2022-2023 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

What OOS stats are competitive? Any point applying from the East Coast?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my secondary. I'm from California. 3.4 GPA and 514 mcat. Any chance they'd accept me?

I feel like they send everybody secondaries without screening

Reactions: 2 users
The prompts are:

1. What has been your most humbling experience and how will that experience affect your interactions with your peers and patients? Word Count: 300

Optional: Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you? Word Count: 500

The prompts are:

1. What has been your most humbling experience and how will that experience affect your interactions with your peers and patients? Word Count: 300

Optional: Is there any additional information you would like the college to know about you? Word Count: 500
How are yall approaching this first prompt?

Just got my secondary. I'm from California. 3.4 GPA and 514 mcat. Any chance they'd accept me?
OOS 3.6x 509. Accepted last cycle with no state ties, simply cultural ties. They truly want to know why OSU. They were my top choice so I had plenty of good reasons.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anybody know if this school requires mandatory attendance? I read online that it "expects students to attend all lectures" but only says "Attendance is required at all clinical assignments and national board reviews" right after that sentence.

Does anybody know if this school requires mandatory attendance? I read online that it "expects students to attend all lectures" but only says "Attendance is required at all clinical assignments and national board reviews" right after that sentence.
4th year med student here. Absolutely not for most all lecture. OMM lecture was required. Dr. Beaman expects all students to attend the psych system. I stopped going to class after biochem lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OSU favors instate heavily. Your stats will have to be higher to be considered.
Additionally, they are partial to Kansas and Arkansas residents over other OOS. They actually offer accepted students from those states in-state tuition if they have a minimum MCAT and GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
glad to know its IS heavy, will not complete my secondary then

Does anyone else’s secondary portal look different? Mine used to have little icons that said complete, interview, decision, etc but now they’re gone and all I see is the application checklist?
Just logged on. Mine still looks the same.

Attachments

• OSU App.png
    OSU App.png
    351 KB · Views: 214
Good luck to everyone this cycle! 😄

II just now! They called to schedule and only have tahlequah campus slots right now

Last edited:
In the portal, my app is showing that they're waiting for LOR from faculty 2, but I selected track 1 due to having a letter packet from my school, did I mess up? There's a green check next to LOR for faculty 1 (the the LOR packet I'm assuimg) but red X next to faculty 2.

In the portal, my app is showing that they're waiting for LOR from faculty 2, but I selected track 1 due to having a letter packet from my school, did I mess up? There's a green check next to LOR for faculty 1 (the the LOR packet I'm assuimg) but red X next to faculty 2.

I would email them. They’re good about responding quickly.

Alright guys this is my second time applying to OSUCOM, I just submitted my primary.

I feel like based on previous years' chats, it seems like OSU already had started interviews, or at least invites, by now. Getting a tad anxious, although probably for no reason! Secondary was completed July 5th.
I saw one other person say they got an invite on Reddit, but even my IS friends who applied haven't heard anything. Very odd

Give it some time friends! the invites will pick up here soon, we’re still really early in the cycle and remember interviews go all the way till April.

I turned in my secondary today! Gosh I'm so nervous to go through this again

• Care
Do you guys know if they accept faculty letters from last year? On my portal they haven't accepted them yet but they accepted my Dr's LOR

Traditional! 3 interview series, super conversational and I personally was so impressed with my experience

Did they say when they would get back to you with a decision? I’m so excited for tomorrow

Did they say when they would get back to you with a decision? I’m so excited for tomorrow
1-4 weeks. We were the first interview group so they said it might take longer than a week since they revamped the process

Do you guys know if they accept faculty letters from last year? On my portal they haven't accepted them yet but they accepted my Dr's LOR
They do, you just have to have the person change the date on the letter.