of interest though?

Hey guys, so I can’t write a letter of intent to penn state since I already submitted one to another school I am waitlisted for. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to send a letter of interest though?
I think so! Just make sure you don’t put any updates in the letter!

Does anyone know the deadline to accept the FAFSA loans on lionpath? Is it before or after the CTE date? Thanks!

LOI (letter of intent) can contain updates now that it is post April 30th?

Last edited:
LOI (letter of intent) can contain updates now that it is post April 30th?
I don’t think updates are accepted at all but please correct me if I’m wrong. I would probably gear the LOI towards why Penn State and how you would contribute/why should they pick you?

Do any current students know if there are any camping retreats or social events before orientation for the M1s to meet each other?
Sorry for late response! The school doesn't host any camping retreats prior to orientation but you are more than welcome to come to campus early to meet new friends. The current M1's will be planning orientation socials to help break the ice for your class. This will be during orientation. That said, if you want to host pre-orientation get-together, then feel free to! One of the M0's last year hosted a virtual zoom call + dinner for our class before orientation and it was very fun! I met a lot of new people at the events, which made orientation less awkward for me.

• Love
Sorry for late response! The school doesn't host any camping retreats prior to orientation but you are more than welcome to come to campus early to meet new friends. The current M1's will be planning orientation socials to help break the ice for your class. This will be during orientation. That said, if you want to host pre-orientation get-together, then feel free to! One of the M0's last year hosted a virtual zoom call + dinner for our class before orientation and it was very fun! I met a lot of new people at the events, which made orientation less awkward for me.
Yeah, I was thinking about organizing/hosting a few Zoom hangouts and maybe a M0 party at my apartment a few days before orientation starts

How did I just find out I wasn't invited to the virtual zoom call until now? LOL.

But yeah, current M1s are going to plan a ton of stuff. As a former RA, I give you all the same advice I gave to my residents - GO TO THE EVENTS. That is how you will meet people, get advice, and find mentors!!!! if you want to make friends, you gotta put yourself out there!

In the same vein, you don't have to go to things you are not comfortable with - I never was one for drinking and going out and ended up not going to those events. Don't beat yourself up for not finding your friend group immediately - just like undergrad, it takes time to meet the people you truly click with. Give yourself some grace :)

Is the class full lol? Have they sent rejections if so?
I emailed today and basically they did not provide any information other than we will be notified as soon as a decision is made. So not very informative. Assuming they are not full maybe based on their response

i hope they tell us soon. wish they worked faster you know out of respect for applicants

i hope they tell us soon. wish they worked faster you know out of respect for applicants
You have to understand that Penn State takes their applicants seriously. This isn't a mill like UVA where they throw you out for bad scores or for breathing wrong, and this isn't like Drexel where they have 10 million applicants and poor organization. As a reference, I interviewed last year at Drexel early February and didn't hear back until late May and early June - and I was an immediate acceptance (no WL there).

I personally can attest that there is a panel - of majority physicians- who sit and deliberate on each and every one of you - carefully, thoroughly, and intentionally. I know several of them - they care a lot. To even get an interview you have to be individually presented to the committee and defended by a committee member. I know this because I shadowed the man who presented me and defended me to the committee.

They care a lot which is why the process takes a while. There's no definitive answers because the committee doesn't operate on one formula like a lot of other schools.

I know it's really frustrating, but take heart and hope!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users