You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Pennsylvania State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They do not take Letter of intent yea?
D
deleted1150307
They take letters of intent after April 30 as long as they do not contain any updates at all. I sent mine in early May after I verified with them. Good luck to you and everyone waiting!They do not take Letter of intent yea?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when is the CTE deadline?
June 19when is the CTE deadline?
herestoanewyear
Full Member
Is there usually more movement after the CTE deadline?
hopefulpremed2412
New Member
I was interviewed on 2/15, and put on hold on 4/27. Are there still chances of movement? Does anyone know the number of accepted people on GroupMe or something?
D
deleted1150307
It is just hard to move on without having a final answer. Also put on waitlist 4/27 and really wanting to know my whole life is kind of on hold. Even if accepted, not sure how I will even have time to relocate very far on a short notice or even find housing. I am already working full time thru the end of June and have to put my July schedule soon the next few days.
I totally understand it takes time to thoroughly review all applicants and that how the process is, it is just that I hope we have more information on what to expect and when or know our approximate place on the waitlist if we are the bottom or the top. Or if we can even know if the class is full or not. But nothing we can do anyways, it is just the process.
I totally understand it takes time to thoroughly review all applicants and that how the process is, it is just that I hope we have more information on what to expect and when or know our approximate place on the waitlist if we are the bottom or the top. Or if we can even know if the class is full or not. But nothing we can do anyways, it is just the process.
D
deleted906592
Probably not a lot of movement but likely a few who got into their top choices will drop/remove themselves from the WL and they’ll fill the class w/ the remaining ppl on the WL.Is there usually more movement after the CTE deadline?
totally feel this, cannot plan any of my life until i get all the final RsIt is just hard to move on without having a final answer. Also put on waitlist 4/27 and really wanting to know my whole life is kind of on hold. Even if accepted, not sure how I will even have time to relocate very far on a short notice or even find housing. I am already working full time thru the end of June and have to put my July schedule soon the next few days.
I totally understand it takes time to thoroughly review all applicants and that how the process is, it is just that I hope we have more information on what to expect and when or know our approximate place on the waitlist if we are the bottom or the top. Or if we can even know if the class is full or not. But nothing we can do anyways, it is just the process.
canyonmoon528
Full Member
Hey! Not sure if this has been asked, but how do we withdraw from the WL?
Email themHey! Not sure if this has been asked, but how do we withdraw from the WL?
the silence is so loud </3 if an accepted student who is in the groupme would let us know the size of the group that would be great
D
deleted1150307
I am on the waitlist still but I saw their Facebook group seems to have over 190, but not sure if this an accurate reflection though.the silence is so loud </3 if an accepted student who is in the groupme would let us know the size of the group that would be great
It's at 87the silence is so loud </3 if an accepted student who is in the groupme would let us know the size of the group that would be great
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Samantha Johnkins
New Member
where is this information?June 19
hopefulpremed2412
New Member
I saw it mentioned on MSARwhere is this information?
They emailed it to accepted students back in Aprilwhere is this information?
like out of 150?It's at 87
Are they really that behind with the waitlists?
like out of 150?
Are they really that behind with the waitlists?
I'm not sure if everyone joins the groupme so I don't think the chat is really indicative of where the class size is at
hopefulpremed2412
New Member
Did anybody on the waitlist receive any updates yesterday? Is there movement this week?
I feel like more movement is gonna start maybe mid-June? Atleast that's what I saw on last year's thread.Did anybody on the waitlist receive any updates yesterday? Is there movement this week?
Does anyone recommend sending an additional letter of intent to the same school (PSCOM) to convey continued interest/ intent? Or is that overkill? I already sent one in early May but considering sending another to keep my application active.They take letters of intent after April 30 as long as they do not contain any updates at all. I sent mine in early May after I verified with them. Good luck to you and everyone waiting!
D
deleted1150307
I also sent my intent letter early May and plan to send just a very short email (not a full letter) showing that I am still very interested in a position if available. One of the physicians I work with and another medical student recommended that as well. If it’s been like a month I personally think it won’t hurt sending a very short email. At least you emphasize you are still here and interested. I do not know if anyone here has a different opinion but would love to hear.Does anyone recommend sending an additional letter of intent to the same school (PSCOM) to convey continued interest/ intent? Or is that overkill? I already sent one in early May but considering sending another to keep my application active.
herestoanewyear
Full Member
When is the CTE deadline?
When is the CTE deadline?
6/19 i hear
Was wondering if anyone has any new updates on if more people have gotten in from the waitlist recently?
D
deleted906592
People are definitely getting off the waitlist. The Facebook group is steadily growing. I’m sure some of them are due to upperclassmen and staff though. Wishful thinking fellow WL’er 😊
D
deleted906592
oops forgot to tag a reply haha ^Was wondering if anyone has any new updates on if more people have gotten in from the waitlist recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Real talk though: there were like 20 odd upperclassmen joining the 2027 groupme. I've seen no new students join. I would say the groupme is missing somewhere in the realm of 20-30 new students - maybe those who missed the link or haven't been accepted yet.People are definitely getting off the waitlist. The Facebook group is steadily growing. I’m sure some of them are due to upperclassmen and staff though. Wishful thinking fellow WL’er 😊
The FB group is very much the same, I have been approving my classmate (M2s) to join left and right. I don't see many new students coming in.
So okay to send another letter of intent/ interst? i sent one in may
D
deleted906592
I’m likely to send another one sometime this week.So okay to send another letter of intent/ interst? i sent one in may
D
deleted1150307
I just sent a short email not a full letterSo okay to send another letter of intent/ interst? i sent one in may
mayonaise123
Full Member
got off waitlist today!
Luckystar96
Full Member
got off waitlist today!
Congrats!!! Did you write a letter of intent/ did they call you?
D
deleted1150307
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing when were you placed on the waitlist?got off waitlist today!
mayonaise123
Full Member
I didn't write a letter, and yes they calledCongrats!!! Did you write a letter of intent/ did they call you?
mayonaise123
Full Member
january!!Congratulations! Do you mind sharing when were you placed on the waitlist?
I just withdrew this morning haha so hopefully it went to you!got off waitlist today!
ooofff close to their deadline. i just want some feedback man
kinda surprised by how little movement is going on i know not everything is reported here but even on FB group trends
total_tradegy22
Full Member
I was accepted off the waitlist today!! Reapplicant, waitlisted last time as well, sent a letter of intent on May 11 but have no idea if it had any effect. My first MD acceptance 🙂
did you just get the call? Congrats!I was accepted off the waitlist today!! Reapplicant, waitlisted last time as well, sent a letter of intent on May 11 but have no idea if it had any effect. My first MD acceptance 🙂
D
deleted1150307
Congratulations! You deserve it!I was accepted off the waitlist today!! Reapplicant, waitlisted last time as well, sent a letter of intent on May 11 but have no idea if it had any effect. My first MD acceptance 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
albuterol360
New Member
also got off the waitlist today!
total_tradegy22
Full Member
yes, earlier this afternoon!did you just get the call? Congrats!
D
deleted906592
Lord I see what you are doing for others!!!
Congrats to all who accepted. do you know how many are on the facebook page now? I hope they send rejections soon so i can plan the rest of my year in peace lol
D
deleted1150307
I hope so too. Do they usually send rejections then? I was thinking we just hear nothing and we assumeCongrats to all who accepted. do you know how many are on the facebook page now? I hope they send rejections soon so i can plan the rest of my year in peace lol