You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pennsylvania State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Withdrew my A here!
Withdrawing my A. This was a very difficult decision for me as I’ve lived around the area for the past few years. Penn State is a great school with an awesome community and I’m excited for this opportunity to go to another deserving applicant. Goodbye PSCOM, maybe we’ll cross paths again on the future [emoji170]🤍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen you here since the beginning! Best of luck to you!!Withdrawing my A. This was a very difficult decision for me as I’ve lived around the area for the past few years. Penn State is a great school with an awesome community and I’m excited for this opportunity to go to another deserving applicant. Goodbye PSCOM, maybe we’ll cross paths again on the future [emoji170]🤍
scarletblaze
Full Member
Does anyone know when the CTE deadline is here?
Does anyone know if letters of intent and interest still can’t include updates? After reading last year’s thread it seemed like that was the case, but curious if anyone knows
I consulted my pre-health advisor on this issue and included some updates on my recent activities. The StudentAdmission office replied quickly to confirm they received my letter of intent and the letter would be shared with the admissions committee.Does anyone know if letters of intent and interest still can’t include updates? After reading last year’s thread it seemed like that was the case, but curious if anyone knows
Last edited:
I did not include any updates under the same impressions but also received quick confirmation they received my letter
I consulted my pre-health advisor on this issue and included some updates on my recent activities. The StudentAdmission office replied quickly to confirm they received my letter of intent.
I emailed and they said don't include updates. If people have already sent it, my guess is they would just ignore the updates and focus on your interest?I did not include any updates under the same impressions but also received quick confirmation they received my letter
They said it should start on Monday according to the info session this weekanyone know when ”hold list” movement starts?
jefe_piglet
Full Member
Withdrew my A for a school closer to home. Seriously loved the school though and I’m honestly so excited for whoever gets my spot [emoji3590]
bstomd2024
Full Member
PTE deadline extended to 5/17
I wonder if this will delay WL movementPTE deadline extended to 5/17
has there been any hold -> A movement? And does anyone know when classes start?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone send LOI and not receive confirmation?
forthehopeofitall1313
New Member
Did anyone send LOI and not receive confirmation?
They don’t accept updates 🙁
They accept letters of intent and interest with no updates as of 4/30They don’t accept updates 🙁
Frogonthegrill
Full Member
I know I can’t be the only one checking this thread 10-12x/day for WL movement updates
I’m right here with you 🤣I know I can’t be the only one checking this thread 10-12x/day for WL movement updates
I was curious about this. Just based on what I’m seeing here on SDN I assumed they would be starting soon because many people have withdrew. But if anyone finds the actual answer on if they’re waiting until the deadline let us know lolI feel like we won't see any WL -> A movements until PTE deadline finishes :// I hope we find out this week so I can have closure and focus on reapplying.
aSMAD3mutant
New Member
I did some reading from last year's SDN, it looks like WL movement is likely late-May/early-June. Everyone reported a phone call first in the afternoon. Hope this helps settle some of our anxiety and best of luck to everyone!
First WL -> A, May 12th, 2023
Second WL -> A, May 17th, 2023
Third WL -> A, June 6th, 2023
Fourth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
Fifth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
First WL -> A, May 12th, 2023
Second WL -> A, May 17th, 2023
Third WL -> A, June 6th, 2023
Fourth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
Fifth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
Thank you for this investigative workI did some reading from last year's SDN, it looks like WL movement is likely late-May/early-June. Everyone reported a phone call first in the afternoon. Hope this helps settle some of our anxiety and best of luck to everyone!
First WL -> A, May 12th, 2023
Second WL -> A, May 17th, 2023
Third WL -> A, June 6th, 2023
Fourth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
Fifth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
I was able to get admissions on the phone earlier and the woman I spoke with says she anticipates waitlist movement next week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Thank you very much for reducing my neurotic email checking this week!I was able to get admissions on the phone earlier and the woman I spoke with says she anticipates waitlist movement next week 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
This is just what is posted online. I know two girls who were accepted in late June and one girl was accepted literally the Thursday before the Monday orientation!I did some reading from last year's SDN, it looks like WL movement is likely late-May/early-June. Everyone reported a phone call first in the afternoon. Hope this helps settle some of our anxiety and best of luck to everyone!
First WL -> A, May 12th, 2023
Second WL -> A, May 17th, 2023
Third WL -> A, June 6th, 2023
Fourth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
Fifth WL -> A, June 8th, 2023
Don't continuously check as it's terrible for your mental health, but also know there might be movement even if no one reports it.
