2022-2023 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any one else get the email titled "File Complete" and that says we're still on their radar. Hopefully a good sign yeah?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi y'all! I got the interview invite call today for Dec. 9th!!

OOS currently, but born and raised in OKC. Primary verified 10/13, OSU file complete email 11/7.

I'm just here to say that it is not too late!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody else get an email like this?

"It’s been a while since you submitted your application to the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know that you’re still on our radar. We review applications and interview applicants through April, so there’s plenty of time for us to select you for an interview. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call from the Admissions Office to schedule your interview. You may also check the status of your application 24/7 on the student portal."

Reactions: 1 user

"It’s been a while since you submitted your application to the Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know that you’re still on our radar. We review applications and interview applicants through April, so there’s plenty of time for us to select you for an interview. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call from the Admissions Office to schedule your interview. You may also check the status of your application 24/7 on the student portal."

Yep got it a few days ago

Several people have received this email and posted about it throughout the thread.

So apparently my 2nd faculty letter of recommendation didn't count and I was told to submit additional letters via Interfolio. Does anyone know how to submit LOR from Interfolio to the school?

So apparently my 2nd faculty letter of recommendation didn't count and I was told to submit additional letters via Interfolio. Does anyone know how to submit LOR from Interfolio to the school?
go to interfolio and click send, type in the email for the school that they gave you

completed in September, do I still have a chance and does anyone know if they have been sending R before interviewing?

They interview until April, don't worry there's still time

completed in September, do I still have a chance and does anyone know if they have been sending R before interviewing?

Last year I got the R email in May. So I knew by then since I didn’t get an interview invite. So it was kind of comical to get the email so late. But I was interviewed this year and am on the waitlist so don’t give up - this cycle or next!

Anybody got R’s yet pre interview ?
I was told a story about a group of applicants one cycle (I can't remember if it was OU (MD school here) or OSU-COM, my friend telling me interviewed at both that cycle) who were rude and discourteous to a minority applicant answering a question about the importance for diversity in medicine during the group portion of interviews. Apparently, she was visibly upset by being talked over and dismissed, and later those students actually did receive rejection emails.

With that being said, unless you behave like that on your interview day, or you're just very discourteous or unprofessional (or get caught in some viral TikTok or Twitter video being an ass), I've been led to believe this school doesn't typically send out rejections until the end of the cycle. Typically, you'll go on the wait list, and once their class has been finalized, they send out the R emails.

I believe it's the same even for those who aren't extended an II. I know someone else who applied with a 2.85 GPA and a 508 MCAT score but was rejected at the very end of the cycle. They obviously didn't get an II because they didn't meet the minimum GPA requirement for elegibility- but this was also before the Bridge and GAP programs were really implemented, ~2017.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance off the waitlist today!! Such a fast turnaround, I’m crying tears of joy!!!!
mind sharing your stats? Trying to figure out why some people are just given the Tahlequah campus. Also are you OOS or IS? Thanks in advance

When I got my offer for acceptance, they let me choose which I'd like to attend :)
mind sharing your stats? Trying to figure out why some people are just given the Tahlequah campus. Also are you OOS or IS? Thanks in advance

I got the call today I am going to be a physician! I am so excited to join the Tulsa campus in the fall!
Complete 7/5, Interviewed 9/22

Also, applicants are offered a spot at a specific campus based on the seats filled so far at each respective location. It has nothing to do with applicant stats.

Also, applicants are offered a spot at a specific campus based on the seats filled so far at each respective location. It has nothing to do with applicant stats.
Did you end up going to Tulsa or Talequah?

Also you can do multiple quotes in one post so you don't have to make post after post.

What made you pick Tahlequah?
I choose no preference and was offered Tahlequah! However, I liked that it was similar to my home town in size and I liked the fact it would be a smaller class size as well plus our campus is not as buzzing as Tulsa so we have more opportunities to use study rooms and areas for longer. They’re both great campuses filled with amazing and friendly people but each has some advantaged and disadvantages based on location.

