2022-2023 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They do, you just have to have the person change the date on the letter.

Good to know in case I have to re-apply next year.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can always call admissions and ask them about it, I’m sure they’ll be willing to work with you if theres an issue, they’re great about that!
I already sent them in :(

Interview update: it was great!! Awesome campus with awesome people. The day is organized into a few stations with the interviews coming first. There's three interview stations: one-on-one, small group, and individual with two faculty members. They're super chill and conversational, and they tried to make everyone as comfortable as possible. They also give you lunch and a great tour of the campus. Great day overall

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an A as well! I was invited to join the Tahlequah campus!

Reactions: 4 users
Okay, they updated my portal that they've reached a decision, but they haven't called or emailed, and it doesn't say what the decision is. Why are they doing this to me??

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Okay, they updated my portal that they've reached a decision, but they haven't called or emailed, and it doesn't say what the decision is. Why are they doing this to me??
This definitely sounds like torture. Hope you hear soon.

This school sent me a 'Happy Birthday' text lol. Appreciate it but send me an invite dammit.
Happy birthday! When were you complete? I've been complete since July and I'm waiting as well.

Interviewed on 9-13. Found out on the wait list on Thursday

II 26SEP, app was complete 25AUG. OOS with very strong ties mostly grew up in NEO and worked EMS there. Lizzy M 67.

How was your interview?
I thought it went ok. It seemed really short. Only about 25 minutes total of them questioning me directly. There was a 30 minute group interview where a case study was discussed.

II today (9/26)!! scheduled for 10/24 at Tulsa campus. Got my secondary complete email on 9/23. Non-trad, IS, 504, 3.93.

Does anyone know how the Tahlequah Campus differs from the Tulsa Campus for OMS 3-4? I know that those in Tulsa area rotate through clinics in the city as well as the OSU Medical Center, but where do those at the Tahlequah Campus usually do rotations?
We have the same rotations available to us as Tulsa, but, if you wanted something local in Tahlequah; Northeastern health system and the Cherokee Nation W.W Hastings Hospital are two popular options.

I got the call today I am going to be a physician! I am so excited to join the Tulsa campus in the fall!
Complete 7/5, Interviewed 9/22

Reactions: 7 users
Waitlisted today :( OSU is my dream program so it definitely stings! Anyone know the waitlist acceptance rate or when they start pulling people from the waitlist??

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted today :( OSU is my dream program so it definitely stings! Anyone know the waitlist acceptance rate or when they start pulling people from the waitlist??
You still have a chance, don’t give up! Waitlist movement usually starts towards the end of the cycle, so around March-April is when we will see people being accepted off the waitlist. However, waitlist acceptances can happen all the way through July.

Was there a spot to select campus preference on the secondary? Or is it entirely their choice what they offer us?

Was there a spot to select campus preference on the secondary? Or is it entirely their choice what they offer us?
When I got my offer for acceptance, they let me choose which I'd like to attend :)

I believe there was a spot on the secondary where you could opt to be considered for both campuses. Not all acceptance offers are for both campuses. Some are accepted only to Tahlequah - I have no idea how they decide this

I selected on my application that I was interested in the Tulsa Campus, but I still received an offer to either campus.

Hey guys! I interviewed last cycle and was invited to complete the GAP/Bridge program this school year. So, I'll be matriculating with those accepted at the Tulsa campus next Fall. Usually GAP/Bridge spots don't start filling until later in the cycle, but if anyone has any questions about it, shoot me a message!

Reactions: 4 users
Stats if you don't mind. I'm OOS too, but got an email today saying still being considered. So just curious what you got.
gpa: 3.6x, post bacc 4.0, MCAT around 507-510. Solid ECs

Got this email today
"Dear ....,
It’s been a while since you submitted your application to the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know that you’re still on our radar. We review applications and interview applicants through April, so there’s plenty of time for us to select you for an interview. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call from the Admissions Office to schedule your interview. You may also check the status of your application 24/7 on the student portal.

Thank you for taking the time to apply to OSUCOM."

Reactions: 2 users
Got this email today
"Dear ....,
It’s been a while since you submitted your application to the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know that you’re still on our radar. We review applications and interview applicants through April, so there’s plenty of time for us to select you for an interview. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call from the Admissions Office to schedule your interview. You may also check the status of your application 24/7 on the student portal.

Thank you for taking the time to apply to OSUCOM."
+1