Whiplash72
Full Member
Do we just email the adcom if we want to withdraw? Can't find anywhere on the portal to do it. I'm going to a DO school and this is my only "hold list" for MD (no acceptances), so I guess it doesn't matter that much
Whiplash72
Full Member
I just sent the adcom an email. Figure it'd only really matter if I got an A anyways. Could find a way to do it on AMCAS eitherDo we just email the adcom if we want to withdraw? Can't find anywhere on the portal to do it. I'm going to a DO school and this is my only "hold list" for MD (no acceptances), so I guess it doesn't matter that much
Anxious for this week but sending good vibes!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anxious for this week but sending good vibes!!
Hoping you hear good news soon [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317] you got this!! I heard PTE was moved back to 5/17 or smthn (someone please correct me) so I’m sure many are still holding seats
yep it was pushed back to 5/17 bc of delays with fafsa processing!Hoping you hear good news soon [emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317][emoji1317] you got this!! I heard PTE was moved back to 5/17 or smthn (someone please correct me) so I’m sure many are still holding seats
Hi friends, current student here (M3 going on a research year). Just wanted to send a link to the (unofficial) school discord: Join the Penn State College of Medicine Discord Server!
We have students from all four years and alumni, so getting advice is a bit easier. For now, take the M0 role when you join since the M1s are still M1s for a month.
Your class also has their own server that is temporarily moderated by some of the M1s: Join the PSUCOM c/o 2028 Discord Server!
When you get your @pennstatehealth.psu.edu (ridiculously long) email address, we can verify you actually go here and give you access to the ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*exclusive*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ channels. We're waiting until you get a Penn State to verify accepted students to make sure there aren't random people lurking that aren't at the school. This is all to maintain a safe space for students to talk about anything on their minds.
Feel free to reach out with any questions 🙂
We have students from all four years and alumni, so getting advice is a bit easier. For now, take the M0 role when you join since the M1s are still M1s for a month.
Your class also has their own server that is temporarily moderated by some of the M1s: Join the PSUCOM c/o 2028 Discord Server!
When you get your @pennstatehealth.psu.edu (ridiculously long) email address, we can verify you actually go here and give you access to the ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*exclusive*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ channels. We're waiting until you get a Penn State to verify accepted students to make sure there aren't random people lurking that aren't at the school. This is all to maintain a safe space for students to talk about anything on their minds.
Feel free to reach out with any questions 🙂
Last edited:
bstomd2024
Full Member
Has anyone received a financial aid package yet?
curiouslyhooked
New Member
or a scholarship?Has anyone received a financial aid package yet?
@AstroSidekick
If I may... was also curious your perspective on anything at PSU that might have been good to know as a new MS please--any either lesser known but helpful tips, or tricky/laggy/quirky things that maybe make navigating the system or courses a little harder? I'll also ask this of my house upperclassmen when I get there 🙂
Thank you for being such a great big bro/sister to us on here!
If I may... was also curious your perspective on anything at PSU that might have been good to know as a new MS please--any either lesser known but helpful tips, or tricky/laggy/quirky things that maybe make navigating the system or courses a little harder? I'll also ask this of my house upperclassmen when I get there 🙂
Thank you for being such a great big bro/sister to us on here!
No but that’s probably a good thing!!!did anybody else get a call from admissions just now scheduling a meeting with the dean on thursday regarding an "update on their application status" ?????????????? so confused currently waitlisted so maybe movement? anyone have any insight on what this could be about?????
Frogonthegrill
Full Member
^^ what sushilover said! Not me eitherNo but that’s probably a good thing!!!
Frogonthegrill
Full Member
@ bdizzle did you submit a LOI?
Lmao this is making me nervous!😅^^ what sushilover said! Not me either
climb_2009
Full Member
Yes a couple of weeks agoor a scholarship?
Sent a letter of interest without updates and received a confirmation email saying "thank you for your letter of intent, and it will be shared to the admissions committee." Should I contact admissions to make sure that they know it's a letter of interest and not intent or should it be fine since my letter is very clear about being the former?
I got the same response. I believe that’s just their standard replySent a letter of interest without updates and received a confirmation email saying "thank you for your letter of intent, and it will be shared to the admissions committee." Should I contact admissions to make sure that they know it's a letter of interest and not intent or should it be fine since my letter is very clear about being the former?
Gotcha, thanks for letting me know!I got the same response. I believe that’s just their standard reply
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any movement? Silence is making me crazy😭
a off the WL
It’s starting.a off the WL
Congrats!!! How long are they giving you to accept/decline your offer?a off the WL
5 business days!Congrats!!! How long do you have to decline/accept your offer?