You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Pennsylvania (Perelman)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
James Avidan
New Member
Oh gosh I didn't even know they did post-II R's. What did they even say? Sorry friends 🙁same 😢
@dr.socrates bro these non rolling schools love you. Can I have one of your acceptances lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same for me! I didn't get a phone call but got an A in the portal? in shock right nowdang i didnt get a call but portal updated and I got the A?!!!! so maybe for people who havent got a call, dont lose hope yet, check your portals!!
D
deleted1036421
GOT THE A !! Also no phone call, checked through portal!!!
Im literally in complete shock sjehrjngnfkrjv gh ejejehrjrj this is my dream school
Im literally in complete shock sjehrjngnfkrjv gh ejejehrjrj this is my dream school
me too. ****Pretty sure I got a post II R... didn't even know they gave those out 🙁
themagictaco
Full Member
A for me no call tho did get some no caller ID thing to call me that I could not call back so I guess that was my interviewer lol
Rejected 🙁
Badabingmd
Full Member
WL. Do we know if there will be any movement here?
OneDegreeCooler
New Member
Accepted this afternoon!! Interviewed in Oct
D
deleted1077590
Does anyone know if penn matches scholarships from relatively equivalent schools?
mishmam1561
New Member
524Would anyone mind who got accepted saying what their LM was or mcat?
I am aware of a couple of people who negotiated a deal for tuition breaks when they didn't get anything initially (not exactly a match but they were not eligible for FA and so it was definitely a scholarship).Does anyone know if penn matches scholarships from relatively equivalent schools?
Please ensure you file all your financial forms whether you think you are eligible for FA or not and dont assume scholarships are automatic if you dont file the required forms from the school. They should already be listing those on the portal (parents tax returns, FAFSA and CS profile(?)). If you dont file them, they may not give you anything and that is a bad starting point.
I would suggest waiting until the package announcements early next month and have your appeal ready to go.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
---
Last edited:
They moved to quarters of ranking in 2020 graduation batch. Not sure what they do now. I think it said things like someone is in top quarter, top third etc.Does anyone know if Perelman discusses a numerical rank or percentile for students in their MSPE for the residency match? Just curious.
This is outside of giving out AOA and Gold Humanism etc which also provide a clear rank for the top people.
TyrodTaylorSoldierSpy
Full Member
WL Thursday - Does anyone know how much movement there typically is on the WL and whether its ranked?
D
deleted852061
Based on the 2021 records (I don't know if anyone has 2022 file), they accepted 275 in total and 155 enrolled.WL Thursday - Does anyone know how much movement there typically is on the WL and whether its ranked?
This says 15 in 2022 cycle.
WL FAQ says that it is unranked.
What they do at elite schools is to aim for a certain class profile (Sex, race, circumstances and so forth) and when they lose people due to yield, they try to add people they lost in the mix to bring back the diversity level of the class.
It is important to write one to feel good about having done everything you could possibly do.Anyone know how much upenn cares about letters of intent from waitlisted applicants?
They take less than 20 from waitlists. Unless you are able to provide some major update that can improve your stock vis a vis others, they claim all the applicants are competitively reviewed.
PA Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Varies per cycle 15 Competitive review of waitlist applications by Committee on Admissions
wack_barbie
Full Member
21st century scholar notification rn via email.A call just now, interviewer initials EA
ditto!
Volkner243
Full Member
KING 👑21st century scholar notification rn via email.
Same here, yesterday afternoon. Had to pinch myself. Sending good vibes to those on the waitlist!21st century scholar notification rn via email.
D
deleted1077590
Lol its an absolute joke this year💀 they didn't even acknowledge my other offers. Sad bc it seemed like they were way more generous in the previous yearsAnyone here disappointed in the financial aid package just now????? My 4-year debt will be 6 figures higher than the MSAR average for Penn 😭😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fax me an offer letter, I'll autograph it, and then you can send it to Perleman. Then they'll consider a counteroffer.Lol its an absolute joke this year💀 they didn't even acknowledge my other offers. Sad bc it seemed like they were way more generous in the previous years
just as a point of comparison, my need-based scholarship was wayyy more than I was even hoping for. like...woah
itskatniss
Full Member
Idk what this matters for 3 weeks later, but I got a call from SSnew update 4:08pm (def may have missed some)
Calls: AN, DL, DM(?), EA, EO, FP, JLC, KMR, MC, MF, SH, SK
Silence: AW, BE, BF, CB, CC, EP, ES, HF, JB, MH, MK, MR, RO, SL, SN, SS, SSC, ST
feel free to DM me if you got a call but want to remain anonymous
D
deleted1160414
They havent been matching or even doing partials for multiple people (definitely not at least purely merit based). Very different from what they said during interviews and what people have said about penn in the past. If someone has been matched feel free to update this.
HarvardMBA
Full Member
Likewise. I have two six-figure merit offers of which I've made Penn aware, and Penn isn't budging.
Word on the street is that next Monday or Tuesday is the last day merit offers could go out.
Word on the street is that next Monday or Tuesday is the last day merit offers could go out.
How did you hear Monday/Tuesday if you don’t mind me asking? I’m still waiting to hear something back and it will probably affect my decision for May 1Likewise. I have two six-figure merit offers of which I've made Penn aware, and Penn isn't budging.
Word on the street is that next Monday or Tuesday is the last day merit offers could go out.
Any WL news?
Volkner243
Full Member
People have been moving in and out of the accepted students GroupMe so I'm assuming WL movement has already started?Any WL news?
in the past movement happened on FridaysPeople have been moving in and out of the accepted students GroupMe so I'm assuming WL movement has already started?
Friend1017
Full Member
Just wondering, does Perelman offer any full COA scholarships or is it only full tuition and fees?
They have given more than full tuition in the past to defray some living costs but the extra money is usually tied to income or what one would consider financial aid on top of a merit scholarship.Just wondering, does Perelman offer any full COA scholarships or is it only full tuition and fees?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Friend1017
Full Member
Thanks for the info!They have given more than full tuition in the past to defray some living costs but the extra money is usually tied to income or what one would consider financial aid on top of a merit scholarship.
Looks like no WL movement this year then? Has anyone talked to admissions?
srishkabob
New Member
Any WL movement so far? Trying to get a sense of if I should lose hope by now LOL
Volkner243
Full Member
No one has joined or left the group chat since around 5/21.