2022-2023 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it be appropriate if I contacted them for an update since it’s been over 9 weeks and they said they would get back within 6-8 weeks?
I don't see why not tbh

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, current OMS-2 at Touro. I found a list of rotation sites on campus that’s not yet on the school’s website.

Please note that I’m happy to answer general questions about the school and lifestyle here but I don’t answer questions about the interview process or questions that could be construed as interview-style questions.

View attachment 355218
Thanks for posting this, I still can't find anything like it on the website. Is this... all the rotation sites? Most of the other DO schools I've seen presentations on have regional academic centers spread out over the area (or sometimes country). Not having to pick up and move 3rd year (and maybe 4th again) seems like a huge plus, could you speak a little more about clinical rotations at TUNCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Turned down an interview here hope it goes to one of you lovely people ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey, did you end up doing that? I'm in a similar boat so was considering doing the same thing.
Yeah I called and the person said the admissions office was closed, which was weird since it was 10 am on a weekday. She ended up taking down my info and saying she’ll pass along the message. I then got the same email I got more than 8 weeks ago saying how my application was under review and will take 6-8 weeks to hear back. I also got another blurb on the bottom saying that I do not need to contact them again for updates. So personally I’m taking that as we’re really busy don’t bother us, but I don’t know maybe they’re just taking their time.

Thanks for posting this, I still can't find anything like it on the website. Is this... all the rotation sites? Most of the other DO schools I've seen presentations on have regional academic centers spread out over the area (or sometimes country). Not having to pick up and move 3rd year (and maybe 4th again) seems like a huge plus, could you speak a little more about clinical rotations at TUNCOM?
All rotation sites are in the city, max 45 minute drive if you have to go from one end of the city to the other. Third year rotations are all set up by the school and are in Vegas. Fourth year students pick their own rotations. Most only leave Vegas if they have specific audition rotations they want, for example if there's a competitive program out of town that they're interested in. The list consists of all the hospitals Touro students rotate at. The only rotations not on that list are with preceptors at private practices, for example an outpatient psychiatrist with their own office, not affiliated with a hospital.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who submitted the standard form, what does your requirement status say? Mine says "Received (Pending Review)" and I'm not sure if I need to do anything at this point.

For those of you who submitted the standard form, what does your requirement status say? Mine says "Received (Pending Review)" and I'm not sure if I need to do anything at this point.

+1
I don’t think there is anything to do at this point but to just wait until they get to our files.

Did you guys receive the standard form before or after your interview invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember from the interview.. but are preclinical years pass/fail? I remember something about a GPA i think but I can't remember if were given grades?

I can't remember from the interview.. but are preclinical years pass/fail? I remember something about a GPA i think but I can't remember if were given grades?
Yeah it is P/F with internal rankings. They tell you your rank at the end of the semester I believe

Has anyone who was interviewed in the first session heard anything yet? I know they were very specific that we would hear back in two weeks but still nothing

Has anyone who was interviewed in the first session heard anything yet? I know they were very specific that we would hear back in two weeks but still nothing
nothing yet

congrats on the accepted; part of me dgaf but part of me is freaking out
Ahah, yea it's freaking me out too... I don't know what would be worse... getting an actual answer... or the continual waiting game. xD

I emailed asking if this was waitlist or not... I'll update when I get a response back.

Reactions: 2 users
I was too scared to open it yesterday but I just did… my first acceptance!!! I think I’m in shock

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have access to the recent match lists for this school? The only years I can find are from 2016-2018.

Does anyone have access to the recent match lists for this school? The only years I can find are from 2016-2018.

Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine 2022 Match List (Informal)
Non exhaustive, this was an informal spreadsheet that was passed around the class
Looks like at least 10 people didn't respond
As I've noted above, I'm an OMS-3 and happy to answer questions about the school (also non trad and lgbtq if you have questions specifically pertaining to lifestyle/experience here)
I don't answer any questions that could be construed as interview questions

