2022-2023 Pennsylvania (Perelman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL :/

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
WL :( Good luck to everyone, and congratulations to those with As ❤️

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
dang i didnt get a call but portal updated and I got the A?!!!! so maybe for people who havent got a call, dont lose hope yet, check your portals!!
Same for me! I didn't get a phone call but got an A in the portal? in shock right now

GOT THE A !! Also no phone call, checked through portal!!!

Im literally in complete shock sjehrjngnfkrjv gh ejejehrjrj this is my dream school

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A for me no call tho did get some no caller ID thing to call me that I could not call back so I guess that was my interviewer lol

R :( 523 MCAT 4.0 gpa I’m really discouraged at this point

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
WL. Do we know if there will be any movement here?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if penn matches scholarships from relatively equivalent schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received the A yesterday! Happy to answer any questions

Does anyone know if penn matches scholarships from relatively equivalent schools?
I am aware of a couple of people who negotiated a deal for tuition breaks when they didn't get anything initially (not exactly a match but they were not eligible for FA and so it was definitely a scholarship).

Please ensure you file all your financial forms whether you think you are eligible for FA or not and dont assume scholarships are automatic if you dont file the required forms from the school. They should already be listing those on the portal (parents tax returns, FAFSA and CS profile(?)). If you dont file them, they may not give you anything and that is a bad starting point.

I would suggest waiting until the package announcements early next month and have your appeal ready to go.

Does anyone know if Perelman discusses a numerical rank or percentile for students in their MSPE for the residency match? Just curious.

Does anyone know if Perelman discusses a numerical rank or percentile for students in their MSPE for the residency match? Just curious.
They moved to quarters of ranking in 2020 graduation batch. Not sure what they do now. I think it said things like someone is in top quarter, top third etc.

This is outside of giving out AOA and Gold Humanism etc which also provide a clear rank for the top people.

WL Thursday - Does anyone know how much movement there typically is on the WL and whether its ranked?

What they do at elite schools is to aim for a certain class profile (Sex, race, circumstances and so forth) and when they lose people due to yield, they try to add people they lost in the mix to bring back the diversity level of the class.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when 21st Century scholars notification comes out? or has it already?

Anyone know how much upenn cares about letters of intent from waitlisted applicants?

Anyone know how much upenn cares about letters of intent from waitlisted applicants?
It is important to write one to feel good about having done everything you could possibly do.

They take less than 20 from waitlists. Unless you are able to provide some major update that can improve your stock vis a vis others, they claim all the applicants are competitively reviewed.

PA Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Varies per cycle 15 Competitive review of waitlist applications by Committee on Admissions

Anyone here disappointed in the financial aid package just now????? My 4-year debt will be 6 figures higher than the MSAR average for Penn 😭😭😭
Lol its an absolute joke this year💀 they didn't even acknowledge my other offers. Sad bc it seemed like they were way more generous in the previous years

• Sad
  • Wow
just as a point of comparison, my need-based scholarship was wayyy more than I was even hoping for. like...woah

new update 4:08pm (def may have missed some)

Calls: AN, DL, DM(?), EA, EO, FP, JLC, KMR, MC, MF, SH, SK
Silence: AW, BE, BF, CB, CC, EP, ES, HF, JB, MH, MK, MR, RO, SL, SN, SS, SSC, ST

feel free to DM me if you got a call but want to remain anonymous
Idk what this matters for 3 weeks later, but I got a call from SS

I had a question for current students at Perelman or people with more knowledge: I had someone tell me that there were rumors of the school going completely pass fail for clerkships. Is there any substance to this? Thank you c:

Has anyone received good news about scholarship offers being matched here yet? I heard some received notice that they would not be matching for them

Last edited:
They havent been matching or even doing partials for multiple people (definitely not at least purely merit based). Very different from what they said during interviews and what people have said about penn in the past. If someone has been matched feel free to update this.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Likewise. I have two six-figure merit offers of which I've made Penn aware, and Penn isn't budging.

Word on the street is that next Monday or Tuesday is the last day merit offers could go out.

Likewise. I have two six-figure merit offers of which I've made Penn aware, and Penn isn't budging.

Word on the street is that next Monday or Tuesday is the last day merit offers could go out.
How did you hear Monday/Tuesday if you don’t mind me asking? I’m still waiting to hear something back and it will probably affect my decision for May 1

in correspondence with Dr. Brass, director for the MSTP, he has indicated that waitlist movement for MD/PhD is unlikely and that at the moment MD admissions say the class is very full.

• Sad
Prayers and good vibes for all of us anxiously waiting on the waitlist 😭

• Care
Just wondering, does Perelman offer any full COA scholarships or is it only full tuition and fees?

Just wondering, does Perelman offer any full COA scholarships or is it only full tuition and fees?
They have given more than full tuition in the past to defray some living costs but the extra money is usually tied to income or what one would consider financial aid on top of a merit scholarship.

They have given more than full tuition in the past to defray some living costs but the extra money is usually tied to income or what one would consider financial aid on top of a merit scholarship.
Thanks for the info!

Looks like no WL movement this year then? Has anyone talked to admissions?

Keep in mind that not everything gets reported on SDN. A few people have joined/left the GroupMe since May 1st. I personally know at least a handful of people who have committed elsewhere. Don’t lose hope just yet :)

Any WL movement so far? Trying to get a sense of if I should lose hope by now LOL