Okay I didn’t know. Sorry for asking
Hey! It's all good! You're always free to ask questions here- that's the whole point of this forum!

I think, just because we all depend on this thread for information, and some of us probably check it regularly, it does kinda clog up the feed when the same question is asked multiple times. If you want to ask multiple ppl the same question, you can always tag them!

Do you mind sharing your stats? Trying to figure out why some people are just given the Tahlequah campus. Also are you OOS or IS?
Sure! I marked Tulsa as my preference on my secondary app since I have strong ties there. I'm IS, 3.3x GPA and 49x MCAT.
Good luck with your app!

• Care
Sure! I marked Tulsa as my preference on my secondary app since I have strong ties there. I'm IS, 3.3x GPA and 49x MCAT.
Good luck with your app!
Thanks 😊 for your response, hopefully I get an acceptance to that campus as well

Hey! It's all good! You're always free to ask questions here- that's the whole point of this forum!

I think, just because we all depend on this thread for information, and some of us probably check it regularly, it does kinda clog up the feed when the same question is asked multiple times. If you want to ask multiple ppl the same question, you can always tag them!
Thanks for your answer, I actually didn’t know I could tag many people in one post, I’m new here 😬.

I'm an in-state student with a 4.0 GPA and a 51X MCAT. Also, from what I've heard, I think they choose to give people an A to the Tahlequah campus if you indicated you were interested during the in-person interview at all. Historically, they try to fill the slots at Tahlequah along with the slots at Tulsa.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
IS (lived in Oklahoma for 3 years non-school related but from wisconsin), 515 MCAT (x1attempt), non trad first gen and SES, 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 science, 4.0 post-bacc with some graduate work 4.0. 4000+ hours in direct patient care, 100 volunteer non clinical hours and 20 shadow hours.

IS (lived in Oklahoma for 3 years non-school related but from wisconsin), 515 MCAT (x1attempt), non trad first gen and SES, 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 science, 4.0 post-bacc with some graduate work 4.0. 4000+ hours in direct patient care, 100 volunteer non clinical hours and 20 shadow hours.
Did indicate strong preference to Tulsa due to previous urban medicine activities and interests

Did anyone else have or see an option to upload/import LORs from a previous cycle to the secondary app? I had the option before submitting, but now I'm not sure if it's too late. I don't see that option anywhere now that I've submit. Anyone know anything about that?

Is any current student willing to DM? I have a few questions so I would appreciate if someone can contact me

Accepted for Tahlequah, interview 9DEC. Called 12DEC.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have any insight or specific information regarding the rotation sites for 3rd and 4th year at OSU?

I know the school arranges 3rd and 4th year, unlike most DO programs, but I would like to know the specific location(s) involved (e.g. most of them are in Tulsa or Tulsa’s suburbs, through the state, or multi-state?).
Actually they don’t arrange 4th year. I found this out after talking to a 3rd year student

Oh, that's unfortunate. I was under the impression that they did...per this comment on their office of clinical education webpage: "The Office of Clinical Education conducts a 22-month Clerkship Program for OSU College of Osteopathic Medicine third- and fourth- year medical students."

Yes, I thought the same thing. I think for what she was explaining to me that if you follow the tribal or rural track they arrange it for you but if you follow the traditional track you have to audition for rotations for your 4th year

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist? I’m OOS 510, 4.0 sGPA w strong ties but have been waitlisted since September :(

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist? I’m OOS 510, 4.0 sGPA w strong ties but have been waitlisted since September :(
Have you been accepted anywhere else? Applied to allopathic schools in your state of residence?

I saw one person in here who was accepted off waitlist, other than that not much movement. There are people in one of the graduate programs with me at OSUCHS who are currently on the waitlist as well. There's always a few before, but most movement comes in the spring as the cycle is ending and they have a better feel for how many spots still remain. From what I hear, they fill about half of the seats from the waitlist. Don't lose hope!