SpecialtyResidency Program
AnesthesiologyKettering Health Grandview Medical - Dayton, Ohio
AnesthesiologySunrise Health GME Consortium-NV
AnesthesiologySunrise Health GME Consortium-NV
AnesthesiologyKettering Health
AnesthesiologyThomas Jefferson University - Philadelphia, PA
Child NeurologyPhoenix Children's
DermatologyLarkin-South Miami
Emergency MedChristus Health-Corpus Christi Tx
Emergency MedicineKaweah Delta - Visalia, CA
Emergency MedicineMC Arlington - Texas
Emergency MedicineMemorial Healthcare System - Hollywood, FL
Emergency MedicineSt. Agnes Medical Center-- Fresno, CA
Emergency MedicineSunrise Health GME Consortium - NV
Emergency MedicineSunrise Health GME Consortium - NV
Family MedAdventist Health White Memorial-CA
Family medSt. Marie Mary Corwin Med Ctr - Co
Family MedicineUniversity of Montana - Missoula
Family MedicineCentral Washington - Yakima, WA
Family MedicineDignity Health - Methodist, Sacramento, CA
Family MedicineEmanate Heallth - West Covina, CA
Family MedicineGeorgetown- MD/DC
Family MedicineKaiser Permanente - Orange County
Family Medicine Kaiser Permanente - Orange County
Family MedicineKaiser Permanente SoCal - Riverside, CA
Family MedicineKaiser Permanante - Sacramento
Family MedicineLa Grange Memorial - Illinois
Family MedicineLoma Linda
Family MedicineOHSU Portland
Family MedicineRiverside Community Hospital/UCR SOM - Riverside, CA
Family MedicineSumma Health/NEOMED - Akron, OH
Family MedicineSunrise Health GME Consortium-NV
Family MedicineSunrise Health GME Consortium-NV
Family MedicineUCSF Fresno
Family MedicineUCSF Fresno
Family MedicineUHS Southern California Medical Education Consortium - Temecula, CA
Family MedicineUHS Southern California Medical Education Consortium - Temecula, CA
Family MedicineUniversity of Nevada - Reno
Family MedicineValley Consortium - Modesto, CA
Family MedicineUNLV
Family MedicineValley Health Systems
Family MedicineValley Hospital
Family MedicineNellis AFB
Family MedicineValley Hospital
Family MedicineAdventist Health Glendale
General Surgery UC Davis - David Grant Medical Center
General SurgeryCommunity Memorial Health System - Ventura, CA
General SurgeryValley Health Systems
General Surgery Midwestern University (AZ)
Internal MedicineCorpus Christi Medical Center- Bay area TX
Internal MedicineHCA Healcare LewisGale Montgomery
Internal MedicineLargo Medical Center
Internal MedicineRiverside Community Hospital
Internal MedicineSanta Barbara Cottage Hospital
Internal MedicineSt Joseph Med - CA
Internal medicineSt. Mary medical center - Long beach
Internal MedicineSunrise Health GME Consortium - NV
Internal MedicineSunrise Health GME Consortium - NV
Internal MedicineUC Riverside St Bernardine Medical Center
Internal MedicineUNLV
Internal MedicineUNLV
Internal Medicine UNLV
Internal MedicineUSF/HCA Tampa, Brandon hospital
Internal MedicineUWashington Boise ID
Internal MedicineValley Hospital
Internal MedicineValley Hospital AND NOBODY IS SURPRISED
Internal MedicineUSF HCA Morsani Trinity, FL
Internal Medicine Riverside Community Hospital/UCR SOM
Internal Medicine Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Internal Medicine Loma Linda
Internal MedicineUCSF Fresno
Internal MedicintVirginia Mason Medical Center - Seattle
Internal MedicineUniversity of Washington
Internal MedicineBrown University
NeurologyUSC
NeurologyRiverside University Health System
NeurologyHealth One Swedish Med
NeurologyUT Austin Dell Med
NeurologyUT Houston
NeurologyValley Hospital
NeurologySunrise Health GME Consortium - NV
OBGYNMountain View (Sunrise Health GME)
OBGYNMountain View (Sunrise Health GME)
Ophthalmology Kettering Health - Dayton, OH
Orthopedic SurgeryCommunity Memorial Health System - Ventura, CA
Orthopedic SurgeryUniversity of Minnesota
Orthopedic SurgeryValley Hospital Las Vegas
Orthopedic SurgeryCleveland Clinic South Pointe
PathologySumma Health - OH
PathologyAllegheny General Hospital - Pittsburgh, PA
PathologyUniversity of Nebraska Medical Center
PediatricsDuke
PediatricsPhoenix Children's
PediatricsStanford
PediatricsUMass Chan-Baystate
PediatricsUNLV
PediatricsUNLV Kirk Kerkorian
Pediatrics Advocate Lutheran General - Park Ridge
PediatricsKaiser Permanente- Oakland
PediatricsUCONN
PM&R Sunrise Health GME Consortium-NV
PM&R Sunrise GME
Prelim medicineHCA Medical City Weatherford-TX
PsychiatrySt. Joseph's Dignity - Stockton, CA
PsychiatrySunrise Health GME Consortium - NV
PsychiatryUNLV
Psychiatry UNLV
RadiologyUniversity of Mississippi Medical Center (Jackson, MS)
RadiologyUTSW - TX
RadiologyUT San Antonio

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got ACCEPTED!! I originally had the delay email so idk if it actually means anything or they took a longer time to deliberate my file or if its like an alphabetical thing. Just posting this to say that there is still hope for those who got that email

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
after the II decision delay, I sadly say i will not be partying it up in Vegas... not sure what happened post-II

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! But also, is final review different from regular review?
good question, I've just looked and its listed as a status update. I received and email on 8/8 stating that they had received my secondary, and the next email I got related to my status was the one last week stating that I was in "final review".

Seems like you don't hear from them until you are in final review then they let you know fairly quickly. I would imagine final review may be an internal cut, but they may also take everyone into final review.

interviewed this week and got an email saying i’ll receive an update by nov 16. did anyone else get this or know what it means?

interviewed this week and got an email saying i’ll receive an update by nov 16. did anyone else get this or know what it means?
Sounds like you'll get an update on Nov 16th!

Reactions: 3 users