2022-2023 Pennsylvania State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Placed on hold about 15 minutes ago OOS complete 08/06. Also very interested in how holds work here since the email said many applicants are placed in this category
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else's interviews not read their app till the actual interview and asked super generic questions but not why med or why Penn State, couldn't get a read on them
 
Anyone else's interviews not read their app till the actual interview and asked super generic questions but not why med or why Penn State, couldn't get a read on them
I interviewed on 10/14 and had a very similar experience... I felt like I spent more time explaining my application and the questions were all over the place. After the interview and information session, I certainly had mixed feelings and didn't know how to exactly feel about it. I am still waiting to hear back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any decisions lately? I interviewed 10/7 and haven't heard back yet. When I interviewed during the 2021 cycle, it took them exactly 7 weeks to get back to me (which would be next Friday). Anyone have insight on this timeline? I figure it may be a bit different since I interviewed late in the cycle last time.
 
I interviewed on 10/14 and had a very similar experience... I felt like I spent more time explaining my application and the questions were all over the place. After the interview and information session, I certainly had mixed feelings and didn't know how to exactly feel about it. I am still waiting to hear back.
was it more about asking you to explain your clinical experience, research experience, hobbies, things like that? rather than a why medicine or why penn state?
 
Anyone else's interviews not read their app till the actual interview and asked super generic questions but not why med or why Penn State, couldn't get a read on them
do you mind sharing more about your experience? they didn't ask about why medicine/why Penn State? was it more of you explaining your experiences in different areas like clinical and research?
 
do you mind sharing more about your experience? they didn't ask about why medicine/why Penn State? was it more of you explaining your experiences in different areas like clinical and research?
I might be wrong, but I felt like they were reading my app for the first time and just going down the list of my activities. If you know your activities well and can relate them to things like ur strengths/weakness u should be fine. Def know your research